Dynadot

discuss Is it impossible to handreg a million dollar name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mAd MaX

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
All domains are handreged but is it impossible to handreg a million dollar name post 2010?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
100% impossible Here is why: Even if an owner of a premium .com be dead, the name will expire. But before it happens, the vast majority of people will try to catch it. What's the result? Public auction, and then you will have to pay much more than reg fee. Maybe it could be worth, but can you call it hand registration?

•••
A little positivity boost, CBDOil.com recently sold for $500k registered in 2012. According to the buyer he would have paid more.

Money from selling drug. Dirty. You trust?

•••
•••
looks like he overpaid a little ;)
he should have asked godaddy
they know exactly

Show attachment 115054

Show attachment 115055
Screenshot_2019-04-08-19-22-09-98.png
Screenshot_2019-04-08-19-21-28-55.png

•••
•••
DDOS all catchers and others won't try to handreg either.

Pay someone at the registry so they drop the name at the least expected time.

•••
As the old saying goes, nothing's impossible. Odds are under .001% that any domainer today will ever do it, i'd say. Why not just make a poll?

Last edited:
•••
A million isn't even that much money for a premium domain today. I like the idea of a billion dollar domain. There must be such a thing.

•••
aS others says, a million dollars is not that much these days
Billion dollars should be your aim
Just build a robot miner to see good domain, an you may be shocked by what is not taken
Good luck

•••
Probable, yes. Unlikely, yes. Impossible, not at all.

•••
I don’t think it’s fair to bring Rick Schwartz into this as an example. For one, his domains are in some cases worth what he asks— maybe in every case and of a different caliber.
I brought Rick into this discussion because I know for sure he possesses the uncanny ability to hold for million dollars deals.

Last year, I offered him $100,000 for a domain I wanted to use for my gaming business. He told me not to waste my time and his, that he can't come down from $1.3million. We had some few chats on twitter, then I passed. Any other domain investor would gladly take $100k for the said domain, but not Rick. That's why I mentioned him as a good example of how to hold.

There are countless of domains he priced above 1million that everyone else will take even $10k for, even some with deep pockets. It's about willingness to wait, and knowing the right domain to hold.

Last edited:
•••
•••
shut up.
CBD is perfectly legal in most parts of the developed world.

Not it isn’t illegal in almost every country. People making excuse to profit on addiction, dirt.

•••
Show attachment 115165

- There are millions of combination words in .com still available.
- There are new trends developing every day.
- There are new companies and start ups opening every day.
- There are millions of product launches every single day.
- There are new words coming to the forefront at a faster rate than ever.

Be on top of some of these and it is very possible to hand register a million dollar domain.

Only problem here is people that are lacking imagination or the business savvy to know when to hold or when to fold.

Wish thinking, answer is has not been done. Why lead people away?

•••
Wish thinking, answer is has not been done. Why lead people away?

mate i know someone who didnt take 5 million dollar for a domain in the diamond industry, and want more and it never reported anywhere, do you know how much on a daily basis huge deals runs out there, what reported its only 00.1% from all sales,, the question is why the nature of this business is private more then public,,,also alot of domains that publish on marketplace in the end closed outside of the market so it not go public and not to pay fees 10% for a deal

•••
So you are saying only 1/1000 sales are reported? Nonsense.

I would venture to guess that the vast majority are not reported, but that ratio is absurd.

Brad

yep mate , i think there are no answer for why this business its so private then public, if it was fully public the prices was much more higher for domains.

but why they are few sells on flippa because most of what goes on flippa is scam from domains to apps and online business, but alot of domains publish there and after sometime disappear for no reason but what happens is the seller find the buyer and the deal closed outside of the market,

•••
So you are saying only 1/1000 sales are reported? Nonsense.

I would venture to guess that the vast majority are not reported, but that ratio is absurd.

Brad

It may not be that small. What we do not know is actually we do not know. So whatever percentage private sales we assume may not be true. Especially high ticket sales, it is fair to assume 50% - 60% sales would be private (undisclosed).

•••
It may not be that small. What we do not know is actually we do not know. So whatever percentage private sales we assume may not be true. Especially high ticket sales, it is fair to assume 50% - 60% sales would be private (undisclosed).

** trust me right now at this moment there are nice deals happen ...

•••
So how do you know it has not been done, you have checked all million dollar sales and verified they were not recent hand registrations?

Yes. Stop filling people with nonsenses.

•••
Somebody bitter because they missed out on the gold rush? I think so...

Which gold rush? 1 sale? You like these drug name?? Illegal in most places.

•••
•••
Which gold rush? 1 sale? You like these drug name?? Illegal in most places.
Not ALL places, so sorry you cant enjoy this, its obviously making you bitter.

•••
i will find post by some one very secretive on reddit which have only one post, and was talking about bot/script that compare and search domains, 90% of his domains never ever was register by someone, when somebody asked him how much do you do per year, he told huge numbers,

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back