Dynadot

advice It's been a bad weekend - My name is Bob & I am a domainoholic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Hi there - you could have warned me ! This is so addictive. The wife is not a happy bunny I can tell you. She doesnt know the half of it. I used to collect air rifles and the joke on the forum was - if I pop my clogs do not let the wife know how many airguns I got. I can see a similarity with this.

The good news is although I have put 30 or 40 domains in the cart I havnt confirmed to pay yet. That was more luck than judgement yesterday. My computer froze and had to " resolve some issues", I took that as a sign.

I assume everyone has at multiple times - found the special one, the $1.2 mil domain. Lets just say I have one what would you do? What came to my mind was try and find one of the gurus who does these sort of transactions all the time and say, what percentage commission would you want to sell it for me? Is that how it works? Like all these things its not what (yes it does as well) but who you know.

Plus - if you had such a domain, "a special one ", what platform would you have it on?

Any thoughts.
KR Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you say you have 30 or 40 domains in the cart, I assume these are hand regs. What is the 7 figure domain you believe you have acquired? I can tell you not everyone happens to come across a domain of that callable multiple times, very unique for it to happen once

PS Domaining is addictive and fun. Tell her it makes you happy (difficult to argue this point)

•••
If people are truthful...including the 'big boys', they would tell you the same as I; we all have been bitten by the bug and spent way too much in the beginning.

I eliminated my dissent (wife) years ago so now I only have to answer to myself. Truth be told, she never questioned me so that is an issue we never had. :xf.smile:

There is a thread here in which you can ask for a broker type to look at your name. If you start to interact with anyone about 'selling' your name, make sure they can provide you with a track record before agreeing to any terms.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Jhm - yes hand regs as you say. I am a complete newbie so still learning. Just hypothetical.

Of finding a special one - You live in hopes even if you die in despair, as they say.

Yes she's ok with it really, but it would be nice to even make a little.

Of the ones I have got, which are no doubt not good :

- bitsuspect.com - relaxingmoves.com - mywebsiteanswers

KR
Bob

•••
Cheers Mr Funsky - thanks for the advice.

•••
Its very tricky to find multi-million dollar domains in hand reg, that is the first point I would say. The major exception is trends (if the trend is strong enough). A domain such as "NFT Market dot com" 10 years ago compared to today ...it may not be worth millions, but will be worth a pretty penny

Trends aside as mentioned, you're likely buying outside of hand regs with regards to the big ones, with big price tags

Last edited:
•••
Domaining seems like an Armchair Treasure Hunt. It's thrilling, but the real treasures are in the mountains and it will cost a lot to reach there- both time and cash.

•••
If not hand reg then buying ones that have not renewed - dropped ?

•••
95% of people here have admitted to wasting money in the initial years despite all advice. So advising may not really help. But if you are serious about this, read the blog section and watch podcasts at domainsherpa.com before spending anything substantial. For the last 3 months, I am struggling hard to hold myself from handreging any crap.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for that - I will take a look at domainsherpa. Be strong. cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back