IT.COM

Just bought Spillable.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AgentE13

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys,
I am kinda new but I already made some sales of a few hundred dollars.
I just bought this domain, it is 1 word .com dictionary domain.
What do you think about it?
I don`t know if it`s a good niche, thought I`d ask you guys...?
TIA

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It definitely has value but I would just be guessing (haven't done any research) but I like the name. Some comparable sales:

spilldirect.com $1,725
sortable.com $1,500
seekable.com $1,500
spillfreak $2,095

•••
It definitely has value but I would just be guessing (haven't done any research) but I like the name. Some comparable sales:

spilldirect.com $1,725
sortable.com $1,500
seekable.com $1,500
spillfreak $2,095

I just made some research and I found those comparable sales:
Wantable.com - 47,000$
Movable.com - 40,000$
Valueable - 28,500$
Showable.com - 20,000$
Romecable.com - 19,000$

How much should I ask for my domain? any Idea?

•••
Hi Omer,

My apologies for not digging deeper on prior related sales.

I am in pricing mode for some of my aged domains and have been looking for the bottom number I would accept. I think you name has a nice niche (containment based industries) and with time and some creative marketing it could go for much more than the 'lowball' prior sales that I posted.

•••
I just made some research and I found those comparable sales:
Wantable.com - 47,000$
Movable.com - 40,000$
Valueable - 28,500$
Showable.com - 20,000$
Romecable.com - 19,000$
You are doing it all wrong.

Your first 4 comparing names have a strong commercially positive meaning. While Spillable... I had to google to get a clue.

jv8dHZe.png

Hm5bKSR.png

So this is rather something negative, something everybody would try to avoid.

Imagine any company that would want to name themselves Spillable?? Like Morons. Also "1 word dictionary".

And Romecable is not even with the root Able, it's Cable.

So, answering your question
How much should I ask for my domain? any Idea?

Put it on $1 reserve auction here on NP. I can't imagine it will go for more than $50.

Now, if you look at these...

s6zYCNX.png

Those ^^ have a commercial potential.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
I like Spillable - it reminds me of babies in high chairs with sippy cups -- or maybe adults with coffee or wine -- any kind of beverage.
As I'm new too, I can't suggest an asking price. Good luck with this, and congrats on the sales you've made so far.

•••
Spillable is sellable. To who, where, when...unknown.

•••
•••
How much did you spend on this one?

•••
It's a negative word. No value.

•••
It's a negative word. No value.

While I generally agree with you I still remember our good friend UglyDorks "Hatred" .com sale of 150k... and even though hatred in it's connotation is still much much better than Spillable, it's a very dark, evil, negative word. So I guess anything is possible, but in general I'd agree with you that it'd be a hard sell.

Last edited:
•••
While I generally agree with you I still remember our good friend UglyDorks "Hatred" .com sale of 150k...

I think some words although negative are so strong that they can still find a use. Hatred could be a name of a film, a video game or even an adult site.

Hatred is also memorable.

Spillable is just .. Meh.

•••
Agreed I added some in. No doubt Hatred is stronger even when negative.

•••
Hopefully you didn't pay too much for this. Most decent one word .com's will run you $3k+, I think as a beginner you should spend more time researching the different classes of premium domains before you start spending again. Even Spill.com, although it's the root word domain...isn't something I would buy personally due to the slightly negative connotation.

•••
How much did you pay for this?

•••
How much did you pay for this?
Looks like 25 usd on flippa.

So actually probably not a bad buy. Worst case scenario he's 25 down

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back