Dynadot

Issue with Afternic Marketplace- PLEASE HELP

NameSilo
Watch

Evanmourou

Established Member
Impact
Hey there,
i have listed 18 domains for about 2 months on Afternic Platform.
i had 2000+ visits on these domains (daily 150-200 visits) and from yesterday
the number of visits has set to 0. (see screenshot)
how is that possible? I didnt violate any TOS and i didnt receive any information about that.
I tried to contact them through email , but no response. Anyone else having the same problem?

upload_2021-3-27_19-18-49.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you care about traffic then you should either pay for hosting and monitor the domains yourself or place them on a dedicated parking service where they provide more information than the vague metric called 'visits' Afternic does.

There are many possible reasons the traffic stopped going to your domains with you having violated a ToS being the least possible reason.

Most probably those visits were not real in the first place or the source of their traffic -for one reason or another- just stopped working.

It could also be that Afternic has filtered out some sources of traffic or maybe they have changed the way they measure and/or filter traffic.

If you have those domains for sale, don't worry about those visits, they really mean nothing.

If, however, you are interested in monetising the traffic then follow the advice mentioned above and place your domains to any of the top parking services (ie. Bodis, ParkingCrew, etc. check the parking section in this forum for more info)

•••
If you care about traffic then you should either pay for hosting and monitor the domains yourself or place them on a dedicated parking service where they provide more information than the vague metric called 'visits' Afternic does.

There are many possible reasons the traffic stopped going to your domains with you having violated a ToS being the least possible reason.

Most probably those visits were not real in the first place or the source of their traffic -for one reason or another- just stopped working.

It could also be that Afternic has filtered out some sources of traffic or maybe they have changed the way they measure and/or filter traffic.

If you have those domains for sale, don't worry about those visits, they really mean nothing.

If, however, you are interested in monetising the traffic then follow the advice mentioned above and place your domains to any of the top parking services (ie. Bodis, ParkingCrew, etc. check the parking section in this forum for more info)
Thank you for your fast response. I want to mention that I'm not using fake traffic or bots. That's why I don't understand why this happened.
I appreciate your help and I'll give it a try on bodis platform.

•••
Thank you for your fast response. I want to mention that I'm not using fake traffic or bots. That's why I don't understand why this happened.
I appreciate your help and I'll give it a try on bodis platform.

It's not necessarily you that bring that kind of traffic. Internet is full of bots, crawlers, etc. That's why, if you are really interested in your traffic, I suggested you either host your domains yourself or use a dedicated platform.

Bodis is a good choice. Not only they provide full analysis of your traffic, you can also connect google analytics to your account for an even more in-depth look.

•••
it isn't just you, I got same thing and and others are reporting same problem.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back