IT.COM

question Is it a good idea?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

M Usman

Established Member
Impact
Is it a good idea to attach with a pro domainer of the industry and find them new domains for some bucks.
Because many of us don't have investment in the start.

PS: i am finding a pro domainer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not need to find certain pro to start...there is a section call available names...u can list your finding there....if u can keep post one year and 70% of ur suggestion been regged... u prove yourself...u can have some commission if you put your reference link there....try to find your own way..good luck.
I have to post for year ? 😯

•••
I have to post for year ? 😯
it is not the point or rule...the point is give your another option, u can start your business in that way with "0" cash invest as you expected...if u do have talents here, lots of people will follow your post, and buy the suggested name, and u can get some income as well....if u check that section u can find some respected pro member post this tpye of list for many years....

Last edited:
•••
it is not the point or rule...the point is give your another option, u can start your business in that way with "0" cash invest as you expected...if u do have talents here, lots of people will follow your post, and buy the suggested name, and u can get some income as well....if u check that section u can find some respected pro member post this tpye of list for many years....
Got it, thanks for the suggestion .

•••
I consider that a pro domainer might agree on this, but only if you could predict and foresee the future of those domains you are going to offer for registration, in this way their and your success will be guaranteed.
To predict the future of a domain name you need to do allot of research and learn from this great forums, but also on whole internet, the more you learn the more you can predict and grow.

•••
I think you need to start to understand the history of the industry and the success stories. Relying on anyone can't help you succeed quickly.

•••
Good morning.

I have 2 pieces of advice to give you.

1 - When someone writes a book they are told to write about what they know. For example if you live at the top of a snow topped mountain it would make sense to talk about how cold it is living up a mountain. There would be many day to day challenges. However, it would be much more difficult to write about what it is like living in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

If English is not your first language then for now you should concentrate on words and phrases in your first language. What can you sell with the skills that you already have? If you are a chef or a baker then you will know that names relating to food in your language will be popular and more easy to sell.

2 - I started domaining with $200 which may be a lot of money to many people. This was 2 years ago. I now have 950 domain names. I receive about 1,000 views per month on Efty.com but I have only sold two names. I have received offers which I have accepted but I did not complete the sale for one reason or another.

If you are prepared to work hard and study and learn then you can achieve anything.

If I can do it you can too. You have to believe in yourself.

Start slow and make mistakes which is what we all do. Learn from your mistakes and don't make them again.

Enjoy your journey.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Good morning.

I have 2 pieces of advice to give you.

1 - When someone writes a book they are told to write about what they know. For example if you live at the top of a snow topped mountain it would make sense to talk about how cold it is living up a mountain. There would be many day to day challenges. However, it would be much more difficult to write about what it is like living in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

If English is not your first language then for now you should concentrate on words and phrases in your first language. What can you sell with the skills that you already have? If you are a chef or a baker then you will know that names relating to food in your language will be popular and more easy to sell.

2 - I started domaining with $200 which may be a lot of money to many people. This was 2 years ago. I now have 950 domain names. I receive about 1,000 views per month on Efty.com but I have only sold two names. I have received offers which I have accepted but I did not complete the sale for one reason or another.

If you are prepared to work hard and study and learn then you can achieve anything.

If I can do it you can too. You have to believe in yourself.

Start slow and make mistakes which is what we all do. Learn from your mistakes and don't make them again.

Enjoy your journey.

Regards,

Reddstagg
That's exactly a great piece of motivation to the right direction.
Means a lot to me ❤️
Thank you sir 🙂

Usman.

Last edited:
•••
I think you need to start to understand the history of the industry and the success stories. Relying on anyone can't help you succeed quickly.
Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

•••
I consider that a pro domainer might agree on this, but only if you could predict and foresee the future of those domains you are going to offer for registration, in this way their and your success will be guaranteed.
To predict the future of a domain name you need to do allot of research and learn from this great forums, but also on whole internet, the more you learn the more you can predict and grow.
Any best resource except Google trends?

•••
Is it a good idea to attach with a pro domainer of the industry and find them new domains for some bucks.

no

•••
side note also for those that english is hard to understand, copy the text and then go to google translator or bing translator and read it in your own language. It will help, and then type your language in the translator for the response and copy the english. ty. :)

•••
side note also for those that english is hard to understand, copy the text and then go to google translator or bing translator and read it in your own language. It will help, and then type your language in the translator for the response and copy the english. ty. :)
Great way, but the translator is not always right

•••
•••

yes its possible, depend on ur names quality.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Sometimes back @Rob Monster asked for hyphenated unregistered name suggestions and I too submitted some. Got $15 per name as masterbucks. And I registered some 10-20 non-hyp dot coms for myself (sold too). Although this type of job is rare. But you can try providing your name suggestions to pros.

All other suggestions are good to be followed.

•••
I have many names but i haven't found any pro for this deal

I dont know what kind of names, so i dont know the quality of those names.

•••
Why do you need a pro domainer if you can find good domains? You can buy them on your own if you are confident that the names are good. If they names are not good, a pro domainer is not likely going to want them

What is the edge that you have?
What is it that you can find that a pro domainer don't have?
If you are good at finding closeout or auction domains, you can create a list and post here with your affiliate link.

The only service you can provide is if you can hunt down private domains that are available below market price. But that requires that you are very good in valuation and you know how to vet a domain name very well. If you are good in this, you can always approach any investor.

You need to clear about what you are good at and what id it your are offering the pro-domainer

•••
Why do you need a pro domainer if you can find good domains? You can buy them on your own if you are confident that the names are good. If they names are not good, a pro domainer is not likely going to want them

What is the edge that you have?
What is it that you can find that a pro domainer don't have?
If you are good at finding closeout or auction domains, you can create a list and post here with your affiliate link.

The only service you can provide is if you can hunt down private domains that are available below market price. But that requires that you are very good in valuation and you know how to vet a domain name very well. If you are good in this, you can always approach any investor.

You need to clear about what you are good at and what id it your are offering the pro-domainer
How can i find a potential and trusted invester

•••
Submit them to SH, if they're approved and sold, you can make up to 25%

•••
Well, I'm a newbie like you and I don't think your plan can work for the reasons mentioned above. But you can still do that type of job and earn some bucks. Just study deeply the names that are being published on SquadHelp and Brandbucket. If you really understand what they are looking for, you can handreg names they will accept. Once your handregs are published you can resell them here for 3X reg fee or even more.

Handreg >> Publish on BB or SH >> resell the name

Repeat the process until you have enough money and start creating you own portfolio. At the end of the story you will be a pro domainer!

Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
How can i find a potential and trusted invester

You need to get on message - Your not going to.

There's been plenty of replies to your original question everyone genuinely trying to help you find your feet. You have to realise there's hundreds of new domainers on NP of which you are one .. Repeating your request isn't going to find your elusive mentor/investor.

Perhaps try to team up with another new comer (Newbie) to share lessons learnt as you go forward

Last edited:
•••
Thanks to all the namepros members who give me a great piece of advice and show me the right direction 💯

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back