Dynadot

information Is there a way to find out and owner of the site?

NameSilo
Watch

2slow

Established Member
Impact
If privacy is set to on at the registrar?
I'd like to contact the owner to see if he's willing to sell, but whois is shielded.
Is there a way around it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try sending a request through registrar.

•••
In whois, under registrant, you can send your mail to the email mentioned there. It is a proxy mail that delivers email to the registrants original mailbox.

For example:
You may see something like this;
[email protected]

Dropping mail to above will forward your mail to the domain owners mailbox.

•••
Thank you, that actually helps.

•••
•••
I will look for contact information on the site. Try sending an email to [email protected] or [email protected]. Most people have a catchall email set up.
I don't think it would get me anything as the site is a generic template of the registrar, informing you that a site is ready to be built.
Edit: and the wayback machine tells me there hasn't been a change for 3 years now.

Last edited:
•••
In whois, under registrant, you can send your mail to the email mentioned there. It is a proxy mail that delivers email to the registrants original mailbox.

For example:
You may see something like this;
[email protected]

Dropping mail to above will forward your mail to the domain owners mailbox.
This is true for some services, but others discard all incoming mail. Some privacy services have a contact form at their website that can be used to contact domain owners. One example is PrivacyGuardian - https://www.privacyguardian.org/ - used by NameSilo.

Bottomline is that many users using a privacy service and offering no contact info at their website are simply not interested in any communication.

Last edited:
•••
the domain registrar in question is 101domain.com

•••
101domain uses Digital Privacy Cooporation. It looks like their service forwards e-mails to the registrant. They also have a contact form at their website - https://www.digitalprivacy.co/contact.htm

Notice that not all users use the privacy service offered by their registrar, so the domain in question is not necessarily protected by Digital Privacy. You can use WHOIS to figure out which service is used by the specific domain.

•••
Whois tells me that the owner uses digital privacy co. Ty for additional info, I will also try to contact them through them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back