Domain Empire

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What was sold :)

Or do we have to go to your blog to read about it in a few days/weeks *rolls eyes*

Adam sold ejuicerefill.com just on October 18th. Hope that everyones needs for a refund.

•••
•••
As can be expected I shared this information on the DNFCollege facebook page and was removed within 24 hours...tsk tsk. Least I was able to warn some of the people and maybe just maybe it will save someones money etc.

***Also #Adam.Dicker if you read this please go ahead and close my account on DNF as well...save me the hassle.***

•••
@Dadster
Adam made a sale to cover the debts.

See, if this is true and refunds do materialise shortly, as a result of an asset being liquidated, then this is really really frustrating, because I gave Adam Dicker a big get out clause very early on in this thread and stated quite clearly that if he is having cashflow problems then to simply admit so and that there would probably be members of this forum willing to advise him or help him out. 'Adam Dicker the criminal', sounds a hell of a lot worse than 'Adam Dicker the big time domainer who ran out of cash'.

The way that this has been handled from this side from a PR perspective has been shambolic from somebody with a name in 'reputation management'. Not that it would excuse him or make me think any better of him, it would still leave so many questions unanswered, but he could have played this so much more smoothly for damage limitation, the guy could have spun this whole charade in that direction very early on and simply requested time and patience to overcome his liquidity issues, stated what his plan of action was, hell he could even have flipped a few LLLL.com's on namepros to show he was liquidating. Then he could have gone quiet for a year and then released the ebook "How I nearly went broke and turned it all around".

Instead he has denied liquidity problems, promised refunds which haven't materialised, and gone AWOL. So excuse me whilst I remain pessimistic and cynical, and doubtful that he is actually going to remedy rather than using more delaying tactics.

This whole thing has been like an A-Z of how not to react to a crisis. Just being frank and saying that he is short of cash and need to have a business restructure and dispose of some assets is a much more respectable way of buying time than pretending you have the cash and then making more commitments that you can't keep. I'd loved to have been given the opportunity to advise him on his PR strategy here, early on, he'd have come out of this with a bit more respect than he has now.

I watched this earlier and made me think of Adam Dicker and his crumbling empire....

Last edited:
•••
A few good things I have noticed as of late.

1. Good to have Adam supporters. They have been the main driving force on keeping this thread alive and spreading awareness of this post.
2. Good to see that Adam has not given everyone the short end of the stick.
3. Seems the people that are supporters of Adam are the ones that are still vested with Adam and still have something to loose.

George - Business Relationship
Rick - Vice President of WebCorp.
Frank / Filter - Still thinks that Unicorn websites will make mass money selling lollipops to little girls... Online.

I have nothing vested with Adam - and am using Namepros now more than DNF. But I posted a few pages ago in support, just because he had always been a good guy during the years I used DNF exclusively. However there does seem to be a lot of issues, and I feel bad for everyone. I just wish it would al get resolved.

Someone said they saw the domain DNF for sale - and I could have sworn I pulled up the broker page, but now I cant remember where that was. I thought it was Sedo but right now it does not appear to be so. Anyone know anything about this?

If people are owed money and its not being resolved they should just get a lawyer instead of posting and posting on a forum.

Kevin

•••
... Kaplan, who hasn’t returned to the old neighborhood since he went off to fight in Vietnam, returns during a business trip to find everything on Kotler Avenue changed. When once there was Edelstein’s Delicatessen, there is now a McDonald’s; where

Fleischman’s Dry Cleaning (One-Hour Martinizing) used to be, a nail salon and spa now is; where Ginsberg’s Department Store was, there is now a Gap. Nothing is the same, except for the narrow storefront of Klonsky’s Shoe Repair, which, dimly lit as ever, is still in business.

As Kaplan passes the shop, he recalls—such are the quirks of memory that he does not know how—that just before he was drafted to go off to Vietnam, he had left a pair of shoes with Mr. Klonsky that he never bothered to pick up. Could they, he wonders, possibly still be there?

A small bell tinkles as he enters the dark shop. Mr. Klonsky, who seemed old 40 years ago, shuffles out from the back. He is hunched over, wearing a leather apron, one eye all but closed.

“Excuse me, Mr. Klonsky,” Kaplan says, “but I used to live in this neighborhood, and 40 years ago I left a pair of shoes with you for repair that I never picked up. Is there any chance you might still have them?”

Klonsky stares at him and, in his strong greenhorn’s accent, asks, “Vas dey black vingtips?”

“They were indeed,” Kaplan only now recalls.

“And you vanted a halv sole, mid rubber heels?”

“Yes,” says Kaplan. “That’s exactly what I wanted.”

“And you vanted taps on the heels only?”

“Yes, yes,” says Kaplan. “Amazing! Do you still have them?”

Mr. Klonsky looks up at him, his good eye asquint, and says, “Dey’ll be ready Vendesday.”...

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/enter-laughing-the-shoemaker-joke/

•••
If people are owed money and its not being resolved they should just get a lawyer instead of posting and posting on a forum.

Many people can't afford to hire a lawyer. There is also the possible complication that it would need to be a Canadian lawyer.

•••

+10000...

•••
Many people can't afford to hire a lawyer. There is also the possible complication that it would need to be a Canadian lawyer.

If they group together in a class action, the money is less of a problem. And there's plenty of people involved...

