Dynadot

.us Is .US aftermarket dead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Just wondering, aside from the oddball sale here and there (mostly to end users and those too LLL.us)... .us seems to have almost no aftermarket.

I've been trying to sell some names for a month or so via NP/DNF/Etc but there has not even been a nibble. And the names I have are not bad at all (myAds, Croon, Casted etc).

So I'm just wondering... .us was always to be a second fiddle to .com but whereas even three word .coms are selling fine its tough to even sell single word .us.

Opinions welcome, just don't flame me for my observations.

Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is 1 to watch,

Cant see someone paying 75K and getting it taken off them,

I'm sure they will get time to sort it out.

But if they make an example of this person then theres no real better way, (hope they dont :) )

I think it would cause to many problems myself,

•••
mwzd said:
Audits going to hit dot in too imho, sometime soon.

There's a whole bunch of people out for blood.

I may be mistaken, but thought there was no locality requirement for .IN? Perhaps for .CO.IN and other third level TLDs, but not .IN ?

•••
Lasher said:
I may be mistaken, but thought there was no locality requirement for .IN?

Concerning .in: "Registration is available freely to all parties worldwide, and there are no nexus or other qualifications"

Source: http://www.registry.in/policies/

•••
jagusa said:
Concerning .in: "Registration is available freely to all parties worldwide, and there are no nexus or other qualifications"
Other than being a little nuts.

•••
-OutlawBiker- said:
Other than being a little nuts.

Not so nuts. The number of .IN domains (LLL that is) I own is only around 20% of the LLL.US number but is beating LLL.us sales by a factor of 3 at similar pricing. I'd prefer it be the other way around, but it isn't.

•••
Mmmm, not the way I meant it. .IN is free to register worldwide, however there are hundreds of thousands of tms etc which are currently not enforced.

I've come across 5 in the last week where the company has been using a tm for more than 10 years...

lol @ -OutlawBiker-

•••
Lasher said:
Not so nuts. The number of .IN domains (LLL that is) I own is only around 20% of the LLL.US number but is beating LLL.us sales by a factor of 3 at similar pricing. I'd prefer it be the other way around, but it isn't.
i have yet to meet any domainer i didn't think was a little nuts.

•••
-OutlawBiker- said:

Completely nuts here. I have to live with being on the internet since 1993 but not seeing the value in domains until 10 years later. :'(

•••
-OutlawBiker- said:

Ditto.

You should have read 'filter's post a few days back on how LLLL.com's are like crack... Hilarious.

Also, while the whole world invests in gold / diamonds / properties / stocks - we guys invest in stuff that we can't hold or even keep in our locker. I mean who would buy a one year lease on a plot of land for many millions?

•••
My domain DogLovers.us is on SEDO auction at $400 :)

Offers are rare but they do occur...it's just unpredictable. I've got many offers for "odd" names such as this one, but none for generic keyword domains such as ContextualAdvertising.us, HousesToRent.us, AirlineDiscount.us, TravelAccessories.us - although they are more than earning their keep with PPC advertising, with steady traffic. Well, as long as they are making a profit in PPC, I will happily wait for the extension to start gaining resale value..

•••
Lasher said:
Completely nuts here. I have to live with being on the internet since 1993 but not seeing the value in domains until 10 years later. :'(

You and me both. Been using the Internet here since 1988. Never realized domain name values until 2000 :'(

-Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back