IT.COM

question Is it a good idea?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

M Usman

Established Member
Impact
Is it a good idea to attach with a pro domainer of the industry and find them new domains for some bucks.
Because many of us don't have investment in the start.

PS: i am finding a pro domainer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really do understand your wish But Sorry, But that is probably never going to work. The professional domainers have all the tools and resources already at their disposal. On a basic level it can also bring about a hell of a lot of conflicts. The inexperienced domainer is unlikely to hold the 'knowledge base' to really understand/separate the wheat from the chaff (and the often complex reasons what separates them )

A domainer that has a very fine set of parameters -'probably for a client' may reach out, but they can already do that via the Board. Maybe advertise your time/services for that sort of requirement but don't expect returns until you've shown a real understanding of domains. A good commission or two under your belt may well build you a worthwhile reputation.

I really wish you the best of Luck

Last edited:
•••
sorry ,I dont quite understand what do you mean :xf.frown:
English is so difiicult for me

•••
Use the Interpreter tools

sure they will only give you a basic interpretation but it's there - I use them for German, French , and what ever. Don't be left behind in conversational tools

•••
No it isn't a good idea your going to bother people and are unskilled. Want a better way in find buyers for domainers we don't need anyone to come up with names that is the easy part so you think. I can't afford to register everything i want to till sell some more.

Last edited:
•••
Re-ireHearsal

Last edited:
•••
sorry ,I dont quite understand what do you mean :xf.frown:
English is so difiicult for me
I know the pain.
But try to learn the basics, they are very important in online field.

•••
No it isn't a good idea your going to bother people and are unskilled. Want a better way in find buyers for domainers we don't need anyone to come up with names that is the easy part so you think. I can't afford to register everything i want to till sell some more.
Thanks buddy .

•••
•••
I really do understand your wish But Sorry, But that is probably never going to work. The professional domainers have all the tools and resources already at their disposal. On a basic level it can also bring about a hell of a lot of conflicts. The inexperienced domainer is unlikely to hold the 'knowledge base' to really understand/separate the wheat from the chaff (and the often complex reasons what separates them )

A domainer that has a very fine set of parameters -'probably for a client' may reach out, but they can already do that via the Board. Maybe advertise your time/services for that sort of requirement but don't expect returns until you've shown a real understanding of domains. A good commission or two under your belt may well build you a worthwhile reputation.

I really wish you the best of Luck
Thanks for the comment.

•••
If i was to go about looking for work without investment i would offer appraisals on domains i saw of value and pitch my appraisal and broker fee on the domain. It isn't silly but you need a skill set.

Last edited:
•••
If i was to go about looking for work without investment i would offer appraisals on domains i saw of value and pitch my appraisal and broker fee on the domain. It isn't silly but you need a skill set.
In domain selling you really don’t ..just ask your “domain king” or whatever ya call him these days ....I call it BullSYt

•••
Pro domainers normally don't need help from newbies.
It's the other way around.

•••
if they will want to associate with a newbie for such things then they ain't pro.

maybe u will be just working for another richer newbie.

•••
Thanks for the comment.
First you need to learn domaining as soon you will learn i am sure you will never find any pro for buying domains because you will buy yourself..you will arrange funds for sure
Goodluck

•••
Start with hand registrations, you can comes with 8 bucks from somewhere no?

Even from pro domainers to another, each of them invests on domains they trust and believe on, do you think they will invest on the domain names you believe are great while you don't yourself afford to? How are you sure that your domains will be sold for sure?

Good luck and wish you success.

Last edited:
•••
Possible, but very rare. When I first listed a domain for sale, my very first attempt of selling a domain name for $100 in 2003, it was bought right away. I assumed he was a pro-domainer, and owned some good domains then, though I no longer find his name in any domain forums actively posting these days, maybe he quit or changed username.

Pro-domainers seek quality domains for cheaper price which most beginners don't own.

•••
Possible, but very rare. When I first listed a domain for sale, my very first attempt of selling a domain name for $100 in 2003, it was bought right away. I assumed he was a pro-domainer, and owned some good domains then, though I no longer find his name in any domain forums actively posting these days, maybe he quit or changed username.

Pro-domainers seek quality domains for cheaper price which most beginners don't own.
That's a kind of motivation too.
Thank you .

•••

One more question, is it also rare find an authentic and experienced domainer (not to pro) ۔So I can get it checked before registering the domain.
PS:My eng is not good

•••
Start with hand registrations, you can comes with 8 bucks from somewhere no?

Even from pro domainers to another, each of them invests on domains they trust and believe on, do you think they will invest on the domain names you believe are great while you don't yourself afford to? How are you sure that your domains will be sold for sure?

