Dynadot

discuss It only takes one domain...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
...to make you a Millionaire'

I read this elsewhere within another forum post here on nP recently, and I guess it's stuck with me. As domain name investors, we all know how unpredictable this industry can be, and we all come across times where sales slump or become non-existant.

Next time you feel demotivated and ready to give up, remember that it really 'Only takes one domain to make you a Millionaire'.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I understand the quote. Thanks for sharing.

•••
That's it! Going set all BIN to 1 mil :greedy:
Let's hope 1 sells! JK:xf.grin:

Sure it's motivation with high hopes.
Let's be a little more realistic and read some of the sales threads here. Maybe not 1 mil sales on one name but more of realistic prices which is still great motivation imo.

•••
While I get the message of patience and hope, stated with the "million dollars" bothers me as yet another "Flip domains for easy huge profit" kind of promotion that I think does a disservice to serious domain investing. Too many have been dragged into this business thinking you just register a few domains and huge bucks will come your way.

The vast majority of domain investors will need to work very hard to make a small profit. They will need to use critical thinking in choosing quality names, be smart in reducing costs, do the hard work of learning the market and doing analysis, have skill in completing deals, and much more.

If the headline was it only takes one domain to break even (or even see a profit), I would agree. There are long dry spells, and it is important to realize that one significant sale can make up, but the million for one domain is simply unrealistic.

•••
yes and it only takes one lotto ticket to become millionaire too

•••
My client would like to buy your domain for $1 million. My client requires a certified appraisal done first. 😂

:lookaround: This made me laugh...only because it has happened to me a few times before (just not for 7 figures).

Last edited:
•••
The registrars and domain auction platforms want you to believe that all you have to do is keep buying domain names and eventually you will become rich. Hmmm. How many pure domain investors who started in the last ten years qualify?

•••
Let's tone down the delusion. You aren't going to get $1m for a domain unless you demand it. And if you demand that out of your domains you will in 99.99999% certainty have wasted every dollar and hour you've spent in dominating.

•••
...to make you a Millionaire'

I read this elsewhere within another forum post here on nP recently, and I guess it's stuck with me. As domain name investors, we all know how unpredictable this industry can be, and we all come across times where sales slump or become non-existant.

Next time you feel demotivated and ready to give up, remember that it really 'Only takes one domain to make you a Millionaire'.
I got 150 Of them 🤣

•••
It is possible, just look at the registration date.

Domain:
block-chain.com
Registration Date:
2014-02-08

Predict the future

•••
Yep, you only have to buy Sex.com or X.com from the GoDaddy closeouts to become a millionaire. Shouldn't be too hard.

In this industy, anything is a possibility! (y)

•••
•••
•••
My client would like to buy your domain for $1 million. My client requires a certified appraisal done first. 😂

Last edited:
•••
Hm - This is wishful thinking or maybe not!? According to the auction of EBRU.com you actually could be right :xf.grin:

•••
and here goes another one:

Block-Chain.com -1M$ :xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
•••
I would rather sell 1000 domains for 10k and silently do whatever I want, then be known for selling million dollar domains.

•••
Cant make a Mil on one domain if you cant say no to 50k or 100k "take it or leave it" offer.

I tried arguing that in a recent post..... like talking to a brick wall.

Take it
Take it
Take it
Take it

Every single person.... nobody with the balls to negotiate.

•••
•••
It is possible, just look at the registration date.

Domain:
block-chain.com
Registration Date:
2014-02-08

Predict the future
Nothing is impossible

•••
•••
•••
what name are you referring too?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back