Dynadot

question Is any domain with more than 2 words not worth buying?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

newdawndomains

Established Member
Impact
I was wondering what people who have been in domaining for a while think about investing in domains over two words in length? Intuitively, I feel it doesn't make sense to buy any domains that have more than two words that are relevant to one another, but I could be wrong. Has anyone made $1K on a domain that's 3+ words? I'm looking to only make $1K per domain, so I want to ensure I'm not wasting my money or time buying domains that won't achieve that metric.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I was wondering what people who have been in domaining for a while think about investing in domains over two words in length? Intuitively, I feel it doesn't make sense to buy any domains that have more than two words that are relevant to one another, but I could be wrong. Has anyone made $1K on a domain that's 3+ words? I'm looking to only make $1K per domain, so I want to ensure I'm not wasting my money or time buying domains that won't achieve that metric.
if its IAMROBOT.com thats nice but if its ROBOTISYOURS.COM its zero value..
three words are good if they make sense together
Examples :
CarAccidentAttorney is good
TheMovingCompany is good
DesignTheFuture.com is good

•••
There are a TON of 3 word and more domains that have been sold, actually even 4-word and 5-word.

3-words value less, on average half the 2-words average BUT there is still volume but smaller like 15% volume in comparison with 2-words.

You just have to get the right combination, see above example.

•••
As others have mentioned, the right combination of words can be desirable. They have to make sense together.

Also, with so many new extensions, sometimes a good 2-word domain with a new extension makes the 3-word domain with .com even better. (and vice versa)

For example (I do not own any of these)
  • new extension is .Shop
  • substitute the word Example with a word that makes sense - Car, Toy, Pet, etc...
  • The Example .Shop
  • the 3-word .Com might be better (The Example Shop .Com)

•••
is-any-domain-with-more-than-2-words-not-worth-buying

Hi

there are a lot of two word domains, that are not worth buying.

as well as some one words, that aren't worth buying

and.... some one worders, that really aren't words at all.

imo....

•••
Just found :

Thumbnailpicks.com for $1500 on godaddy.

•••
•••
if its IAMROBOT.com thats nice but if its ROBOTISYOURS.COM its zero value..
three words are good if they make sense together
Examples :
CarAccidentAttorney is good
TheMovingCompany is good
DesignTheFuture.com is good

Thank you :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
What happened when all the one word domains became more difficult to think of or find at a cheap price? I imagine more people started buying two word domains more. I imagine not very many people even bother to try to think of one word domains anymore. If you can think of a one word .com today that hasn't been taken, it's likely that it makes literally no since and is worthless. I've tried this and paid for it. Now I'm left with domain names that don't make any sense. Lol

I have a few 3 word domain names though, are they great? I don't know, but I used NameBio and Google Trends and the Google Search to help decide whether or not to get them... There are millions of searches for these 3 strings of words.

MostPopularIdeas.com had 2,970,000 search results without the .com
MostCreativeIdeas.com had 1,610,000 search results without the .com
MostPopularNiches.com had 142,000 Search results without the .com

I thought it was a good idea to try and get domains like this, could very well be just another bad idea I had made. We'll see in a year or less though if they sell! Wish me luck!

•••
Just found :

Thumbnailpicks.com for $1500 on godaddy.

This is a 2-word. Thumbnail is one word, albeit a composite one, but still a single word.

•••
Back