Domain Empire

Is CustomFit.Clothing Worth $26?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cool.Ventures

Established Member
Impact
60 days ago I regged CustomFit.Clothing with GoDaddy for about $45 and since it's the only domain in GoDaddy I have and I hate GoDaddy, I am looking to transfer to Hexonet.net for $26.

But I don't know if I should invest any more into the domain or not considering there will be a .clothes and .fashion. My instinct is to do it since I think in the future you can custom fit clothing online.

Would you do it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd leave it at godaddy for now, and then see how you feel closer to renewal if the domain is still worth it.

•••
I'd leave it at godaddy for now, and then see how you feel closer to renewal if the domain is still worth it.

Yeah, makes sense, it just bothers me to have anything under godaddy though; maybe worth the money for piece of mind to get it out from under their awful wing.

•••
Walk away awkwardly from this domain ASAP if possible...

This is IMO

•••
•••
This belongs in the appraisal section.

•••
This belongs in the appraisal section.
or may be its time to open an apparel section for .clothing domains? lol

on subject...IMHO, no, it doesn't.

•••
60 days ago I regged CustomFit.Clothing with GoDaddy for about $45 and since it's the only domain in GoDaddy I have and I hate GoDaddy, I am looking to transfer to Hexonet.net for $26.

But I don't know if I should invest any more into the domain or not considering there will be a .clothes and .fashion. My instinct is to do it since I think in the future you can custom fit clothing online.

Would you do it?

I would keep it, good on the left and right. Anyone reading it knows exactly what it is about :)

•••
custom.clothing would have been much better, but its registry reserved :talk:

•••
custom.clothing would have been much better, but its registry reserved :talk:

Is there anything that is both not registry reserved and good in the new extensions? lol

•••
Is there anything that is both not registry reserved and good in the new extensions? lol

I believe for each gTLD they're allowed to reserve 100 max under ICANN rules. So plenty is available i'd say. But like with anything, if you wait till GA then there is a good chance many premium names will be taken already. Basically boils down to investing more to get better names. So far almost all registries stayed close within the max allowed reservation amount.

Hopefully ICANN will also reconsider the NGO/blabla policy and release those for the public.

•••
I am not regging any two word gtld domains, so for me it would be a no go

•••
I am not regging any two word gtld domains, so for me it would be a no go

I said the same thing to myself when I saw HeadlineNews.com available in 1998. I actually saw it available and thought to myself... "naaa.... too long".

•••
On a related note (on SEO) ...

Two clothing names are on Donuts' featured sites - http://www.donuts.co/featured/ Both are at the top Google position for their keywords (including "clothing")

A name I see ranked on the first page without "clothing" is denada.clothing. Apparently, "denada" is a very popular word on Google with 22,200 searches per month :)

•••
I said the same thing to myself when I saw HeadlineNews.com available in 1998. I actually saw it available and thought to myself... "naaa.... too long".

You asked the question, most answers are saying no , there must be a reason , 1998 was a different scenario

•••

Apples to Oranges.

There is only (1) .COM, there will only ever be (1) .COM. All new extensions will end up doing is diluting other new extensions.

If the new extensions were released in 1998 they might have had a better chance. Unfortunately since then it has been another 16 years of .COM dominance.

If any term is the one to own in this field it is Custom.Clothing, not the one you have. I don't think it is worth the $26.

Brad

•••
You're close but I think custom made is a better name

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back