IT.COM

question Is there any need for another Expireddomains(net)?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I had this idea to clone expireddomains(net) ( more or less).

Question is. Should I? Especially when expireddomains (net) pretty much "did it all".

I mean there is freshwap c( and a bunch of other sites.

I have my reasons for wanting to create such a site but would rather not say.

If I created an expireddomains (net)clone, why would you or anyone else sign up?

I doubt I can replicate it entirely. So why bother?

Unless I can make a "better" expireddomains (net) website why bother?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, unless you're going to provide some sort of additional feature not available, I'd say why bother. The domain crowd aren't going to swap over from a well known reliable service to another unless it offers them something better.

•••
"Question is. Should I?"
I vote yes, if you believe you can provide a service even remotely as good as ED then go for it.

•••
If you wanted to go for it I think the one feature that would set it apart is an API to access it.

•••
Unless you are adding something new, or improving something, it is probably not worth the effort.
It is probably more of an undertaking than you realize to get a site like that going.

Brad

•••
i think that would be awesome, maybe be a registrar also might be a good addition. Good Luck!

•••
If you want to clone it first consider how much work will have to be put in, aswell as money before getting halfway and then realising it isn't worth completing, leaving it in limbo.

•••
How about you use the time and effort in creating something that will benefit the domain industry?
High chance if you want to clone ED is that half way through, u will realise it's not worth it and quit!

•••
i think that would be awesome, maybe be a registrar also might be a good addition. Good Luck!
That's probably the reason. Godaddy, Dynadot etc are already connected if I am not mistaken.

•••
I have expiredormainnames dot com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back