IT.COM

question Is there a domain buying "season"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I tend to get most of my sales and inquiries in spring and fall. Would you say there are domain buying seasons, or periods during the year that end users are more likely to pull the trigger or respond more positively to outbound?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

if you want to speculate about "end-users" or corporate in particular,
then the buying time would probably be after budgets are stated for the fiscal year.

but beginning of year, middle or end of year, doesn't matter..... long as some $ flows :)

imo...

•••
6 weeks after xmas vacation each year I await the drops. Good ideas happen on vacation and then the next year buyers takes another vacation and lets idea drop.

•••
6 weeks after xmas vacation each year I await the drops. Good ideas happen on vacation and then the next year buyers takes another vacation and lets idea drop.
Most of those drops are due to the pre-Christmas discounting promotions that registrars run between November and December. Approximately 56% of all new .COM registrations renew on their first renewal.

There is a seasonal trend in some TLDs with a visible Summer slump in new registrations but domaining is only a small part of new registrations.

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back