•••

Honestly, if they are still waiting for Adam Dicker to refund them all, they are wasting the time... as simple as that.

•••
If they group together in a class action, the money is less of a problem. And there's plenty of people involved...

What if they are summoned to court to testify, in Toronto, are they going to get their flight and hotel costs refunded?

•••
What if they are summoned to court to testify, in Toronto, are they going to get their flight and hotel costs refunded?

Adam would pay for expenses if found guilty... that's how it works.

•••

Most likely, it would be Adam the one moving on to the US if those affected bye him file a lawsuit in the US. It doesn't matter if he is canadian, the law allows you to file a lawsuit against him in your own jurisdiction.

Last edited:
•••
See, if this is true and refunds do materialise shortly, as a result of an asset being liquidated, then this is really really frustrating, because I gave Adam Dicker a big get out clause very early on in this thread and stated quite clearly that if he is having cashflow problems then to simply admit so and that there would probably be members of this forum willing to advise him or help him out.

I wouldn't take what Adam says at face value. He has a history of buying himself time either by giving people hope or appealing to their greed.

•••
I am gonna take the time to answer the posts original question once and for all. No he is not a criminal. Before the hate messages come I will explain why. Here in America to be a criminal you must go to court and be convicted one by a judge or a jury of your peers. He hasn't gone to any court and as the law states you are innocent until proven guilty by a judge or jury of your peers.

•••
I think any lawsuits brought against corporate entities of his would have to be settled in the legal jurisdiction of the entity itself, as typically stated in T&C of a site.

•••
You're probably right...I would be seen with Adam Dicker @ Namescon because I strongly believe everyone is worth a second chance. If the tables were turned you would be glad for people like me...because I would extend the same hospitality to you as well. #AbundantGrace
See you at Namecon Bro!!

Didn't he already have a second chance after the Go Daddy brouhaha?

Does he deserve a third chance?

Well, only you can decide that for yourself, but I'm seeing a trend here.

•••
I am gonna take the time to answer the posts original question once and for all. No he is not a criminal. Before the hate messages come I will explain why. Here in America to be a criminal you must go to court and be convicted one by a judge or a jury of your peers. He hasn't gone to any court and as the law states you are innocent until proven guilty by a judge or jury of your peers.

Criminal - a person who has committed a crime.

Convict - declare (someone) to be guilty of a criminal offense by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law.

•••
•••
I think any lawsuits brought against corporate entities of his would have to be settled in the legal jurisdiction of the entity itself, as typically stated in T&C of a site.

There has been an unanswered question here as to whether nichewebsites.com was incorporated in Canada. Apparently not, according to the government website: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cd-dgc.nsf/eng/cs05207.html

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpSrch.html?locale=en_CA is the search page, and returns no results for NicheWebsites. Presumably it is a trading name of Adam Dicker?

Who did people actually pay to for nichewebsites.com? Your records will show that name and presumably also location of payee. Nichewebsites.com gave a landline number that is traceable to a name and address in NY, but that may not be actual. Were they breaking the law by not having a physical address on the website?

But it seems people dealt with other staff of nichewebsites.com who are physically located in the USA, giving nichewebistes.com a USA presence.

Attachments

• adamdicker_nichewebsites_scam.png
    adamdicker_nichewebsites_scam.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 37
•••

Not necessarily, if he conducts business in your own jurisdiction... that gives you the right to file a claim in your own country. Victims should confirm this with a legal counsel but I'm almost certain that they are within their right to file a claim in the US.

•••
I've seen no one that wouldn't be wasting their hard earned money "even further" to file a lawsuit within this thread. Unfortunate but JMO looking in.

•••
I've seen no one that wouldn't be wasting their hard earned money "even further" to file a lawsuit within this thread. Unfortunate but JMO looking in.

I should think that anybody who has been promised a refund in writing, but subsequently not received one, has an open and shut case.

•••
I should think that anybody who has been promised a refund in writing but subsequently not received one has an open and shut case.

I agree Pug, but you have to look at the legal process. From what I've seen, a person that has lost a few hundred dollars will spend more in attorney fees to fight their loss. Is it worth it? I'm not sure but I'd say no.

I recently spent money on a site, the operator fell through, didn't cover hosting etc.. Did I sue him, not, waste of time and money.

•••
I should think that anybody who has been promised a refund in writing but subsequently not received one has an open and shut case.

And it is free to report issues to law enforcement, professional bodies, affiliates, payment operators, hosting companies, Facebook, and broadcast media - and this helps protect people in future.

And it is free to ask for rewards to be rescinded and refuse participation in anything that has not rescinded any Adam Dicker award or is associated with him.

Re Dicker buying comments on Fiverr - some of those may now be hard to come by since Amazon is suing over 1000 such accounts:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/18/amazon-sues-fiverr-based-fake-reviewers/

Amazon isn't just content to chase down the larger outfits offering fake reviews on its store... it's pursuing individuals, too. The internet retailer has sued 1,144 people who used Fiverr's gig marketplace to peddle bogus Amazon reviews. They're only mentioned in the lawsuit by their user names, but it's clear that Amazon wants to get their real info from Fiverr's logs. Moreover, it suspects that there's more to the story than some unscrupulous writing -- it wants these sellers' client lists.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back