Dynadot

I've been hacked.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
My Accounts have been hacked. Do not respond until I clearly confirm. My accounts are still hacked

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ali has been hacked again. He's wiping his drive. WIll update soon.

•••
This is Ali again. This pathetic loser has hacked all my shit again. Will update soon.

•••
download.jpg

•••
What are happening, is the third thread about hacking today?

•••
And buy a Mac.

And buy a Mac...

Truth. Good thing the only thing "Windows" I have in my house is my Xbox ;)

It's rather foolish to assume that using Mac protects you from malware. New malware is coming out for Mac every day. The same can be said for any popular operating system. There's no security benefit from using one operating system over another, unless you're using something particularly obscure.

•••
Does Lifelock or similar company's defend against hacked accts and digital assets?

•••
And buy a Mac.

And buy a Mac...

Haha, you remind me of the epic rap battles of history that Bill Gates versus Steve Jobs.

•••
Hacked again ? Damn, how is that even possible ?

I hope you get all this sorted out , Ali.

And if you find how it took place, let us all know so we can protect our accounts better.

•••
It's rather foolish to assume that using Mac protects you from malware. New malware is coming out for Mac every day. The same can be said for any popular operating system. There's no security benefit from using one operating system over another, unless you're using something particularly obscure.

I know you're badge reads "Tech Admin"..... But you cant be serious? No benefit??
Ummm..... I'm speechless.

I'm no Mac fan boy but no one can deny that one is more prone to hacks/malware using Windows verses Mac OS. The imperial data is there. The case studies, reports, etc all say you're wrong. Now can someone using Mac OS get malware? The answer to that is Yes. However the "Probability" of that happening is significantly lower verses Windows.

Thats not an opinion. Thats a wide accepted fact by everyone in the industry. Saying there is "NO" benefit from using one OS over another is crazy and even worst wrong. Programming aside Mac OS has one great benefit by default. Since Macs are not as popular as PCs, there are fewer malware written to target Mac. We can debate the merits of each OS and recent viruss, yada, yada but by last sentence is 100% factual.

Yes, Macs aren't perfect but I'll take my odds with Mac OS. over Windows any day. No hard feelings, I just disagree.

•••
I know you're badge reads "Tech Admin"..... But you cant be serious? No benefit??
Ummm..... I'm speechless.

I'm no Mac fan boy but no one can deny that one is more prone to hacks/malware using Windows verses Mac OS. The imperial data is there. The case studies, reports, etc all say you're wrong. Now can someone using Mac OS get malware? The answer to that is Yes. However the "Probability" of that happening is significantly lower verses Windows.

Thats not an opinion. Thats a wide accepted fact by everyone in the industry. Saying there is "NO" benefit from using one OS over another is crazy and even worst wrong. Programming aside Mac OS has one great benefit by default. Since Macs are not as popular as PCs, there are fewer malware written to target Mac. We can debate the merits of each OS and recent viruss, yada, yada but by last sentence is 100% factual.

Yes, Macs aren't perfect but I'll take my odds with Mac OS. over Windows any day. No hard feelings, I just disagree.

Market data for 2015 says 50% (approx) of all desktops/laptops sold were running Win7 and the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th & 7th ranks were also other versions of Windows.. OS X market share was 9.02%. So there is very little incentive for the cyber criminals to develop malwares directed at Mac users. But if we talk about the actual vulnerability of an OS then no OS is better than the other. Throw the statistics out. Just put up an ad that offers a reward for hacking into your Mac & a promise of not complaining to the law enforcers and you will get hacked in no time. I think at the end it all comes down to which OS receives security updates faster. OS X wins against Windows in this regard. But even OS X updates are not as fast as that of Linux. Linux has a reputation as being the OS of the tech crazy people & it is a correct perception. Linux can be the most user unfriendly OS but no sooner a bug is noticed it gets fixed by the community. The only reason so many PCs run Win is because it comes pre-installed & the average user doesn't understand the technicalities of changing an OS & the same goes for Mac . For an open source OS like Linux that doesn't have a big corporate daddy standing behind it you have to admire the people behind it.

•••
I happen to totally agree with you!

I guess my disagreement was the statement made that one OS over another has no benefits either way.

•••
Ali, if you still didn't recover your accounts, I caught the hacker trying to get your domains appraised somewhere, and trying to sell me one of your domains. He claimed he hacked a big time domains company and he was trying to find somewhere cheap to transfer them out.. Please contact me if you want more informations. Hope I can help you! :)

•••
•••
Will be a bit difficult to find and kill him, since the guy responsible for the hack is sitting in Russia, if his location info is correct.. (Member Hyzied at Hackforums.net).. didn't take much Google research to find the culprit..

Last edited:
•••
Will be a bit difficult to find and kill him, since the guy responsible for the hack is sitting in Russia, if his location info is correct.. (Member Hyzied at Hackforums.net).. didn't take much Google research to find the culprit..

It looks like the guy has control of the entire Godaddy account, and hasn't transferred the domain that he has placed on sale to another registrar. Last update; March 05, 2015.

Here's the biggest problem: the registrant email address, which is apparently also hacked, is a free email address from mail.com. Mail.com is probably one of the worst free email providers- bad and slow support.

•••
Can you share what domains are involve so other domain investors are aware on this issue?

•••
•••
Crazy!

I hope that you (Ali) will be able to sort things out!

Last edited:
•••
•••
hope you retrieved 100%, best of luck

•••
This is Ali again. This pathetic loser has hacked all my sh*t again. Will update soon.
oo hoh are u the real Ali Zandi?ur NP account is also hacked.sh*t man

•••
@Ali Zandi that is very bad. I hope you get everything back and sort it out.

•••
Something good has come out of this awful hacking.
I've enabled two factor authentication on my email account now.

I recently did it at godaddy as well, but this was a wake up call for me.

•••
Make it as a habit to use two-factor authentication if available.

•••
Thank you all for your support.

With the impeccable help of the Flippa Team, GoDaddy Team, Perception Team and the amazing amount of selfless hours that were put in by everyone, including NP's very own @Paul Buonopane, we have gained control of 100% of our domain names and almost all of our other social media accounts.

I can't say how grateful I am for the help we've received during this matter, it could not have been done without everyone who helped.

At this moment we still do not have access to our Twitter account, but we are working to regain that access immediately.

What I can say is that it's nobodies fault but the hackers. The best thing you can do is enable 2-factor across the board, utilize the most advanced passwords you can, and never, ever click on any links without first confirming their legitimacy. Hackers are using more advanced approaches daily, so keep your browsers safe, downloads minimal and do whatever you have to, to ensure you have taken every possible precaution to protecting your information and assets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back