Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If Adam doesn't pay me back within the next day or so. I vow not to let this claim die done. I will go to every blogger industry person that knows Adam, his family, neighborhood and make sure they all know what he did.
As well as have legal charges and government charges against him.

•••
I don't think you have to be one of the victims to call things by its name. Adam Dicker is getting what he deserves... I don't think I would be satisfied just getting a refund. My advice to those affected by Adam is: stay calm, wait until you get paid, and then try to group together to pursue a class action. Get in touch with and attorney and let him figure out what's the best course of action in this particular scenario.

If nothing is done, I assure you that this won't be the last time we hear about him. These guys need to be taught the hard way.

Yes class action is definitely on the table here. That also would get a slam dunk for him in prison. I will also contact Howard Neu and John Berryhill if anything to make them aware of what's going on. In addition he would be responsible for attorney fees. I am also adding interest to my claim from date on invoices should I go to court.

Last edited:
•••
If all you folks file a Rip Off Report it'll be game over.... The best Rep Management companies in this world would take months and months to remove...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/

•••
I'm aware of a handful more. Some are owed a lot of money.

Shane,
I know you've gotten some flack in the beginning. But I want to personally thank you for being courageous and bringing this true story to light. Again strength in numbers and more evidence to get restitution and justice.

•••
Shane,
I know you've gotten some flack in the beginning. But I want to personally thank you for being courageous and bringing this true story to light. Again strength in numbers and more evidence to get restitution and justice.

Thanks for your kind words. :)

I'll do my best to get everything sorted.

•••
•••
•••
Yes class action is definitely on the table here. That also would get a slam dunk for him in prison. I will also contact Howard Neu and John Berryhill if anything to make them aware of what's going on. In addition he would be responsible for attorney fees. I am also adding interest to my claim from date on invoices should I go to court.

John Berryhill has defended Adam in many UDRP cases(they are buddies) so I'm pretty sure he already knows...

•••
It's not just one. If you perform a search, you will find tons of UDRP cases involving pretty obvious trademark infringements. I haven't seen that with any other well known domain investor. Interestingly enough those questionable domains are always under privacy...

trademark is more complex then common sense may tell you

have a look at -apple- trademark

well I guess you know the trademark owner

you are right -the beatles-

but you are right again
no problem for selling computers

oop
s --- itunes...

complex

Last edited:
•••
I will go to every blogger industry person that knows Adam, his family, neighborhood and make sure they all know what he did.

If you're willing to tell your story to everyone then why not start by telling your story here? That's the only way this thread is going to help you.

•••
If you're willing to tell your story to everyone then why not start by telling your story here? That's the only way this thread is going to help you.

I can only tell you at this point I was offered partnership on many websites. The deal was I pay for the sites, which I did. By the way, because of this blog I realized I was cheated much higher then 299 per site. Some of the sites I was charged in the thousands.

I was told that all the mentoring SEO SEM promoting would be done by Adam. I trusted him. Also offered partnership in his supposed Webcorp. Then nothing ever happened..All of a sudden I was ignored. And lots of false promises.. I realized nothing was happening so I stopped buying sites. Please note: I have great developers I work with. I didn't need websites built. I went on the sole purpose of Adam's offer to partner, mentor, etc. I went by what I thought from others was a solid reputation which obviously now I find out isn't the case.

Last edited:
•••
trademark is more complex then common sense - if you have some - may tell you

have a look at -apple- trademark

well I guess you know the trademark owner

you are right -the beatles-

but you are right again
no problem for selling computers

oop
s --- itunes...

complex

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. It doesn't take too much to do a research and see the type of names we're talking about on here. I'm gonna put you on my ignore list, just like your buddy Webinvestments.

•••
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. It doesn't take too much to do a research and see the type of names we're talking about on here. I'm gonna put you on my ignore list, just like your buddy Webinvestments.

thank you

•••
When I say contributions, I mean contributions to the domaining community. How he has shared information and knowledge. How he has helped domainers. Do we discount all of these just because one did wrong?

Since you have been giving me dislikes a couple of time, why don't you reveal who you are, and what vested interest you have in this?

By thinking that contributions means only paying back shows how narrow focus and determined you are to put down a man.

Taking thousands and thousands from people and not giving them what they paid for is not helping anybody.

•••
That's true but Adam was a go to guy for every domain conference made. He was a great bullsh*tter and could hold a room. It's not like he was busy actually delivering on any of the things he preached.

Anyone actually come forward as a happy client with a REAL site built by him???

The developer of the year without a single website example. Because everyone making sh*tty little mini sites insists they all sign NDAs rather then get free promotion. Ya right.

