Dynadot

Is domaining becoming a "Nigerian" Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact

Dear Robert -
Hi,
I have a favor to ask. I am not making domain sales per se. I am sending you my domains list because a disabled old lady in our apartment complex faces eviction. If this happens, the process alone will be extremely hard on her mental and physical health.

I do not have any funds other than a few of my domains to help her out. Her deadline is in 24 hours. I am requesting to you as a kind domainer if you can buy 1 or more domains from the list. These are my end user quality, business launch niche domains.

This is a loss proposition for me. But a win if I can save someone from being homeless. The church and social services here do not help monetarily. Most names cost me more just to renew. I need to generate $900 to keep the old lady from getting an eviction notice. Even 1 name purchase will go a long way. I am extremely grateful for your help and I am sure you will profit many fold from either a flip sale or from a motivated end user. Either way you will come on top.

$39 each. If you are first to reply, you get the name. 1 or more is appreciated. Your help will go a long way. You have a great deal here as well.

Terms : Payment via PayPal friends and family option only. My phone is 352 3906303. Please email first if you wish to speak with me. I am not always by the phone. I thank you for your kindness. Here is the list.

AKIYABANK.COM - Distressed property bank.
ANTIMALWAREAPP.COM
ANTIMALWAREAPPS.COM
ANTIRANSOM.COM
ANTIRANSOMWARE.COM
AUTOBREWERYSYNDROME.COM - Disease.
BABYORGANICSUPPLIES.COM
BABYORGANICSUPPLY.COM
BAROTSE.COM -
BAROTSELAND.ORG - Newest country to be in Africa.
BOBACOMPANY.COM
BOBATEASUPPLIES.COM
BONN.me - Quarter million in population German city.
BUBBLETEAMAKER.COM
CONFECTIONERY.CLUB
COSTPERACTION.IN - CPA business in India.
DISTRIBUTOR.WS
DISTRIBUTORS.WS
DRONEAPPDESIGN.COM
DRONEAPPDESIGNER.COM
DRONEAPPDESIGNS.COM
ETHERCOINPRICE.COM
FAKEANTIVIRUS.COM
FUNNELWEBSITES.COM - Hot trend in funnel sites.
GORALI.COM - Last name + Mideast Food item.
GUNTV.CO
GUTFERMENTATION.COM
HAOHANQIAO.COM - World's longest glass bottom bridge.
HIPHOPAUDITION.COM - Plural taken.
HOVERBOARDAPPS.COM
HUVRBOARDS.COM
IOTAFFILIATE.COM - Internet of things affiliate.
KITCHENISTAN.COM
KYRGYZSTAN.IO
LIFEISWHATIMAKEIT.COM
MOBINAR.XYZ - Mobile webinar.
MULTIMILLIONDOLLARBUSINESS.COM
NEPALECOTOURS.COM
OCEANSCRAPERS.COM - Under ocean building scrapers.
ORGANICBABYMALL.COM
ORGANICBABYOUTLET.COM
ORGANICBRANDY.COM
RANSOMWAREDEFENDER.COM
REALBHUTAN.COM
ROGUEANTIVIRUS.COM
SALESFUNNELS.CO
SINKHOLE.XYZ
SINKHOLEMONITOR.COM
SINKHOLES.XYZ
TAJIKISTAN.IO
TAROTAMERICA.COM
TINYCONSTRUCTIONS.COM
TINYDESIGNERS.COM
TINYHOLIDAYRENTAL.COM
TINYHOLIDAYRENTALS.COM
TINYHOME.IN
TINYHOMEMORTGAGE.COM
TINYHOMES.IN
TINYHOUSETIMESHARES.COM
TINYMOBILEHOME.COM
TOURISMKOSOVO.COM
TURKMENISTAN.IO
UZBEKISTAN.IO
VR3DCAMERA.COM
VRMOVIECAM.COM
VRMOVIECAMERA.COM
VRAPPDESIGNERS.COM
VR3DCAMERAS.COM
Please let me know asap. Time is of critical importance. if I can do this by today, it will mean much.

