IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

AdamDicker.com is for sale too but it might not be related to this forum thread.

Sedo has a search option in advanced search that you can use to filter listings according to date added.

If you choose date added in the last 7 days, 12 hours, 12 months it does not show up on searches. If you choose time period "All" it does. According to this DNF was not listed within the last year.

So that might mean the listing was not added in the past 12 months. That could have been a bulk add from an entire domain portfolio. If you have many domains this might make sense.

•••
put in a post below

Last edited:
•••
Here's some fake testimonials on DCG.com

https://i.imgur.com/WeWXj2t.jpg

The misleading advertising and labelling provisions enforced by Canada's Competition Bureau prohibit making any deceptive representations for the purpose of promoting a product or a business interest, and encourage the provision of sufficient information to allow consumers to make informed choices.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/02776.html
http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/h_00019.html - File a complaint

>Bell Canada has been handed down a $1.25 million CAD ($970,719) fine by Canada's competition bureau after its employees posted fake reviews of Bell apps.
http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/15/bell-canada-review-fine/

>1. In Canada, false testimonials can be challenged under the Competition Act (the “Act”) where they are either literally false or misleading – i.e., under the general civil or criminal misleading advertising provisions of the Act.
http://www.canadianadvertisinglaw.com/testimonials

•••
Waiting, waiting, waiting...

•••
Interesting info in another thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-the-f-ck-is-wrong-with-this-industry.884457/page-2#post-5051894 about Adam Dickers next project seoborkers.ca, no sorry that's seobrokers.ca, which is making some really wild claims - I wonder if the other parties named on the site are real and if they are real do they know they are there, and if so what do they know about Adam Dicker their CEO?

They are Eric Nester, President and Robert Bibb CTO

Hmm... is blackwood.productions the same company?
https://i.imgur.com/3GcfIhK.png

•••
I have to say this didnt play out the way I thought it was going to.
I apologize to SB for my earlier posts.

Peace,
Cy

•••
I have to say this didnt play out the way I thought it was going to.
I apologize to SB for my earlier posts.

Peace,
Cy

No worries. :)

•••
Shane, can we get this thread back on topic.

It is currently almost 5pm on Friday in Toronto, have any of the victims been given the refund that they were promised today, like they were promised? As far as you are aware?

•••
Shane, can we get this thread back on topic.

It is currently almost 5pm on Friday in Toronto, have any of the victims been given the refund that they were promised today, like they were promised? As far as you are aware?

I don't know of anyone who's been paid.

•••
DCG.com is down now or he's editing something...

•••
I don't know of anyone who's been paid.

DCG.com is down now or he's editing something...

Increasingly looking like a Toby Clements situation. Makes me wonder just how big this situation is, and whether he's getting out of the game with some assets whilst he can.

Shane has only recorded $33,000 worth of debts. If that was the full extent of his problems he wouldn't be dismantling his own empire one business at a time. Webcorp gone, NicheWebsites gone, DCG.com potentially gone. All for $33000 of claims?

How much more is there to come that we don't know about here, because $33000 of outstanding debts shouldn't be an insolvency situation when you own a domain like DNF that you could liquidate, comfortably worth $50k to any high profile domainer at liquidation prices, I'd love to know the true extent of this, I suspect the only person who knows is the person reading the emails sent to [email protected]

So, if there is a part 2, then no refunds today means that this can be published now?

•••
Increasingly looking like a Toby Clements situation. Makes me wonder just how big this situation is, and whether he's getting out whilst he can.

Shane has only recorded $33,000 worth of debts. If that was the full extent of his problems he wouldn't be dismantling his own empire one business at a time. Webcorp gone, NicheWebsites gone, DCG.com potentially gone. All for $33000 of claims?

How much more is there to come that we don't know about here, because $33000 of outstanding debts shouldn't be an insolvency situation when you own a domain like DNF that you could liquidate, comfortably worth $50k to any high profile domainer at liquidation prices, I'd love to know the true extent of this, I suspect the only person who knows is the person reading the emails sent to [email protected]

I believe I know of 40k but 7.5k of it hasn't been confirmed by that person. I just know "money is owed."

•••
Another development...

twitter account protected

•••
TheArtOfTheName.com has gone, and now for sale at Sedo, is that a new development or has somebody already pointed that out? .

•••
TheArtOfTheName.com has gone, and now for sale at Sedo, is that a new development or has somebody already pointed that out? .

