NameSilo

.IT Registerfly

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

staskul

Account Closed
Impact
87
Hey! Today I regged domain ***********.it at registerfly.com
Now domain is in panel, but whois shows, that it is avaliable!
What's the problem?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Whois takes a bit to update.
 
0
•••
It's a good idea to check the whois.
There is some paperwork involved with .it
There is a form you should fill out and fax back. Then your request will be processed and the name will be entered into the whois db
 
0
•••
sdsinc said:
It's a good idea to check the whois.
There is some paperwork involved with .it
There is a form you should fill out and fax back. Then your request will be processed and the name will be entered into the whois db

can people outside Italy reg it ? ( .it ) ;)
 
0
•••
I tried yesterday to reg one, I was only able to do it through the
europe registrar which said they will act on my behalf (for IT presence)
However the domain was actually gone, and they still took my money
off the credit card. (they are about 56 cdn ) or registerfly is 9.99 (if you can find an IT presence.)now I have a balance with them and no domain :(
 
0
•••
mis_chiff said:
now I have a balance with them and no domain :(

sorry to hear this :td: , some $np donated
 
0
•••
dnb8 said:
sorry to hear this :td: , some $np donated

lol - thanks dnb8 :) (unable to pm back to thank you)
 
0
•••
So, guys, I will not have the domain?:(:(:(
I will :'(
 
0
•••
Sigh. Dont ever use registerfly to register a .it name.

You need to send a form in italian to the italian registry via fax. Its a complete pain in the ass.

Not only that, I am assuming your registering a deleted but not available name.

people do your research and you will find that it takes over 1 month before the domain is truly deleted.

http://www.nic.it

search for the status of your domain.

There are certain registrars that dropcatch .it names ... so doing more research you will find those certain ones.
 
0
•••
mis_chiff said:
I tried yesterday to reg one, I was only able to do it through the
europe registrar which said they will act on my behalf (for IT presence)
However the domain was actually gone, and they still took my money
off the credit card. (they are about 56 cdn ) or registerfly is 9.99 (if you can find an IT presence.)now I have a balance with them and no domain :(
So it is possible to register an .it domain eventhough we are not in Italy? I really want a domain with .it and it is still available. Anyone could suggest a registrar that I can go with? Also, will there be any legal issue in doing so? Thanks.
 
0
•••
This is the one I went to, was fast enough to setup account and such
but I never checked the domain at another registrar first...
I tried sh.it and it said available, so I went through the whole process,
with c/c and sat and waited...out of curiosity I checked another registrar and it told me that you can't get a 2 letter .it This registrar didn't tell me that when i was trying to reg it - so it annoyed me that they took the payment anyway
and now I have a credit with overpriced domain company... with these guys 56 canadian - with registerfly 9.99
so check a few places first before you go here to reg it, they will act as your .it presence without a big deal (no fax)...so that part was convienent

http://www.europeregistry.com/domains/domains-it.htm

let us know if it works out for you...:)

shouldn't be a legal issue if you stick to the .it tos rules...works same as a .ca, with c.i.r.a. for canadian presence.
 
0
•••
registering at regfly is obviously affordable......but would they be able to deliver the name
we want without any hassles....that were mentioned above

especially acting on our behalf
 
0
•••
Its in the rules... you must be EU resident .
 
0
•••
does any one know if there are any more registrars that could act on our behalf.....which has sucessfully done this before?
plz share ur experiences with italian domain names
 
0
•••
dnb8 said:
can people outside Italy reg it ? ( .it ) ;)

i believe they don't ...
 
0
•••
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back