Thanks
Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Dear Robert -
Hi,
I have a favor to ask. I am not making domain sales per se. I am sending you my domains list because a disabled old lady in our apartment complex faces eviction. If this happens, the process alone will be extremely hard on her mental and physical health.

I do not have any funds other than a few of my domains to help her out. Her deadline is in 24 hours. I am requesting to you as a kind domainer if you can buy 1 or more domains from the list. These are my end user quality, business launch niche domains.

This is a loss proposition for me. But a win if I can save someone from being homeless. The church and social services here do not help monetarily. Most names cost me more just to renew. I need to generate $900 to keep the old lady from getting an eviction notice. Even 1 name purchase will go a long way. I am extremely grateful for your help and I am sure you will profit many fold from either a flip sale or from a motivated end user. Either way you will come on top.

$39 each. If you are first to reply, you get the name. 1 or more is appreciated. Your help will go a long way. You have a great deal here as well.

Terms : Payment via PayPal friends and family option only. My phone is 352 3906303. Please email first if you wish to speak with me. I am not always by the phone. I thank you for your kindness. Here is the list.

AKIYABANK.COM - Distressed property bank.
ANTIMALWAREAPP.COM
ANTIMALWAREAPPS.COM
ANTIRANSOM.COM
ANTIRANSOMWARE.COM
AUTOBREWERYSYNDROME.COM - Disease.
BABYORGANICSUPPLIES.COM
BABYORGANICSUPPLY.COM
BAROTSE.COM -
BAROTSELAND.ORG - Newest country to be in Africa.
BOBACOMPANY.COM
BOBATEASUPPLIES.COM
BONN.me - Quarter million in population German city.
BUBBLETEAMAKER.COM
CONFECTIONERY.CLUB
COSTPERACTION.IN - CPA business in India.
DISTRIBUTOR.WS
DISTRIBUTORS.WS
DRONEAPPDESIGN.COM
DRONEAPPDESIGNER.COM
DRONEAPPDESIGNS.COM
ETHERCOINPRICE.COM
FAKEANTIVIRUS.COM
FUNNELWEBSITES.COM - Hot trend in funnel sites.
GORALI.COM - Last name + Mideast Food item.
GUNTV.CO
GUTFERMENTATION.COM
HAOHANQIAO.COM - World's longest glass bottom bridge.
HIPHOPAUDITION.COM - Plural taken.
HOVERBOARDAPPS.COM
HUVRBOARDS.COM
IOTAFFILIATE.COM - Internet of things affiliate.
KITCHENISTAN.COM
KYRGYZSTAN.IO
LIFEISWHATIMAKEIT.COM
MOBINAR.XYZ - Mobile webinar.
MULTIMILLIONDOLLARBUSINESS.COM
NEPALECOTOURS.COM
OCEANSCRAPERS.COM - Under ocean building scrapers.
ORGANICBABYMALL.COM
ORGANICBABYOUTLET.COM
ORGANICBRANDY.COM
RANSOMWAREDEFENDER.COM
REALBHUTAN.COM
ROGUEANTIVIRUS.COM
SALESFUNNELS.CO
SINKHOLE.XYZ
SINKHOLEMONITOR.COM
SINKHOLES.XYZ
TAJIKISTAN.IO
TAROTAMERICA.COM
TINYCONSTRUCTIONS.COM
TINYDESIGNERS.COM
TINYHOLIDAYRENTAL.COM
TINYHOLIDAYRENTALS.COM
TINYHOME.IN
TINYHOMEMORTGAGE.COM
TINYHOMES.IN
TINYHOUSETIMESHARES.COM
TINYMOBILEHOME.COM
TOURISMKOSOVO.COM
TURKMENISTAN.IO
UZBEKISTAN.IO
VR3DCAMERA.COM
VRMOVIECAM.COM
VRMOVIECAMERA.COM
VRAPPDESIGNERS.COM
VR3DCAMERAS.COM
Please let me know asap. Time is of critical importance. if I can do this by today, it will mean much.

