Domain Empire

opinion Is this a scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys, I have received the following offer regarding one of my domain name.
Here is the full conversation between me and the buyer:

Buyer: hey, I would like to know what kind of offer you are looking for this domain name.
The reason for my request: is that I have a growing start-up in San Francisco , and we are scouting for a good name for the company.
we are willing to give you shares,dividend, and even liqued assets. thank you

Me: I have already received $28k offer for it
Looking for more.

Buyer: if I were you, I will accept it. in this market where every week they release new tld, it's not hard to get a good brand name,(such vine.co) . But I'm willing to give u 5% without board seat. next week we will do another seed round, and this 5% will be worth around 20-30k. BTW, it's very uncommon to give shares for a domain name, especially in this market. let me know if you are willing to negotiate, otherwise I hope you will be able to find your previous buyer(if he exist....).
in addition, it's shares that will continue to grow(we project 5 times by next 6 months), it may make you a small fortune. but it's up to you to take the right risk and rewards. and its up to me to make sure I get the best value for my shares and my investors shares. I'm in the business of making money and not waiting for it..

Me: I didn't understand you, do you want me to share you my domain?

Buyer: i mean shares == stocks of the company, man, just take ur previous offer, you missed it. you obviously do not see a good deal when it's presented. when I say 5% shares, it means 5% of the company, which mean that it's valued as 100k, your shares will be worth 5k. in addition those shares also get dividend(profit), if the company makes 100k every year, u will take 5k every year as well. If you dont understand this, than i'm just wasting my time and effort. ......

Me: Sorry, not interest.

Buyer: Ok, just remember that from my shares u can make millions or even billions. If u can not see the potential of this deal, than keep continue to wait for something to happen. U have opportunity right now make a big money. Goodbye

Me: Can you tell me how I can make millions by sharing you?

Buyer: Ok, u did not understand the concept of sharers. Let's say u go to the stock market and buy stocks of some company, let's say it's Facebook, and u bought stocks that worth $20k. So if tommrow the stock price go up two time, it means ur stocks are now worth two times more, which $40k. Now if u invested ur $20k when Facebook was just a startup, than today ur stocks will be worth more than a billion . So this is what I mean. It's called investment.
So in today values, if u invested 5% in face when it was a startup, ur 5% will be worth more than 2 billion dollars. Not bad if u ask me
So as i said before, I live in The beautiful San Francisco, I have a very talented team of 10 people, 5 engineers, 2 testers and the rest are marketing,PR, and customer service. We are building a platform as a marketplace between suppliers to enterprises. This market alone is value over 150 billion dollar, we will also expand to different markets as well. As we get more customers we will be able to change the business model and expand the platform to more countries such as UK, Japan, China, India , Austalia and many more
To create a platform, so in this case we will use the domain name uwon.com to connect to our platform(u can call it a website if u want, but it's a platform) we will also create a mobile application to connect to our platform. So to simplify , we will use ur domain as a website to connect to our platform
the purpose of the platform to connect suppliers( in the meantime it's still secret) to enterprises from any size. So the reason it's secret is because it's a very big market that it's relatively untouched . So we have a big advantage

Me: do you want me to push you my domain to use it, if yes it is not possible at all, there is No any guaranties for me.

Buyer:
So u do understand ur point, but u also need to understand my point and my side. I'm willing to take a big risk and give u stocks 5% of the company without a guarantee that ur domain name will be acceptable with my investors, they can say in the future that they want to change the brand, so u will still keep ur 5% stocks, but I will lose it, so this is my risk. And I honestly do not see how u take risk in this , bcuz u get stocks of the company , which ur are also a part owner of the domain name and other assets that we have including real estate in the future. So this is why many of team did not want me to offer such a good deal. So if u don't feel comfortable with ur domain. Just take couple of hours to think about, look on other companies and how much they are valued and see that it's a unveliveable good deal for u. In everything in life involves some risks, so just think about the pros and the cons. And when u feel more comfortable , contact me back.

Me:
I own more thank 950 domain name, and this domain is the best, so I am not going to risk in it.
As I told you before if you find a way that I keep my domain in my account, tell me.

Buyer: Ok, man. I'm done. ... in every deal two of the sides need to be willing to risk and get reward. why do you thing I need to give stocks of the company, do you think I dont take any risk... maybe I will just keep your stocks until it's convenient to me... But i do not do this. so I expect you to be in the same standard. believe me when I say it, I can easily find any other brand name or with different extension, and everyone in who knows how capitalism works, will take my offer without asking or doubting my trust. Second If lets say in the future my team decide to change the brand name, than we are more than welcome to give you the domain back for the stocks we gave you(full). but I will put it on the contract that I can buy back my stocks that I gave you for the domain name(and this is more risky for u). you know what, if you want your the domain back, in case my team do not want to use it , than we will return the domain to your account for half of the stocks we gave you. so this way we reduced your risk and your pay. now it's up to you to do whatever you thing is the best for you , for your family and your comapny. but do not complain if in three months when my company worth alot more of money, that you want to sign this deal. Because I will probably reject it, and you will lose the deal of your life......

