Domain Empire

Issues with having two reseller accounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sorry guys, I am going to copy and paste this information from my other thread into here since it is kind of long.

Any help is really appriciate! :(

==================
A while back I created a reseller account with my favorite host. I received my login information and put my site up and started getting clients. Things were going very well. Then I thought to myself, let me add a new reseller account for some adult site's my clients want to host with me.

Next, I went and purchased a new reseller package in hopes to add it as a second server to my WHMCS.

The server got setup and then comes the tricky part, nameservers! I had them setup my new custom nameservers on my new reseller package (ns3.mydomain.com and ns4.mydomain.com)

I created a test account noticed the page would never load and the new nameservers would never be reachable. My host tells me I need to add these new nameservers onto my hosting domain, so I do so. I give them a while to propogate and they do.

Now I notice when visiting my hosting domain it seams to pick and choose between ns1, ns2, ns3, and ns4. This causes major problems because my web hosting site is not hosted on both reseller accounts, only the first.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is this not possible? The whole purpose of my second reseller account (using ns3 and ns4) is just to simply host a different batch of clients.

Ok after doing some reading this is what I have come up with:

Go into my domain registrar (dynadot) and goto the nameservers. Use the setting:
Dynadot DNS
Use our name servers, but specify your own DNS record.
It then asks for IP, I put the IP of my first reseller in there.
next it gives a bunch of areas for subdomain : IP..I put each of my nameservers in there.

Finally, I have contact my main reseller and asked them to set the A record in my WHM to point to the IP of my second reseller.

Am I missing anything here? Do I need to create any subdomains? If so, what reseller package do I do that on and whom do I give that information to?

well I am getting closer. After doing this site's on both servers will load..however when visiting my main hosting domain sometimes it will load the site (obviously using ns1/ns2) and sometimes it will just give me a page cannot be displayed which is weird because I have a small test page up on my 2nd reseller server, so if it were using ns3/ns4 I would think that test page would come up..Although site's on my 2nd server are loading fine and so are the site's on my main reseller. I can only seam to make the "page cannot be displayed" happen when it is my main domain.

any thoughts guys? It's almost like I need to have my 2nd reseller change some A records or something??? I'm a big lost on this one

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back