Thanks
Chris

Please kindly tell me what is "Nigerian" about this message. The guy's phone number starts with 352... while Nigeria's country calling code is +234... Maybe the guy is just a desperate domainer using an assumed unethical means to market his product. Different strokes for different folks, IMHO!

Meanwhile, kindly check this out;

Area code 352 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_352
Area code 352 is a telephone dialing area around Gainesville, Florida. It split from area code 904 in 1996. It includes all of Dixie, Gilchrist, Levy, Marion, Citrus, ...
Telephone numbers in Luxembourg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Luxembourg
Country calling code, +352. International call prefix, 00. Trunk prefix, none. Telephone numbers in Luxembourg employ a closed dialling system, whereby all numbers are ...
+352 - World Telephone Numbering Guide
www.wtng.info/wtng-352-lu.html
Luxembourg GSM numbers start with a leading zero (+352 0xx format). Due to the common practice of omitting leading zeroes on international calls, ...
352 Area Code 352 - Map, time zone, and phone lookup - Area Codes
www.allareacodes.com/352
Lookup area code 352 on the 352 area code map in Florida plus get the timezone and current time. Lookup the name and address of any phone number in area ...

PROUDLY NIGERIAN.... GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

Last edited:
•••
Nigerian is a common term, it has nothing to do specifically with Nigeria. It seems it just got name from the first emails coming from Nigeria, so it doesnt even matter nowdays, where the scammers are located. Many emails I get from this kind of scam lately are from Benin Republic.
IT does matter that "Nigeria" or "Nigerian" is in the name. If YOU were nigerian, trust me, this issue wouldnt be this trivial. Like a poster already said, please remove the nigerian in your title/post and ur good. scammers come from everywhere in the world. i get them too, and mostly not from Nigeria either.

•••
it's only a scam if you let it scam you.

so no... domaining is not becoming nigerian scam.

•••
I said remove nigerian, not because it is racist in any way. It is used for reference the term nigerian scam, if it had started in Kentucky, it would be called the kentucky scam
I said remove nigerian, because the title should say is-domaining-becoming-a scam
And with no accountability, the ability to hide behind your pets picture, use privacy, the shill bidding, domaining has become corrupt. The market is saturated with names, and domain investors. Scammers sending out millions of spam a day, imagine the small business guy with no privacy, he gets blasted with this spam crap. Then comes along an investor with a business proposal and we are in the same class, in their opinion.
We all know were better than the guy who wrote the letter above.
BTW my girl posted on facebook something public page, now she is getting all these likes from guys in Nigeria, couple messages. I had to explain to her the nigerian scam theory. Though there is no doubt imo that the majority of scammers come from india. All I have to do is read my emails to see where the spam is coming from.

is-domaining-becoming-a scam ? Yes
There is no law, you can rip people off with no repercussions, have your friends and family pump, then have a huge dump. Get friends to shill bid, bid and simply don't pay. Just open another account
Its to bad, the old days were good, people new others here by name, people were helpful
Now it has come down to a forum full of names that arent even proper english, and in .mom 2boot

Drop nigerian, it has become a world wide scam

•••
So let's call it "Floridan Charity Scam" then.

•••
First off, I'd like to point out the fact that I do not see any element of racism in the OP's post. But it is ridden with supreme ignorance and egregious misinformation.

The fact that there are scammers in Nigeria is undeniably true. But the same can be said of every single country on this planet. Some scams are so advanced that people simply cannot help but glorify the scammers while they continue to vilify the petty scammers who resort to emotional manipulations to perpetrate their scams. Yet, both of these are scams and should be unequivocally condemned regardless of its form and where it originates from.

But using the identity of a country with over 200 Million people as a derogatory adjective to a word such as 'scam' is unbecoming, unethical and, dare I say, inherently unwise.

There are hardworking people in that country, good people who are simply looking to exploit the limitless opportunities provided by the Internet to make a living for themselves. Life is already too complicated for people, don't make it harder for them by labeling a whole country with diverse persons and morality as complicit to scams.

