IT.COM

question Is domain name .com more valuable in a pack with other TLDs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JurAdo

Impact
Sorry if this question is already answered 100+ times - I just wasn't able to find any opinion on this.

So, is it worth to add other TLDs, like: net, org, online, eu (when available), registering a dot com domain?
Is it easier to sell to the end user? I assume - it is, if it's a nice brandable name to be developed.. Am I wrong?

Resellers - would you buy or, in some cases (rarely used TLDs - take for free as a gift :xf.wink: ), together with dot com?
For resale - I understand that renewal will be costly?
And when I have a pack of TLDs for a DN, how it is better to do: list them all, or list only com with additional info on availability of other TLDs?

Thanks for your thoughts
Regards,
J

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think that is important since you are hand registering to resell because when many other tdls are available to hand reg that show it's worthless for hand reg...

•••
When we began with domains in the mid 90s' we were registering small market EMDs in .com and often would also reg the net and org.

That way basically controlled the target market although must note, for the most part , com / net / org were essentially it for extensions.

That, was then.

Today, IF I located a .com to hand reg would not necessarily seek out or acquire other extensions - would operate on the premise that the .com is likely the most desirable ext and the domain in com is accordingly the most viable.

And as mentioned, if the name is available in com and many other extensions what really might be it's value?

So in today's marketplace I would not acquire or bundle a batch of other extensions to enhance
the potential sale of the name in com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back