NameSilo

Is Dynadot.com Down For You Too?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Expron

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
Hmm,

I've been trying to login to Dynadot.com all night & they seem down. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm out in Chicago, IL USA so - maybe it's a regional thing?

It seems like their API is down as well.

I know they're a smaller company.. Hopefully they get up & going again soon!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seem dynadot caused me lost $XXXX

I wonder to know if Dynadot will compensate me the credit, in case of I unable to delete unwanted domains because of downtime.

I am innocent and that is not my fault.

•••
I get:
We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

•••
BGMV, I have about 150 domains that I had to delete by 5AM this morning. I was trying since yesterday morning and couldn't access the site. Thats about $1500 I'm out. They better refund me or let me delete them when they come back online. I have spent over $10,000 with Dynadot in the past year and a half :( If the site is down another 18 hours I'll be stuck with another 150 domain names :(

No update or anything. Has anyone called them?

•••
John645 and Kam, sorry to hear this, but I remember that one guy had the same situation more then year ago and they refunded him. I hope that they will refund you too.
Btw. John, are you owner of talkgold.com?

•••
I just called them.

They had a major hardware crash / issue.

Looking at around 8 more hours from now until they come back online.

He couldn't answer any questions regarding the API, or deleting domains.

•••
Thanks for the info Expron. Dnb I sure hope they allow me to delete them still. I would think it would be up to Internic rather then dynadot since it's not a dynadot rule. I'm not the owner of Talkgold but I'm one of the managers there.

•••
john645 said:
Thanks for the info Expron. Dnb I sure hope they allow me to delete them still. I would think it would be up to Internic rather then dynadot since it's not a dynadot rule. I'm not the owner of Talkgold but I'm one of the managers there.
ICANN rule now. But anyway, I would think dynadot could work something out for certain cases, after the downtime is over.

•••
What is the worst case scenerio? Corrupt backups? Crazed domainers holding the Dynadot staff at gunpoint until they give up a couple LL.coms?

•••
Its down since yesterday...

Cant check my domains..:(

•••
•••
Ms Domainer said:
All those .tel registrations must have crashed the system.
No it was more likely that all those Tasted Domains has sent the company broke.
I SO HATE Domain Tasters.
Try Keeping them for at least a year guys.

Last edited:
•••
Still down. And as mentioned by others this isn't the first time but its probably the longest they have been down. I feel for everyone who were in middle of tasting etc. I sure hope they will refund you.

I have hundreds of names with them and together with Name.com and NameCheap.com I rate them very highly. In fact I'd go as far as saying they are the best all rounder for me...

I'm sure they are doing all they can to bring things back to normal... unfortunately something has happened that's obviously of their hands, these things do happen. However, I do agree that they should provide some info to users - updates etc. Maybe they will learn from this.

Anyway, I just hope they'll be back online within the next few hours - I've got a very irritating client waiting for a NS change :-/

•••
john645 said:
This is really bad for me. I had been tasting about 150 domain names all of which had their grace periods expire this morning. I tried to grace delete them with about 26 hours remaining, but the site has been down since. Am I going to be stuck with the $1500.00 registration for these domains? Will Dynadot refund me even though the grace period expired? This is so unprofessional. Their support email still hasn't contacted me back and it's impossible to get them on the phone on the weekends. I know Internic has the 5 day grace period rules, and I always grace delete my names with 25-26 hours remaining to be safe. This is crazy if I'm going to be stuck with 150+ domain names because Dynadot can't keep their site up and running. Will Internic make an exception for Dynadot because of this downtime?

This is terrible :(

Tasting 150 domains....
:guilty:

:o

•••
I'm amazed that Dynadot hasn't made a public statement to their customers - at least none that I can see.. even a few simple tweets would probably be enough. They're just damaging their reputation further by failing to communicate and set expectations.. very disappointing to see, IMO.

•••
•••
I'm sure it has to be very serious for this kind of downtime.

To the domain tasters, here's what the terms say:
You understand and agree that Dynadot disclaims any loss or liability resulting from: (1) access delays or access interruptions to our web site or domain name registration system; (2) data non-delivery or data mis-delivery; (3) acts of God; ...
So technically they aren't obliged to reimburse you for not being able delete your domains. But we'll see how they handle any claims after this is sorted out, given the circumstances.

•••
I for one hope they don't reimburse tasters. You guys know downtime does happen and you accepted that risk by deciding to taste. Best of luck to you.

•••
They state on their site to request grace deletion with more then 24 hours remaining to ensure you get the refund. I also request it with at least 24 hours remaining. Most of us large tasters are big time spenders with Dynadot. I know I have spent close to $10,000 in the past year and a half. I would certainly appreciate a reimbursement or extension. I haven't even heard back from my 2 emails I've sent over 24 hours ago.

•••
For the tasters out there. I would recommend sending them an email with a list of the ones you wish to drop, if you havent already done so.

For Dynadot and others with webpages. You can always put a phone number or another method of contact on the tech diff page. I would suggest next time they tell you a web address that points to a plain server and just explain what is going on and help address any immediate needs ad hoc style

•••
My emails that I have sent to Dynadot yesterday morning have just bounced back saying "delayed". I assume that since the server is down they aren't receiving emails.

•••
Looks like I'll be selling off my dynadot credit soon. Time to go back to Moniker.

•••
john645 said:
They state on their site to request grace deletion with more then 24 hours remaining to ensure you get the refund. I also request it with at least 24 hours remaining. Most of us large tasters are big time spenders with Dynadot. I know I have spent close to $10,000 in the past year and a half. I would certainly appreciate a reimbursement or extension. I haven't even heard back from my 2 emails I've sent over 24 hours ago.

I saw the similar statement at a earlier time.

They claimed that to ensure the domain names will be sucessful delete and refund credit, you need to request for domain deletion 24 hours before the grace period expired.

•••
RegFee said:
Looks like I'll be selling off my dynadot credit soon. Time to go back to Moniker.

How do you sell credit from your dyndadot account.. :(

I have around $200 stucked there... D-:

•••
jdenwar said:
How do you sell credit from your dyndadot account.. :(

I have around $200 stucked there... D-:

I guess you could offer to reg names for people at whatever cost and then push them to their DD account.

Ive done this before.

•••
Clearly their TOS indicates that folks who needed to delete tasted names are SOL, as a matter of policy. But as a matter of public relations, it's a good idea for them to refund the money anyway, considering all the discussion here about pulling domains out of there.

Technical glitches can happen to any company, that's just the luck of the draw sometimes. The true measure of a company is in how well they respond to those glitches, and how they treat their customers in the aftermath. So far Dynadot gets an F from me, primarily due to their abysmal lack of communication. However I believe in second chances, so we'll see how they respond to people who are losing money today.

ripley.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back