That's new.

Looks like everything is coming down.

Kind of crazy.

•••
That's new.

Kind of crazy.

He is like, literally doing a Toby Clements over $40k of debt. I'm shocked.

Although you have been fully vindicated in starting this thread if that's what he is doing.

•••
That's new.

Kind of crazy.

Hi artofthename started going to Sedo yesterday morning afaik - mentioned it then https://www.namepros.com/threads/an...ted-by-enaming-com.877829/page-2#post-5054119

Maybe he can't pay the hosting bills, and the names may already have been used as collateral. Or he is under investigation for fraud and just erasing all businesses and evidence - the cops may already have bought from him to make a case against him.

Bet you someone has already made a list of which tax havens do not have an extradition treaty with Canada or the US and maybe bought a plane ticket.

I really hope people get paid and those who can do chargebacks now - I think the credit cards payout if the seller is insolvent, but not sure if that applies to chargbacks or Paypal - can anyone confirm?

Also is nichewebsites.com an incorporated company or just a trading name of Adam Dicker?

Last edited:
•••
You get 180 days with paypal, or at least 120 days with your card. Yes they pay out even if the other party has no funds. Not sure about the rules with paypal and digital services though, bank is the best bet.

•••
•••
I'm shocked. What's going on.

Well, from what I gather, instead of swiftly issuing refunds to those with a valid complaint, and explaining quite clearly which ones he won't refund and why, then issuing a well crafted statement utilizing his PR skills to quickly douse out the flames.... he has...
  • Dragged his feet whilst promising people that refunds would be made today, and not followed through on that commitment.
  • Closed his NicheWebsites.com business
  • Closed his DCG.com business
  • Shut down his artofthename.com blog with its 3 years of content
  • Made all of his tweets 'protected'
I am also shocked.

Well to be more accurate, I'm not the slightest bit shocked that he has fallen through on his promises to refund, but I am shocked that he is doing a disappearing act like Toby Clements and that makes me naturally curious as to why.

Possibly is actually insolvent, or is cutting his losses and running, or a futile attempt at covering up his tracks (which in fairness, would work if it weren't for the waybackmachine and this thread).

Last edited:
•••
With these empty promises he was simply trying to buy time to destroy/shut down all possible evidence on his side, as far as possible.. so it seems..

•••
•••
Well, from what I gather, instead of swiftly issuing refunds to those with a valid complaint, and explaining quite clearly which ones he won't refund and why, then issuing a well crafted statement utilizing his PR skills to quickly douse out the flames.... he has...
  • Dragged his feet whilst promising people that refunds would be made today, and not followed through on that commitment.
  • Closed his NicheWebsites.com business
  • Closed his DCG.com business
  • Shut down his artofthename.com blog with its 3 years of content
  • Made all of his tweets 'protected'
I am also shocked.

Well to be precise, I'm not the slightest bit shocked that he has fallen through on his promises to refund, but I am shocked that he is doing a disappearing act like Toby Clements.

I may catch some flack for this statement... but...

If F.S.may not have needed "HIS" money so fast, perhaps the smaller players would have been compensated sooner. IMHO "if he knew" some little guys were in a worse situation than him, he could have worked out a deal with A.D. for payments and or a names transfer allowing others in less fortunate situations to be made whole sooner if at all.

Just a thought.

I don't know the percentages of businesses that carry debt with other companies... but I am more than sure it's quite a big part of doing business.

But as it's a business... business is business.

Please... I am not defending anyone, merely stating how a different scenario could have played out.

These are my opinions and yours may vary,,, and that's ok. ;)

Regards,

WPM

•••
Nothing can excuse lying to people, which is what Adam Dicker has done when he said that people would be refunded by today. Stop trying to make excuses for him, all he has done time and time again is tell lies.

And if he has no cash but owes money to people then why does DNF not have a FOR SALE banner at the top?

Last edited:
•••
[email protected] emails don't bounce...yet.
But is anyone getting replies from it?

I may catch some flack for this statement... but...

If F.S.may not have needed "HIS" money so fast, perhaps the smaller players would have been compensated sooner. IMHO "if he knew" some little guys were in a worse situation than him, he could have worked out a deal with A.D. for payments and or a names transfer allowing others in less fortunate situations to be made whole sooner if at all.

Just a thought.

:rolleyes: ...and let's not forget IF is the biggest word in the dictionary.... Good f-ing Grief..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back