Dynadot

discuss Is .net of extra value to .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sirbigman

Established Member
Impact
Hey, everyone.

Does having the .com and .net of a domain name both in your portfolio give extra value to it? Talking about a premium domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys....as a newbie, I think this is a great thread here with great differing views.
So, as a newbie, can I ask peoples views on this?

Okay, say for example somebody owned creditcard.com and creditcard.net was available, what would be someones reasons for bagging the .net?
Would it be in the hope that a major credit card company would buy it to forward visits to the .com?
Will it get as much traffic?
Or....does the taken .com render the .net worth no more than its registration fee?

I have been playing around with some topical trending words and have maybe a couple of brandables where the .com, .net and .org is available.
Now, I don't want to register all 3 tld's if if don't have to obviously.

Maybe some of you are also thinking that if the .com, .net and.org is available, it doesn't sound promising but isn't that how brandables happen sometimes?

I'm grateful for any input guys,

Gar. (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back