IT.COM

question Is there way to recover a Google Faillisted domain name

NameSilo
Watch

deshanunit

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I have a domain which I hand registered 2 months ago and I parked it in few parking companies (Sedo, Bodis and Parkingcrew).
They tell that the domain is blocked for tier 1 ads.

When I checked my domain in fail(.)namewest(.)com and it showed that the domain is faillisted.

What can I do to recover it?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I have a domain which I hand registered 2 months ago and I parked it in few parking companies (Sedo, Bodis and Parkingcrew).
They tell that the domain is blocked for tier 1 ads.

When I checked my domain in fail(.)namewest(.)com and it showed that the domain is faillisted.

What can I do to recover it?

Thanks

Hi, I'm curious what you mean exactly. I Googled it and still not sure. Are you saying Google has your domains blacklisted someway because of previous parked pages? Or is tier 1 ads like tier 1 backlinks or something?

Thanks.

•••
Hi, I'm curious what you mean exactly. I Googled it and still not sure. Are you saying Google has your domains blacklisted someway because of previous parked pages? Or is tier 1 ads like tier 1 backlinks or something?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

As per my knowledge :
It is like Google blacklist a domain based on its past/current behaviors (eg: Overly-optimized pages, Duplicate content on multiple pages on your site, Hidden text and/or links on your site, Virus or spyware issues detected by search engine bots)
So it won't appear on google search results. So the ad providers will not want to provide ads for those domains.

•••
Thanks for the reply.

As per my knowledge :
It is like Google blacklist a domain based on its past/current behaviors (eg: Overly-optimized pages, Duplicate content on multiple pages on your site, Hidden text and/or links on your site, Virus or spyware issues detected by search engine bots)
So it won't appear on google search results. So the ad providers will not want to provide ads for those domains.

So what is that about "tier one" please? Did you have tier one backlink pages to the domain that were being backlinked too aggressively?

•••
So what is that about "tier one" please? Did you have tier one backlink pages to the domain that were being backlinked too aggressively?

I think Tier I is the main ad providers. They are not providing ads for the domain.
So when I go to the domain's parked page it displays
"No Sponsors
xxxxxx.com currently does not have any sponsors for you."

•••
From what I understand, it is next to impossible to get a domain unfailisted from Google (for parking ads).

•••
Ah, I see now thank you. As for your blacklisting from Google, do you know exactly how that happened? Was it too many bad bad links? You could use the disavow tool in Google Webmaster Tools to get those off you, you still won't do good in search but could at least lift the ban. Actually, whatever is causeing Google to blacklist you should be available in GWT. Do you use it?

•••
Ah, I see now thank you. As for your blacklisting from Google, do you know exactly how that happened? Was it too many bad bad links? You could use the disavow tool in Google Webmaster Tools to get those off you, you still won't do good in search but could at least lift the ban. Actually, whatever is causeing Google to blacklist you should be available in GWT. Do you use it?
I haven't used that tool. I should try it.
Even-though it was hand registered by me there has been a website on that domain in past. Maybe they have broke the rules.
What I just did was registering the domain on Godaddy and parking it on Sedo then Voodoo and then Bodis.

•••
I haven't used that tool. I should try it.
Even-though it was hand registered by me there has been a website on that domain in past. Maybe they have broke the rules.
What I just did was registering the domain on Godaddy and parking it on Sedo then Voodoo and then Bodis.

Oh man, sorry to hear about that. If you hook up GWT you can find out a lot about your domain's history. I can say with 98% certainty it's a backlinking thing.

Last edited:
•••
From what I understand, it is next to impossible to get a domain unfailisted from Google (for parking ads).

^^

It's a shame, I also have a nice domain that seems to generate nice clicks but it is also faillisted.

•••
Oh man, sorry to hear about that. If you hook up GMT you can find out a lot about your domain's history. I can say with 98% certainty it's a backlinking thing.
Whats GMT? :|

•••
^^

It's a shame, I also have a nice domain that seems to generate nice clicks but it is also faillisted.

Yep I know the feeling. :( Perhaps someone with really good Google connections can do it, but even the Parking companies said its extremely difficult if not impossible to get it them removed from Google fail list.

On the other hand, I did have luck getting a domain removed from Adult status.

•••
•••
I just read this thread, and wanted to thank you guys for posting that website to check the "fail namewest".

Until yesterday I had no idea domain names were blacklisted with this "fail", list. Never heard of such a thing until now, and checked and two of my many dropped domains I bought are showing red. I had found this thread trying to find out any posting about disavowing backlinks. I got slammed last year when I got up to page 1 organically by a whole bunch of bad links- most likely from a jealous competitor. It's awful to have to waste my time to clean this sort of mess up, (worse than graffiti as you can paint over it) and you as a website owner have no control over these sorts of bad links other than to use the disavow tool which I did today, I hope it works.

•••
Back