Dynadot

Is DDD.com a SCAM? It looks like they are scamming me!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Allysin

Established Member
Impact
I requested a .vip domain transfer from Epik to DDD.com over 5 days ago. They have charged my debit card and the transaction settled in my bank account already:

INTERNET WORKS O MONG KOK HK 01056782 68 8300

But they have not initiated the transfer as far as I can tell!

I sent them multiple Emails (to the only way to contact them = Service email [email protected] )
but there has NEVER been any replies whatsoever (not even to say we received your Email and are looking into it type of thing).

Am I being scammed and what to do???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now clicking around I see this:

Failed to transfer in.

No explanation, no Email notification, NOTHING!

Money is gone from bank account, no refund!

Who does business like this in 2023???

•••
To be fair - we found them on WhatsApp and they said the following:

Your domain is a premium domain. When XYWZ.vip was transferred in, the registry did not approve it because XYWZ.vip cannot be transferred in at the normal domain price. Now, all you need to do is initiate the transfer again.

It still would have been nice to get this in Email from them rather than us having to chase them like crazy!

Last edited:
•••
To be fair - we found them on WhatsApp and they said the following:

Your domain is a premium domain. When XYWZ.vip was transferred in, the registry did not approve it because XYWZ.vip cannot be transferred in at the normal domain price. Now, all you need to do is initiate the transfer again.

It still would have been nice to get this in Email from them rather than us having to chase them like crazy!

Yes, that's an issue with many registrars with transfers of the so called "premium registry domains"

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back