Dynadot

I've been hacked.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
My Accounts have been hacked. Do not respond until I clearly confirm. My accounts are still hacked

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not trying to hijack your thread, Ali.... but this looks interesting.

By all means! Whatever information we can get our hands on to keep us more secure, I'm all for.

•••
I was just hacked as well but caught it before any damage was done. Be careful out there guys especially if you hold valuable domain names. I would turn on two step authentication for everything!!!

•••
HaveIBeenPwned.com

Great site run by a trusted security professional. See if a site you use has been hacked and your account details compromised. It's far from complete, but it has all the major, reasonably obtainable leaks, including a few that cost a fair penny to get your hands on.

•••
I was just hacked as well but caught it before any damage was done. Be careful out there guys especially if you hold valuable domain names. I would turn on two step authentication for everything!!!

Did you turn on 2FA before the incident?

And, how did you know your account been hacked?

•••
Did you turn on 2FA before the incident?

And, how did you know your account been hacked?
I have 2FA on all of my email accounts already as I had this happen to me before. Both Gmail and Hotmail notify when suspicious activity occurs on my accounts. This instance was someone had logged into my account from VA. Also looking back at my history I had a lot of failed login attempts from CN

•••
Yikes man, I think this should be a rude awaking for all of us, including myself. We all assume it wont happen to us, when it does we sit back and think...I should have done this and should have done that ..

Good to hear that you managed to salvage most of everything and minimize the damage Ali.

•••
Yikes man, I think this should be a rude awaking for all of us, including myself. We all assume it wont happen to us, when it does we sit back and think...I should have done this and should have done that ..

Good to hear that you managed to salvage most of everything and minimize the damage Ali.
Tell me about it last time I was hacked they deleted my email account including all of the emails that were in it. Lesson learned.........Word of advice. It can and WILL HAPPEN to you. Plan ahead people!!

•••
•••
I've played around with the idea of using Linux for some time now. I've been putting it off due to loads of excuses I keep making which I'm sure aren't really valid excuses...lol .. they just excuses for me to procrastinate on actually making the move over to Linux.

Some of the excuses are:
Learning Curve
Software availability (mainly IM related software)
I currently know my way around windows and how to tweak and fix things very well. To get as proficient on Linux as I am with Windows might take a while....

I'm sure most of those excuses can be shot down by Linux users... :)

•••
I got this email from flippa the other day regarding one of my domains.....

"Hi Dzulhelmi Mastuki,
We've received a request to add domains matching this whois email address to your Flippa Domain Portfolio."
mydomain com

Anyone who knows me or has dealt with me will know I am Andy from Scotland!!! Is this something I should be careful of or is someone just chancing it?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I got this email from flippa the other day regarding one of my domains.....

"Hi Dzulhelmi Mastuki,
We've received a request to add domains matching this whois email address to your Flippa Domain Portfolio."
mydomain com

Anyone who knows me or has dealt with me will know I am Andy from Scotland!!! Is this something I should be careful of or is someone just chancing it?

If you don't have a Flippa account or Flippa domain portfolio and someone is trying to add those domains then I would be concerned, it looks like to me that someone could be tying to sell your domains on Flippa... I'm sure they would need to verify ownership though...

•••
•••
•••
If you don't have a Flippa account or Flippa domain portfolio and someone is trying to add those domains then I would be concerned, it looks like to me that someone could be tying to sell your domains on Flippa... I'm sure they would need to verify ownership though...
I do have a flippa account but haven't listed there for a while. It was the ownership email that alerted me.

•••
I've played around with the idea of using Linux for some time now. I've been putting it off due to loads of excuses I keep making which I'm sure aren't really valid excuses...lol .. they just excuses for me to procrastinate on actually making the move over to Linux.

Some of the excuses are:
Learning Curve
Software availability (mainly IM related software)
I currently know my way around windows and how to tweak and fix things very well. To get as proficient on Linux as I am with Windows might take a while....

I'm sure most of those excuses can be shot down by Linux users... :)
I do love open source but I'm done running Linux distros as my main OS. There is just to much hassle when something goes wrong or don't work. Hours after hours of looking for solutions that don't always exist.

•••
sad story mate hope you will rise up.

•••
•••
neeson.jpg

I don't know who you are... but I will find you...

Sorry to hear about this Ali, you're an inspiration to many domainers :-/
Glad to hear you recovered most of the accounts, this is something scary that should be a wake up call to the rest of us, even though we don't all have quite the domains you do it's important for us all to step up our security and ensure we have 2 factor auths on everything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back