I can see the concern people associated with him Berkins, Cyger, Rick and others want this to go away but I think they'd do themselves a great service by saying they don't condone Adam Dickers behavior and make sure they are not interlinked with that bottom feeder.

I'd like to know who voted for him, were the votes real? And why did they select him.

•••
I don't think we've all seen the end of this controversy. Major-league domain players, like Rick Schwartz, have said wonderful things about Adam Dicker in the past, and that makes me wonder about his savvy. Yes, I know he has a great portfolio and lots of success selling and buying. After all, he was probably around when .coms were only reg'd by Network Solutions and a registrant had to fill out a piece of paper and mail it back to Netsol. But all that has little to do with whether or not he's known the truth about Dicker all along.

Considering his lack of participation here, and the lack of participation by others of that caliber, I wonder if they just don't know this thread exists, perhaps were unaware of Dicker's shortcomings, perhaps see nothing wrong with Dicker's brand of behavior, or perhaps are just laying low to see how it all shakes out.

Let's wake them up and get them to chime in. Then perhaps we'll know more about the puppet masters holding the strings.

Agree...Rick has always been policing unfair practices in domaining. I would loose complete respect for these guys if they thought this was acceptable behavior. They may not react publicly like Frank Schilling has done. But may confront him privately. But at least they will know what he did to us. also, the top domainer's have always worked hard to make sure the domain industry is well respected. This is definitely not in good reflection.

•••
In addition to my complaint, he clearly states some sites had the potential to make millions and thousands per month and he had very similar sites to mine he wanted to develop that were making thousands per month. I have proof these claims were made.

•••
I hope this ends with a good outcome for everyone involved.

To take away something positive (not trivializing those who lost money and time- hope you get at least the money back soon!), here are the lessons which I learned:
  1. Underpromising and overdelivering is the way to go when offering a service or product.
  2. Never forget rule# 1 when selling to a community consisting of members who are capable of wrecking your life with a single blog post!
  3. If you are the victim of a dubious investment, unless you watch the industry events very closely, you may never see your money again. Especially in situations like this.
On a lighter note (in a non-snarky way), at least Adam doesn't have to worry about his picture appearing on MugShots.com. One less thing to worry about. :-,

•••
Almost.. everything that has happened could have been done by his employees behind his back. This is a very busy man with numerous company's and projects on the go. He hires people to do certain jobs, and if they get upset with their boss like I am with my last employer, the cheap prick, its easy to manipulate, plant evidence, add pictures. People could have been signing up, money received, then the employees delete it, hide it away. To me this looks like a complete conspiracy. Did people get " ripped off?" Hell ya, but maybe alot of this was without Adam's knowledge. Deliberate act to hurt him, because a few employees werent happy. I am a tiny player in this business but I do know I could destroy a person pretty easily. My property manager for instance, but I have video's supporting what goes on upstairs. Is Adam innocent, maybe. A criminal, not until proven in a court of law. So maybe alot of this went on behind his back, then the emloyees leave, and all the truths? come out.
How much do you really know Jeff, or you just caught up in the feeding frenzy.

And thanks for saying you loved one of my names on your appraisal Adam.

For future reference here are a few awards mr Dicker has won

AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS

https://adamdicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ad.jpg

DOMAINING EUROPE 2015 INTERNATIONAL DOMAINER
In April 2015 during the Domaining Europe Conference Adam received the international domaining award from the hands of conference organizer Dietmar Steffitz.

https://adamdicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/domainer2014_150.png

T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2014 DOMAINER OF THE YEAR
During T.R.A.F.F.I.C. held in Miami in October 2014 Adam received the Domainer of the year 2014 award.

https://adamdicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/developer2014_150.jpg

T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2014 DEVELOPER OF THE YEAR
During T.R.A.F.F.I.C. held in Miama in October 2014 Adam received the Developer of the year 2014 award.

https://adamdicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/logistiklabs-300x52.png

20 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE
In the december 3 2007 feature of Logistic Labs article the 20 most influential people in the domain industry.

https://adamdicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/dicker_adam_hall_of_fame_square_150.png

T.R.A.F.F.I.C. HALL OF FAME
In 2011 Adam during T.R.A.F.F.I.C in Miami Adam was added to the Domain Hall of Fame.

Oh ni... I read that twice ....just to see if I get it. Man... Come on. Are you doing this to piss someone off? Oh no....
You said....Adam did not know... And people were paying and employees were deleting. Lets see then...

So in your pretty nice logic.. That means the employees had access to Adams accounts and could maybe even wothdraw money without Adams knowledge? So that means also, they will not be angry because by having access to his accounts then they could...well...pay themselves anf wont even wait and runafter Adam for months or even years?

