Dynadot

Is Facebook a great way to bring traffic to my articles?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alaxender

Impact
Hey..
Guys I'm currently doing article marketing but would like to do "Social Network Marketing so i just want to ask Is facebook a great way to bring traffic to my articles?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes, it is, but also important is in which category of business you want to promote article. not every category has success with facebook.

•••
There are lots of social networking sites you can try and get traffic from but Facebook is very limited especially to articles. Its good to promote your page and also offers/products but when it comes to blog/article i haven't heard that many had success with social networking sites unless you have strong contact base and your friends would share and comment and be active in your page.
There is no harm in trying though :)

•••
Don't expect FB or any other social marketing network to be a magic wand.
You still have to have a fan base and following of people that are interested in your articles.

Just because you plop up a FB page and post article links doesn't mean that the visitors will start pouring in.

•••
It depends on your articles topic and who your Facebook friends are. If your articles are about something what are your Facebook friends interested in there is a good chance they will visit your website and maybe share your articles with their friends.

Generally, you can expect good results if you create something funny what will become viral. It is not easy to come with some original viral content but if you find your way how to do it social networks (not only Facebook) may work well for you.

•••
Two posts before this are true story. If you write about sport, your fans must like a sport news. :)

•••
Yes, social media is a powerful tool! Create a fan page of your blog, invite users, integrate Like button on your blog or for each single article. Spread a word about your articles in social media, let other people know, ask your friends to share your posts on Facebook.
If used correctly, with a certain strategy, it will work for you.
Social media is one of the most important trends nowadays. People love sharing content, so make it work for you.

•••
Yes you can share your article in facebook and in return you might get loyal audience through your posts.

•••
yes its a great way to bring traffic to your article . But it also depends on the subject or category u are trying to market , if the category is interesting u will automatically attract traffic .Also a word of advice don't just focus on facebook use other social sites as well .

•••
Insert social share button to your posts. If your posts are appealing, people will share them to the community and you get more natural traffic.

•••
Yes facebook is the great social media optimization. 80% of the people in world are using facebook. so if we post our adds or campaigning through Facebook surely we get better busines.

•••
FB works well with good images and works well with fan pages

•••
To make the most of it if you don't have a page with a lot of likes / fans you will have to invest money and promote your posts and articles.

•••
You can use paid way to boost your content, article of posts on facebook, even you can start it just from $5. In this way you can get good traffic and your content will go viral.

•••
Wow...just go to facebook and put up a page and tons of traffic will flow to y our site?????
Sounds easy, but in practice?
Aint gonna happen.
You got to spend time and money to get a facebook page going to the point people are coming to visit, and even more time and money to get them to like your page and to let their friends & family know about your page.
I bet for every facebook page that gets 1K likes or better?
There are 25 pages that just gather electronic dust.

•••
Half the pages that have 1K likes or better bought them on Fiverr ;). (THEN they sit there and gather electronic dust.)

Advertising on FB can bring people to your page and your site. How much it costs depends on the competition.

•••
Fiverr! Forget about them! hahahahahaha
I am looking for a shop that sells vape supplies.
Do I go to facebook to see if any shop has a page?
Nope, I use google!
Google will tell me who has a facebook page (most are useless I found) and who has a site (best way, gets to the heart of what I am looking for).
And that is how I found what I was looking for earlier today.

•••
FB is often better for CRM than for acquisition. If you have something engaging and can post interesting things and keep a conversation going, then you can probably drive traffic back to your site. Facebook users, not random Googlers. Building followers is tricky - you need to have something to offer (some pages pull people in with giveaways, but you still need to advertise to promote), or have a loyal following already (like a popular brand, a club or a school). Buying them may give you "social proof" but won't drive traffic to your site or convert to sales.

•••
In my opinion Facebook is the best Website to promote your Business online. If you are in content development niche & wish to spread the word then the idea of Facebook could benefit your website with not only views but from SEO strategy as well.
However, the first and foremost thing for the articles & your site that you should focus on:
1. Ask yourself whether the article your are sharing if shared by other person could have caught your attention to click or share.
2. What is your Articles niche & is it connecting with the interests of people that have liked your page or are in your friends list. Page is better option I recommend
3. The usefulness of your article, whether they add to the readers knowledge.
4. Even if your articles or posts can make a good time pass of the reader or viewer, it could be good enought to get views on your site.
5. Dont expect much traffic with 400-500 page likes or people. You need to build a Large audience if you are confident enough regarding your articles niche prospects.
.... there are lots of other things you can find...!
Thanks

•••
Facebook is like any other social site.
Will take a lot of promotion to get people to your facebook page.
Way I look at it?
All that promotion is better spent getting visitors to your website.

•••
Since you’re doing article marketing I’m going to assume you’re sending your traffic to some website or offer in your resource box which means that you’re promoting some kind of a product. Since I’m assuming your selling a product I’m going to tell you what I think would be best way to use FaceBook for promoting that product.

Some people say the traffic on FaceBook requires a lot of effort and is useless and others say it’s some of the best traffic there is on the net right now.

I myself haven’t actually used FaceBook to get any kind of traffic BUT I do know of a few people who have made a killing using it and they swear by FaceBook for paid advertising.

Why?

FaceBook allows you to get REALLY deep into the type of market you want to advertise to since they have a ridiculous amount of data on each individual user. So say if you were selling an eBook on weight loss and you found out by collecting demographic data that your ideal customer is a woman that’s 35-50, is Caucasian and has 2+ kids. Using FaceBook you can run your ads JUST on those people which means only targeted views are seeing your ads. FaceBook also allows you to advertise on groups that are based on your entire topic which means even more targeted traffic (E.g. weight loss groups).

All of this results in you being able to get a ton of targeted traffic that will stand a higher chance of converting into sales to see your website.

And as a side note, one of the guys that I know who is killing it using FaceBook ads told me a secret trick. Most of the time when you’re buying traffic via FaceBook your paying about $1/click on average BUT there’s a way to get it to 0.01$ per click. What you do is you create a FaceBook fan page and you send the traffic that you’re paying for to that fan page and it’ll drop the cost of your clicks to about 0.01$/click. Then on the fan page you can promote your website or squeeze page. I think the reason there doing this is because they want people to stay on FaceBook and not go to some third party website.

Keep in mind that I myself haven’t actually used this trick and the guy who told me this told me it about a year ago so it might not work anymore. But it’s something you might want to look into testing out.

Hope this helps.

•••
I haven't found much success advertising anything on facebook. Advertising on facebook for a blog isn't something I would recommend. If you have a product to sell, then maybe...

•••
It depends on niche for which you are promoting your products and services. if you are an online business and selling your products and services online. then FB is surely the best medium to attract more and more potential customers for your business.

•••
I'll be honest, I only read a couple of the replies, but here's my take - take it for what it's worth.

Facebook is not a marketing platform. It's a networking platform. You have to fundamentally understand that before you start trying to monetize it. Particularly with the changes we've seen already in the last few weeks, and the anticipated changes in the coming months.

Once you grasp that (and I mean, really understand it at a low level) you'll find greater success with Facebook (and any networking platform for that matter).

Now, while this is the "spark notes" version of everything, know that I'm not saying to avoid FB at all. Just use it properly.

If marketing your articles (provided, they're both unique, and interesting) I'd advise to you spend far more time promoting your articles to blogs within your niche - gain the authority there, direct them to your FB group, capture the lead, and monetize.

Just my 3 cents.

•••
I've used FB to invite users to try our games.
and received 291 likes, not bad. I'm only expecting below 100 likes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back