You don't know how difficult it is to do legitimate online business from a country like that, so it's better you give them a break and look within yourself. If you can so boldly group everybody in the MOST POPULOUS black nation together under the umbrella of being worthy to be used to qualify such a word as 'scam', then you need to reevaluate your thinking.
It doesn't speak of someone of with a balanced mentality and outlook of reality.

It isn't harmless like the OP and a couple of people are making it out to be 'Nigerian' is not just a word. It is a culture. It is a way of life. It is an heritage. And most importantly, 'Nigerian' is a PEOPLE!!!.
It is not proper to use it in such a context as this.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing. Drop the word nigerian. The rest of my comment I keep to myself
I will say I think the old lady needs to be booted out on her ass

•••
Manipulating peoples emotions to sell bad domains = very bad practice!

•••
The email has Craigslist touch.

I wonder if domainers are outsourcing their sales work.

•••
Almost very casual english, they are getting better lol

•••
Also to note, there are a many awesome people here, and domaining in general, that are honest, caring and hard working. Generous people. Its these scammers, cheats, the criminals and psychpaths that continue to operate with no worries about anything but themselves. All it takes is 1 bad apple to ruin the whole box.
What email addresse did that letter come from? I see a name there i like

•••
•••
I'm a poor student can only afford $100
I need for a project but budget limited to $40
I cannot sell to you for $100 I had already offers for $xx,xxx

Domainers lie.

There's probably no scam here (except Friends and Family paypal, maybe). There's just taking creative license to the extreme. In the grand scheme of things this is at least better than the your domain listing is expiring email. Those guys are trying to make people spend money they shouldn't for nothing.

•••
Got exactly the same thing today from mywonderjam at gmail

•••
•••
A few months back this guy was harassing me also, he said he was facing eviction, and needed to pay his rent, tried to sell me this portfolio, and said he would work on selling the domains, and buy it back a few months later.

Same names, similar story

•••
it's only a scam if you let it scam you.

so no... domaining is not becoming nigerian scam.

Yeah right, wrong thread title by OP.

•••
•••
Member: IMC that admitted that he is sender, has been confirmed as the sender.

This was his post, but many seemed to have skipped it:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-domaining-becoming-a-nigerian-scam.943539/page-2#post-5504631

Last year he sent me (and probably many other members too) a list of domains via PM which he said he needed to sell to pay his ISP to prevent his internet access being disconnected by midnight, etc. I could tell then what his real agenda was especially by the title he chose (apparently commending me on my posts), and phrasing the body of the PM in such a way that he takes the recipient of his PMs tot be a complete fool.

The whois details of the domains he sent via PM last year matches that of the domains listed in this thread that he sent to many of you via email.

Using such stories to get pity and make money off of it is just plain wrong. But hey, he aint the only one hoping to make a buck off the unsuspecting. Look at the 5L chip nonsense-who pumped it and at the same time sold to unsuspecting newbies? There is no difference between these types to be quite honest.

I personally ignored his post in this thread because the last thing I want to do is get into an argument over whether or not someone's mother is really dying.

Could it be true? Yeah, of course. Does any of what he's saying add up? No, not at all. Is it his internet being cut off? Is it caring for his mother? Is it another elderly woman being evicted? Too many different stories, but not worth trying to call out. I think it's very obvious that whichever story he has gone with over the past year, he's using guilt as a sales tactic to push something on someone who wouldn't necessarily want it, which of course is poor business practice.

•••
You realize you bumped a long lost 3 year old thread back to the top?

•••
•••
Nigerian is a common term, it has nothing to do specifically with Nigeria. It seems it just got name from the first emails coming from Nigeria, so it doesnt even matter nowdays, where the scammers are located. Many emails I get from this kind of scam lately are from Benin Republic.

•••
Years ago, I received a similar E-mail and it was pretty sad, because the whole portfolio was garbage and the guy was still hoping that his domains could the key to salvation, when in fact they were more a problem than a solution.
Sometimes, the more domainers are stuck with bad domains, the more desperate and aggressive they are to offload their domains onto another bigger sucker.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back