I am flabbergasted by your explanation which is beyond lies. The fact that you posted Adams awards speaks volumes about your mental state to accurately judge a situation as drastic as this.

We all support and like someone but there is a line between blindly helping someone and actually admitting maybe someone you adore so well is well...after all..not saint.

You could indeed learn something in this regard from Michael Cyger...based on how he handled the situation.

This is the first time I used a tone like this in this thread cause simlly reading what you wrote made me just think that you are basically....the same as Adam.

Unbelievable. And I thought it was all behind us .

•••
They may not react publicly like Frank Schilling has done.

That would also be quite telling, especially since at least some of the accolades bestowed on Dicker were made publicly. If the positive is public, so should be the negative, in the interest of fairness. But hey, we'll see what unfurls in the coming days, weeks, etc.

Last edited:
•••
I've read every post and the only thing I will say is that a.d's behaviour is classically psychopathic !

Personable
Intelligent
Driven to be number 1
Controlling
Calculating
Manipulating
Daring
Etc etc

Not sure what degree he's at as it us measured in degrees but he shows all the signs.

Just my opinion of course for what its worth.

:xf.eek:

•••
I've read every post and the only thing I will say is that a.d's behaviour is classically psychopathic !

Personable
Intelligent
Driven to be number 1
Controlling
Calculating
Manipulating
Daring
Etc etc

Not sure what degree he's at as it us measured in degrees but he shows all the signs.

Your opinion is sadly not worth allot.. just like mine.... but i think i have to agree on most of it.

•••

Personable
Intelligent
Driven to be number 1
Controlling
Calculating
Manipulating
Daring
Etc etc

Would you include self-absorbed, sneaky, conniving, deceitful and immature as characteristics of someone who is "classically psychopathic?"

•••
I can confirm having tested that this explanation is feasible, you could have manually approved 125000 user accounts that haven't clicked a confirmation link in their email to confirm their registration.

Unfortunately this raises another question of ethics for me, by manually approving registrations which haven't been verified by the owner of the email address used aren't you potentially sending unsolicited email to many of them? The verification process exists for a reason, for the owner of the email account to confirm that they signed up for your service and consent to receiving your emails?

And I would have to question the wisdom of approving thousands of accounts which could have been created by spam bots!

Not to mention the fact that this would still give a dishonest reflection of the true number of real life members, if unverified accounts created by spam bots are approved then it is still an artificial inflation of true member numbers!
Double opt in is not nessisarily needed for sending emails to users that signed up for them, they signed up, but it is a good idea to allow the confirmation of emails. I have 1000 emails on one list, and 4000 on another, most did not confirm themself. But as for spam bots, for me, they would only be getting mail from me, not me from them. On DNF though, that could be a reason for spam content, so the mod team has to delete that spam.

As for "true numbers", who really cares, unless you plan on buying the forum and pay per member?

Last edited:
•••
This basically sums it up from Michael Cyger to Adam Dicker via skype message that was posted!!!

Quote:
"they include sponsors, people following the show, and sherpas"

There are people here supporting Adam yet happy to ignore Michael Cygers message. There are enough complaints from sponsors, those who follow Domain Sherpa and Sherpas. (Sherpas are professional domainers who Michael respects that have complained about Adam Dicker). There has been enough complaints that cant be ignored and that's why Adam was asked to leave!!!

[16:06:06] Michael Cyger: i do need to ask you to retire from the show. it pains me to ask you to do so, because you are a friend.

[16:06:38] Adam Dicker: ok I will do that

[16:06:50] Adam Dicker: can you let mw know any things as to why?

[16:07:26] Michael Cyger: let’s make the last show your last, please. i’ll tell people that you’re too busy to be on the show with all of your businesses. i know you are. it’s not a lie.

[16:07:44] Adam Dicker: ok I will go with that and announce it on the next show

[16:07:47] Adam Dicker: no problem

[16:08:43] Michael Cyger: i always defend you, adam, and give you the benefit of the doubt because there are always 2 sides to every story. but there are enough people that have come to me that I cannot ignore them. they include sponsors, people following the show, and sherpas. and i feel terrible not being able to give you specific details, but i feel like i’d be breaking their confidence. and, honestly, i don’t want to get in the middle and try to figure out all the details.

[16:08:59] Adam Dicker: ok

Adam would of had plenty of time to make up for it but it seems that there would have been too many complaints to instantly fix.

I haven't seen or read from one person who says they are happy with the work from nichewebsites.com and that their websites are making money as he has promised many times with great SEO included!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back