domains Jumelles.com once sold for $28,000, $2,050 second time around

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Domain names sales for May 14, 2020 that transacted for the second time around. Jumelles.com priced a lot differently the second time around. Same for Call.to as it sold for 20% of the last time it sold. Sometimes it’s as simple as the name expired and it’s not an end user buying but rather a […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
good blog series you got going on here

•••
Great article, thank you. "Jumelles" also means twin girls in French...so it has two meanings

•••
•••
Thanks for the series @equity78 and I agree it is important to look at trends in names that sell multiple times. Important point you make about the situation in many cases, though:

"Sometimes it’s as simple as the name expired and it’s not an end user buying but rather a domain investor. Sometimes it is a sale to another end user. Other times the name even though expired is a bit more trendy and trades at a higher price."

Agree that the main thing we see when a big drop was the first sale was to (or at least for) a specific end user, had competition, and it went at a retail price. The business changes or fails, and next time around no competition for name, so goes for wholesale price. It doesn't necessarily say anything about the sector or pricing trends.

Among the most interesting cases are two apparently wholesale acquisitions by domain investors, but years apart. That might tell us how that sector and type of name is changing in price.

Thanks so much for the many ways you keep the domain community informed, @equity78 ! Thank You (we need a thanks emoji! Why do we have multiple alien ones, and as far as I can see no simple thanks icon? Yes, I know, we do have a button for that :xf.smile:)

Bob

•••
•••
It happens all the time.

•••
Great article, thank you. "Jumelles" also means twin girls in French...so it has two meanings

Oh thanks for the added info there. Seems like a good buy at the price with double meanings here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back