Me: What is your risk in this deal.
What if you take my domain and hide, where is my guaranty? where I will find you.
Do you think just because of promises from a guy who I don't know him, I will give him a domain worth thousands for free, I think Nobody in the world will do it.
"One bird in your hand is better than ten on the roof"

Buyer: my risk is way bigger than yours, when someone give shares of his company, he gives basically give part of the company, to someone who has influence to change and destroy the company in many ways. you can resell your stock to my investors in other rounds of funding, and the moment I lose the majority of stocks in the comapny I basically lose my comapny, I lose my rights, I lose my seats, and I lose my money. so believe me when I say I have such a big risk in this deal, that I truly want to just pull off, and buy regular domain from godady for $20. and it's not promises , I give you a contract, with my singature, it's the same process I do with my investors. if you dont like it, than you obiuasly do not understand how life works and how capitalism work. I can give you of quotes of my friends that I met in one conference in Silicon valley, who contacted me and offered me anything to just give them stocks of the company. so please do not give me this crap that I do not have any risk. it's such a stupid argument. I just can not believe someone say it. i can truly give you a quote of my friend who wanted shares of my company and offered me much better assets.
I would like to apologies for my language, I had a long day,still long day. We just had a very successful seed round. After talking with my team we decided, to lower our leverage for u, and what we did not understand is what risk u are talking about, we are offering a valid contract, and according to our latest findings ur 5% stocks will be worth around 50k . And we will also make sure that u get constant update and help to resell ur stocks in the future if u want to. But the reason we need the domain in our account is to be able to use our own servers and engineer to program on and public our platform based on the direction of the domain name. Long story short u will get constant updates and guranteee stocks,. I need ur decision by today 9pm est . Otherwise I will consider other domains that we have in the line, Some of them are only 2-3 letter short , so I still need to update my team regarding those. If I were u, I will not lose the deal that can make me rich. I already called my lawyer to create the contract for u, so it all legit and hopefully u are the owner of the domain, bcuz some of my team member have some suspicion why the owner did not like the deal.

What do you think guys?
Kindly advice.
And sorry for the long post.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Doesn't sounds Professional..and he is pressing hard to give him the domain..almost pestering you..A real guy won't do that..sounds shady..

..he knows everything about your domain..but not the vice versa with his business..

And as @TERADOMAIN said He is trying to sell an idea of Big time share for your domain..

My suggestion..tread carefully..and yeah you might need Lawyers or Legal Agreement if you tread through that route..

Good Luck.. :)

Regards'
..sAm

•••
Here's the laugh. Without the BS, the translation:

Buyer: hey, How much for the domain?

Me: I have already received $28k offer for it

Buyer: Take the offer you got. But I'm willing to give around 20-30k of company shares.

Me: I don't understand your offer.

Buyer: I offer you 5k, maybe 5k per year thereafter. Or something like that.

Me: Sorry, not interested.

Buyer: I offer you millions or even billions.

Me: Can you tell me how I can make millions by sharing you?

Buyer: Push the domain to me.

Me: Hell no.

Buyer: Hey, I'm taking the bigger risk here.

Me: Risk bigger for me.

Buyer: I don't want your domain. But if you give it to us we will give it back at some later undetermined time.

Me: What if you screw me?

Buyer: Hey, I'm taking the bigger risk here. Trust me. I offer you 50k now even though your domain sucks. You're stupid for not taking my deal.
ROFL..that's really hilarious..you got his soul out! ;)

•••
My respond:
"What I know you are a great funny scammer, I knew it from the beginning .
Any one asking to have a domain name for free should be a stupid scammer.
I am in domain business from 12 years and I have faced a lot of people like you.
Do you think I have believe all your story regarding your fake project.
Have a nice dreams and find another fool person like you to scam him.
Can you send me all information regarding what so called the company who will startup the project with you?
You will not, because it is just in your dream."

He replied the following:
"stop man, im done with you . I hate scammers . And in what f*cking reason you think i'm obligated to share bussiness secrets with you. my team will kill me for that. you sh*tty scammer, you are trying to get my business secretes. i dont need your domain anymore . stop send me anymore messages. I will not answer you anymore. you sh*tty scammer."

Who is the scammer and who is the Owner of a domain property.
He is trying to scam someone's domain and failed, now refering Owner as a scammer.

Wonder shall never end.
@jamaltq, so you nearly fall victim of unknown business man.

That is why most of the scammers usually ask if you belong to a forum before opening up.
Congrats.

•••
It's only a scam if he/she/they actually manage to close this transaction with you - which hopefully, for your sake, will not happen.

For now, it's just a fun read and popcorn moment. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back