Dynadot

question Is this a spam inquiry? Anyone else received similar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CDM

Established Member
Impact
I got a couple direct email inquiries about the same domain over the span of a few months. Both had exactly the same text, but came from different email addresses and different names, the first was David, the second was Michael.

Feels like spam, not sure if worth replying. Anyone else received these? I replied to the first one but never heard back.

Hi,

I would like to buy this (domain.net)
How much would you like for the site?

Thanks
Regards
David

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I’ve recieved something similar to this.
This is the standard opener;
Nothing to lose by not replying;
They wont keep running you forever.

Most interesting, my reply took 1 month, Had Corona (better ) and set prices — age question — Told him —it’s tough!

Initially, excited, but his 1st offer: $100.
Undeterred, most importantly, keep cool; dont be offended by ANY. Worst case; educate in good-faith.

I replied: “was going to ask $1K but since i like him (genuine nice guy) counter $800 — finance-to-OWN included if wants! (Thanks epik!) ($100 a mo.) own after 8 mo while still usin; made sure to mention this. I also told him have yet to close lease-to-OWN, and have always wanted to do! which’d be open to if we do agree on any

Couple of days, no answer; honest wouldnt blame if changed mind MIA; or walks away. Kept him waiting 1 mo! on his initial inquiry which REALLY sounded like this OP thread. Nothing “fake” about it!
personally, I would not be cynical if got that

Not everything has to be from a “scammer.” although i’d have greater reservations i was for a non-com, esp if doesnt own its com

I also didnt care to ask — likely never;plans, if any, he has. I’m just happy: hope gets developed! Pleasant all

TLDR: $500 offer to my $800 counter to his $100 initial offer after I replied to an inquiry sounded like this.
You never know until you reply, but have reasonable & try push them make an offer; Otherwise, cant really want it that badly?

This sale just closed. I accepted his $500;
paid $500 up-front; money just reached;

Last edited:
•••
The first message inquiry i received literally:
Notice, he didnt even sign off any name.
So can argue; my inquiry looks “less real”!
49383487-B400-4C25-882C-E4FC12472125.jpeg

Hey, my bad if i took over this thread;
feel free to move mods, i hope i was able to be helpful. Reply back to inquiries; until they ask u to PAY

They probably know most of us are familiar with the “appraisal scam” (Feigning interest; then after stroking your hope; they say only YOU paying outside opinion all that is left to close the deal. (Lol) You can reply:
“OK; feel free to deduct it from your offer; which may be obscenely high to justify you paying for something useless “appraisal” before they take the money & run. Wonder how much they take for “appraisal”

They might even ask for “escrow.com fees” or its equal up-front; if more sophisticated.

hope, word is out about scammers feigning interest; then ask you to pay for […] usually accompanied by Asking pay or go pay OUT of trusted Epik, Dan etc.

Obv they asks use shady site; pay in crypto.
(These sites are starting to look more sleek)
But thankful, even best design scam sites share a common design theme flaw:

(I’ll try to find my thread listing the current
crypto scam sites fucntioning as “exchange & post here;

Last edited:
•••
This is how I asses threat “scam” risks!

You have nothing to go replying to inquries.

Inquiries are the funnest part;
you may be underestimate potential value. Not a fan of assessing that message unless domain is ultimate 💩!

I see a “.net” in there: I’m assuming that was the only part free of placeholders. Could .com wants most non-com to conquer 🌎. .Net wouldnt be a bad #2!! But this is pure speculation.
Could also be a chap who cant afford .com; .net is my #2 i’d use; if .com used elsewhere

Last edited:
•••
Congrats to you @Samer for landing a sale of U.S.$500
This sale just closed. I accepted his $500;
paid $500 up-front; money just reached;

•••
•••
•••
Congrats to you @Samer for landing a sale of U.S.$500
Praying no one think of i’m bragging!
Always try get the 1st number offer.
Mine was to similarly-worded email inquiry.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back