Domain Empire

Is cryptosdns.com legit?

NameSilo
Watch

Amit V

Established Member
Impact
Does anybody have any experience with cryptosdns.com? I saw two threads here yesterday with somebody selling domains bought there. On impulse, I bought a domain from them but its not functioning as expected. Domain forwarding not working . Cant move the domain to my wallet which is normal with Blockchain domains. I wrote to support but no reply.
Also I bought some domains from ENS and these domains which I have in my wallet are being shown on their website as being free to be registered.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No renewal fees you say?

What can possibly go wrong.

i dont trust them, and i believe your story.
Do they even have a NP acc? That in itself is telling, i’m talking about official reps, not shills.
E6B275AA-8C65-460A-B92D-F9CA7E209B65.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
No renewal fees you say?

What can possibly go wrong.

i dont trust them, and i believe your story.
Do they even have a NP acc? That in itself is telling, i’m talking about official reps, not shills.
Show attachment 190863
Thanks Samer. I think I just got cheated out of some eth. Also checked their wallet ad on ethscan. looks fishy as it keeps changing.

•••
@Amit V Think you got robbed man. No renewal fees is premium grade bull*bleep*

Last edited:
•••
Hi Jhm, Ja I believed it because I have bought some .crypto domains where there is no renewal fees. Anyway , one experience and some eth lesser, richer :)

•••

dude those aren't supposed to have renewal fees. it's the whole point.

whether a scam..not sure.. wasnt it posted.by old np member or something?

•••

Posted by @csdname . Have bought some .crypto so I am used to no renewal fees at least for .crypto. The difference is:
"Domain forwarding not working . Cant move the domain to my wallet which is normal with Blockchain domains. I wrote to support but no reply.
Also I bought some domains from ENS and these domains which I have in my wallet are being shown on their website as being free to be registered."
Also the domain is not working as wallet address.

•••
I'm only assuming its a scam / disingenuous if @Amit V spent money and didn't get what he wanted

@Amit V Sorry for your loss if it isn't legitimate. I've never heard of that platform, nor see it ranking on Google

Last edited:
•••
The domain was only registered last month - pretty basic website, with no in depth information on it.......

Smells fishy to me

Last edited:
•••
Hi Jhm, Ja I believed it because I have bought some .crypto domains where there is no renewal fees. Anyway , one experience and some eth lesser, richer :)
Have never heard of them. Listen, these crypto startups popping up all over the place. Their domain registration date was literally just last month. Other indicators to look for too, older member accounts popping up out of the blue, promo posting with no context.. etc.

Give it a chance, see if they respond, but dang. There are reputable blockchain domain registrars to use.

•••
Have never heard of them. Listen, these crypto startups popping up all over the place. Their domain registration date was literally just last month. Other indicators to look for too, older member accounts popping up out of the blue, promo posting with no context.. etc.

Give it a chance, see if they respond, but dang. There are reputable blockchain domain registrars to use.
Yeah good point - a little while ago there where some older accounts that where hacked

•••
At a glance, the website looks appealing, but not legit.

It lists some domain extensions that should have renewal fees, such as .link and .one. But it says "No Renewal Fees, Ever". Also, there are so many unauthorized domain extensions that seem to be created by it.

•••
I believed it because I have bought some .crypto domains where there is no renewal fees.

Yeah, that has been my experience with the blockchain (specifically .crypto and .zil) domains I've purchased with UnstoppableDomains. So, I get that part.

It's the .cryptos (with an s) part that made me go "Nah."

But yeah, might want to steer clear of that site in the future.

Last edited:
•••
Let me guess... Only payment option is crypto?

•••
•••
Yes :) Okay , I know I have been duped :)

Resting my case 😉

Don't feel bad. It happens. Unstoppable domains and the likes are cool stuff to play with and who knows what the future holds?

On the bright side, cryptosdns.com will now probably get indexed in Google preventing more people to get burned.

•••
Resting my case 😉

Don't feel bad. It happens. Unstoppable domains and the likes are cool stuff to play with and who knows what the future holds?

On the bright side, cryptosdns.com will now probably get indexed in Google preventing more people to get burned.
Not feeling bad my friend. Yesterday I got duped out of 70$ (including gas) and today I sold 2 hand regs not older than 6 months for $10.5k . Will report the sales when the money is in my account.

Last edited:
•••
Not feeling bad my friend. Yesterday I got duped out of 70$ (including gas) and today I sold 2 hand regs not older than 6 months for $10.5k . Will report the sales when the money is in my account. So there is a God !

Congrats on the sales! Good things happen to good people 😉

•••
Well fingers crossed. One domain is so fresh that I am begging the provider to unlock it for the transfer. Pity, if you and @jhm and I were in the same city I would invite you both for a wine dinner :)

Last edited:
•••
@Amit V I'm feeling the love, awh. Thanks buddy

•••
•••
I wanted to reg few blockchain names recently...but all u can get cheap is total crap..

forget this shite.

•••

Good luck all! Stay safe, free of scams.
Thanks to OP and everyone for exposing!

Report all Crypto Scams to Scam database;
(if 100% ABSOLUTELY sure. Esp scammed!

https://cryptoscamalert.com/

Samer

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back