Good luck and wish you success.
Thank you for the wishes 💓

•••
First you need to learn domaining as soon you will learn i am sure you will never find any pro for buying domains because you will buy yourself..you will arrange funds for sure
Goodluck
Same question to you,
Can I have a friend in this industry who can check me out before I register a domain?
Hope you got the point.
PS: beginner in eng

•••
Pro domainers normally don't need help from newbies.
It's the other way around.
Thanks for the comment.
Can't I get an appraisal before registering a domain? from someone

•••
Usman,
You have the passion to learn and earn :) Keep that passion on and you will find a way.

A lot of rich domainers today were not having any big investment couple of years before. Many of them succeeded with their great passion , attention to the detail and working hard.

There is no shortcut success. Even if we find such shortcuts , greater chancers we will fallback in the longrun.

The best and sustainable approach you can take here is choose the ProDomainers whom you believe are doing good and follow their activity carefully ( Don't follow them blindly though - analyse their actions carefully).

Also read the blogs , watch the videos , listen to the podcasts..etc , a lot of free resources are available to learn.

Once you have the knowledge , rest will fall in line. Focus more attention on learning.

Please remember these 5 important points before starting your journey in domaining.

1) Domaining is not get quick rich scheme. Be ready to work hard, be ready to learn every minute, be ready to be more creative. A lot of domainers hold their names for several years before scoring some real success stories , a lot of patience is required in this game. Offcourse, there could be few people who scored great success in the first year itself.

2) Time is money - Value your time and others time. You have to keep trying until you find a way. If you are requesting help from others , please do some home work and ask the right questions to them

3) Trust Data better than trusting opinions - In the early days better to keep your learning more focused on data. e.g : what category of names are selling, where they are getting sold , who is buying them..etc .. keep asking questions and use the reliable data sources like Namebio.com

4) Knowledge is the Power & Be-Humble - There are a lot of domainers who love to spread the knowledge via their blogs, podcasts, videos and forum messages..etc, respect their time and thank them for their support. Being humble is very important.

5) Be ready to give back - Once you are successful , take the opportunity to thank and give back to the community in what ever form or shape you can. :)

All the best..

P.s: Although I have not helped you to give the prodomainer support , but I genuinely tried to give some good inputs.

•••
Usman,
You have the passion to learn and earn :) Keep that passion on and you will find a way.

A lot of rich domainers today were not having any big investment couple of years before. Many of them succeeded with their great passion , attention to the detail and working hard.

There is no shortcut success. Even if we find such shortcuts , greater chancers we will fallback in the longrun.

The best and sustainable approach you can take here is choose the ProDomainers whom you believe are doing good and follow their activity carefully ( Don't follow them blindly though - analyse their actions carefully).

Also read the blogs , watch the videos , listen to the podcasts..etc , a lot of free resources are available to learn.

Once you have the knowledge , rest will fall in line. Focus more attention on learning.

Please remember these 5 important points before starting your journey in domaining.

1) Domaining is not get quick rich scheme. Be ready to work hard, be ready to learn every minute, be ready to be more creative. A lot of domainers hold their names for several years before scoring some real success stories , a lot of patience is required in this game. Offcourse, there could be few people who scored great success in the first year itself.

2) Time is money - Value your time and others time. You have to keep trying until you find a way. If you are requesting help from others , please do some home work and ask the right questions to them

3) Trust Data better than trusting opinions - In the early days better to keep your learning more focused on data. e.g : what category of names are selling, where they are getting sold , who is buying them..etc .. keep asking questions and use the reliable data sources like Namebio.com

4) Knowledge is the Power & Be-Humble - There are a lot of domainers who love to spread the knowledge via their blogs, podcasts, videos and forum messages..etc, respect their time and thank them for their support. Being humble is very important.

5) Be ready to give back - Once you are successful , take the opportunity to thank and give back to the community in what ever form or shape you can. :)

All the best..

P.s: Although I have not helped you to give the prodomainer support , but I genuinely tried to give some good inputs.
Got your points, highly appreciate your efforts to give me a direction.
But in case if i have little to no investment so can i found a provide some best names to the pro domainers, if they like the names they will register them and give me some commission so that i can start my journey.

PS:my eng is not so good, hope you get my point.

•••
can i found a provide some best names to the pro domainers, if they like the names they will register them and give me some commission so that i can start my journey.

Not need to find certain pro to start...there is a section call available names...u can list your finding there....if u can keep post one year and 70% of ur suggestion been regged... u prove yourself...u can have some commission if you put your reference link there....try to find your own way..good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back