Dynadot

news James Iles appointed GoDaddy liaison to domain investor community

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
For those who have not heard, GoDaddy created the new position of domain investment community manager. The person will serve as a liaison to the domain investor community, helping domain investors with GoDaddy services, and providing feedback from the investor community to GoDaddy on ways to improve its services.

And the first person to fill that position is someone very well known to the NamePros community, @James Iles !!

Congratulations to James on this new position, and to GoDaddy on creating the position.

Hat tip to Andrew @DomainNameWire for breaking the story today (see https://domainnamewire.com/2022/12/...daddy-as-liason-to-domain-investor-community/)

JamesNewPosPN.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats @James Iles I am assuming they tested to see if you have the patience of a saint? 😅 We are a demanding bunch. Just look at the DAN thread…

•••
Congratulations on your new job, James!

Maybe you could help me connect with the right person? I have two domains that I'm not receiving the opt-in emails from GoDaddy for Fast Transfer. Afternic says I need to contact GoDaddy but I don't know who to contact (and based on previous experience, the chat support is NOT a viable option).

•••
Heartiest Congratulations!
How to get in touch with you regarding clarity on any GoDaddy Service/issue.
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations @James Iles with you new role, I really appreciate you doing this.

Perhaps you could read this thread with some suggestions on creating an "official" Afternic thread with ideas to improve your services (not only Afternic bug reporting and negativity). As you can see there, mods have also tried reaching out to reps from GoDaddy and Afternic, unfortunately without success.

Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Does someone know how can a domain be renewed until 2030 at Godaddy but be in pending delete status?
The domain now is catched by someone at NameBright, yes that one company servant of ICANN and Verisign.
Please feel free to email me jiles (at) godaddy.com with details of this. I'm happy to look into it

•••
•••
Sorry for ignorance, but what exactly will be his role in plain English?

liaison​

a sexual relationship, especially between two people not married to each other

I don't exactly catch this drift. :unsure:

•••
Does someone know how can a domain be renewed until 2030 at Godaddy but be in pending delete status?
The domain now is catched by someone at NameBright, yes that one company servant of ICANN and Verisign.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back