Dynadot

Is this enduser fooling me?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I have an enduser interested in one of my domains , it's "big us city+autorepair.com" , I contacted him quoting a price of $600 and saying that i'm also contacting other parties.He replied counter offering $450 but mentioned , "know that I have the trademark so good luck selling it to someone else."

I searched up the trademark data base and couldn't find any trademark. Is he just joking around so that I may just sell to him?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You approached the "buyer" at $600 and they actually responded with a generous counter offer and you are thinking about it!

You should have the money in the bank or reinvested by now and moving on to the next deal thinking aren't I a lucky domainer.

Totally agree. You can spend time on an extra $50, but you can also spend time in looking to find 2 good low $xxx names for the 450 and try and double those. Then you have a far bigger profit. If you come down only $50 and he went up $150, he would probably not like you counter offer and you would most likely land on $500 at most. It looks like a good sale for you at $450. If you ask $600 in your forst mentioned price, you could expect that you would end up lower.

•••
Hi,

I have an enduser interested in one of my domains , it's "big us city+autorepair.com" , I contacted him quoting a price of $600 and saying that i'm also contacting other parties.He replied counter offering $450 but mentioned , "know that I have the trademark so good luck selling it to someone else."

I searched up the trademark data base and couldn't find any trademark. Is he just joking around so that I may just sell to him?
Watch the recent domain sherpa show, Andrew got a similar message and he tels us his reaction.

I believe it's at 50min ish

•••
Even if you got the domain for $200, $450 is very very good. You should think this also a very long domain autorepair alone is 10 chars so with city added I say $450 is OK.

No need to argue you can ask if that is his best offer or if you can meet at $500...then again extra $50 does not add a lot

•••
Well, if he wants to go in court he is going to pay more than $600. So Since he his the only buyer for the name the seller may stick to $600 or increase the price to win over the idiot buyer.

However, if the seller needs money it is a good thing to sell it at $450 as it is really close to his asking price.

BTW it's $1,500+ for a udrp and way more in lawyer fees.

Not idiot at all. In fact very smart. There is danger here. If the seller accepts the offer than the buyer might ask himself where are the other buyers? why did they refuse to pay ? Maybe I offered more and then he might again offee $300 or $350 at best.

So it could go either way.

•••
If I were the buyer, I will tell you, sure, I can pay $600 but with one condition, I need appraisal! go to this link and bla.bla..bla..! lol!

I know its an old tricks!

•••
He might be trying to lower down your offer , my suggestion is to be sell it for 450$ as it is good offer

•••
how you contact end user ? maybe u can help me cause i have many name
google the keywords and contact the parties whose business revolve around the domain.

•••
Handy to offer a sales link where the buyer can just go and pay for the name without any barter, sometimes they go cold on the idea, good luck

•••
Any update? How did it go?
I responded today saying I accept the offer and some other stuff.

He said sounds good and need to discuss with his bussiness partner.

•••
I was thinking the same. He was the one to offer me in the first place and also lying about the TM.
if he moves the goal post by reducing the price... DO NOT reply. ignore it completely. He wants to know if he is the ONLY one that is buying IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I actually did a search on your behalf, as I am constantly looking at trademarks on names I acquire. The only active big city auto repair trademark is Irvine Auto Repair and it is developed. There was one for San Jose, but that trademark was dead. I may have overlooked it, but there was only 130 or so listings for auto repair so it just took a minute to search.

•••
Good luck with the sale. I personally would of taken more of a compliment his business and success approach while getting a few laughs rather then dwelling over a tm issue. Point out the relevance to his company with the domain rather then any negatives.

•••
You will get back a "My business partner doesn't want to do the deal" OR "My business partner only wants to pay $200"

Good Luck

•••
Been 3 days , he hasn't responded since I emailed him again (accepting his offer of $450) ,he replied saying he will discuss with his business partner.
do not message him bro. Just move on. if you message him, he will beat the price down. Get on with searching for the next name to sell.

•••
I have one who wanted to offer $200 but when I accepted, he stopped responding. So I tried calling but he didn't pick. I had to call his office number and I was told that he was on vacation. I however got an sms from him minutes after getting of the phone with his secretary in which he stated that he was on vacation and would pick the domain name when he is back if it was still available. He seem to be on a very long vacation because he still hasn't contacted me since over a month now lol.

•••
Don't think it would be possible to get a trademark on something so generic. Just trying to get the price down is my guess. Whilst it's tempting to call him out on this lie, it might make him prickly and hard to deal with thereafter.

Come down in price slightly but mention you searched for and couldn't find the trademark filing he's referring to.

That would be my advice anyway.
Yes I mentioned regarding the trade mark , also asked if he can attach any document which proves the trade mark.

•••
$450 is 75% of your asking price, which is a pretty good counter-offer.

You could try to squeeze for more but that might upset this person who clearly wants your domain.
I'm going to decrease the price.Namebio shows 2 similar geo+auto repair sales , 1 at $3000 while other at around $1,300

•••
Watch the recent domain sherpa show, Andrew got a similar message and he tels us his reaction.

I believe it's at 50min ish
So what's your point? He should counter and reject the offer?

•••
Some buyers may initiate price games, some buyers may confuse various aspects/ terms of law and the domain business and some others are responsive in unusual ways to offers to sell 'em a name.

Basically IMO, you received a fair counter-offer and if that price range is still on the table suggest accept the offer and move on forward to your next sales project.

•••
It happened to me like 5 time this year.

Buyer said he wants it, we agree on a price. remain silent...

A non completed transaction is not a sale. Don't celebrate too soon! hehe
This ha
too bad you sold the name, without consulting someone more knowledgeable in domain valuations and negotiations, first.

i'm sure you wanted to do your own thing, but by soliciting, i think you sold yourself short.

how:
by assuming, what the potential buyer wanted you to assume.
taking on the assumption of possible tm, issues, you became passive and flexible.
yeah, they tried to run game to get lower price.

still, if you found another buyer, made a profit that you're happy with, then that's all that counts.

Congrats!

imo...
i haven't sold it yet.

•••
I emailed counter offering 550 , I haven't received a response so far ...been 1 days.I'd wait for 2 more days and then call him.

This happened to me once , I offered a wedding related domain and got about 5 interested parties. 1 of them wanted to buy the domain at $800 ( my offer) and asked to wait for a few days. She also asked me the names of other interested parties and she knew a few and insisted they have more money than her.

Other parties were no longer interested. So I contacted her again asking for her max offer . She said $300 . I waited for a few days and contacted her saying she can have it. She replied saying that she's no longer interested since no one else bought from me . Lol

I did end up selling this domain to another party which I contacted later.

how you contact end user ? maybe u can help me cause i have many name

•••
He hasn't responded back to me yet.I think r got offended with the TM issue.

I'll call today.

•••
Any update? How did it go?

•••
also asked if he can attach any document which proves the trade mark.
This is stupid, man. How would you care? "I know you are lair, and i've just proved that, now you pay me $3000 instead of $450". If he doesn't have the documents, he will most probably tell you to screw yourself and will never send you any cash.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back