Dynadot

discuss Is it an endorsement?

NameSilo
Watch

Do you see a publisher taking an ad as an endorsement?

• 1st

No

votes
    100.0%
  • 2nd

Yes

votes
    0.0%

• 3 votes
  • Ended 5 years ago
  • Final results

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Even though most publishers state, that just because they are running an ad campaign that does not = an endorsement of any advertiser on the website. do you still see it as an endorsement?

My belief is even though it's clearly stated on most publications, readers still see it as an endorsement and ignore the disclaimer from the publisher.

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would not view it as an endorsement. Logically if we did view it as an endorsement, then no publisher could accept any ad that came from a company or product that they had not fully reviewed., which I think would be impractical. That said, I think that a publisher should not accept an ad for a product that they know or firmly believe is in some way fraudulent. I realize, like in many things, the dividing line is not clearly black and white.
Bob

•••
•••
If a publisher allows an ad that people find vile or repulsive or likewise negative, they will have to decide if they will keep allowing it to run or face the backlash from people who visit the sites.

Many "publishers" feign ignorance when told that one of their advertisers is a bad actor. What happens to that publisher after that is on them, if they continue to allow those ads to run.

I have no respect for publishers of any medium that allow their medium to be used by bad actors to promote whatever they are doing.

Last edited:
•••
Back