Domain Empire

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You don't lose a trophy - but you don't get any stickers for your trapper-keeper.

Trapper-keeper?

For the record it ws a joke because of a dislike on one of my comments.

I thought it was funny...

•••
I wanted to contribute a few screenshots of things I think are either ironic or something that should be added to the conversation:

Linkedin Profile:
jidpBu.jpg

~Ironic he has so many developers....

DickerMedia.com:

~Our number ONE priority is helping you build your Business, not just putting up websites that visitors will never find. .....is he kidding?

RipOffReport.com:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adam-...m-Adam-Dicker-nichewebsitescom-and-ad-1259933

Just wanted to add some information I have a bit more digging to do but this is literally a rabbit hole of scams, lies, etc.

------------------
I also wanted to add that I almost paid for a website development based on adam dickers reputation. I luckily did some research before going forward and thus saved myself $3k....I hope all involved get their money back....will do my best to help others and expose any information that I can gather.

Attachments

• sLphcP.jpg
    sLphcP.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 22
•••
Interesting that ALL interviews on Domain Sherpa that had Dicker in it have been removed. Only 3 portfolio reviews are left on Cyger's site.

•••
Interesting that ALL interviews on Domain Sherpa that had Dicker in it have been removed. Only 3 portfolio reviews are left on Cyger's site.

As I said before, he's just shielding himself in case things proceed down a legal path. I don't know if you guys realize how difficult and compromised is the position he is in. Don't forget that he's been advertising NW for years and that makes him legally liable. Of course we all know that he had no idea on what was going on but still he would have to prove it in court.

•••

I feel badly for Michael. Content is his business. I cant imagine what a tough position he's been put in, both professionally and personally.

•••
As I said before, he's just shielding himself in case things proceed down a legal path. I don't know if you guys realize how difficult and compromised is the position he is in. Don't forget that he's been advertising NW for years and that makes him legally liable. Of course we all know that he had no idea on what was going on but still he would have to prove it in court.

I can't speak for Michael but I can speak for myself. It sucks that we record hours and hours of shows and they can't be shown. But he has an image and integrity to uphold and having Adam on there may give new readers and listeners the wrong impression. That Adam is someone you want to do business with.

Its not legal its ethics. We all know Adam has to go. The difference is Mike's show has a lot of Adam that has to go and we all suffer. There is a lot of good stuff on those shows. It's most of the reason I'm so pissed. I gave up a lot of my free time to make those shows. All in part to help my career, Mike's show, and to help others learn from my opinion. And Adam f'd that up

•••
I can't speak for Michael but I can speak for myself. It sucks that we record hours and hours of shows and they can't be shown. But he has an image and integrity to uphold and having Adam on there may give new readers and listeners the wrong impression. That Adam is someone you want to do business with.

Its not legal its ethics. We all know Adam has to go. The difference is Mike's show has a lot of Adam that has to go and we all suffer. There is a lot of good stuff on those shows. It's most of the reason I'm so pissed. I gave up a lot of my free time to make those shows. All in part to help my career, Mike's show, and to help others learn from my opinion. And Adam f'd that up

I see Cyger as a victim in all this (and after your post, anybody who featured in videos alongside him), I'm happy that he has done the right thing in removing the content to protect the numerous newbies who people refer to DomainSherpa to learn. He comes out of this entire episode very well in my opinion, losing that much content will be a setback for him but people will remember the classy way he has personally dealt with this episode, so it should be of net benefit to him in the long run.

Last edited:
•••
Cyger's site became popular not because of the regular interviews but because of the portfolio reviews. So yeah it sucks he had to remove all that content but his site became very popular because of the Dicker videos so in my opinion he's gained more than he's lost.

•••
I respect Domain Sherpa for doing what needed to be done and I'm sure that it was an incredibly difficult decision to make. It speaks volumes to Michael's credibility and character. I will be a bigger follower than ever, and I'm sure that his interviews and shows will remain a favourite resource for everyone in the industry.

•••
I'm wondering if Michael would've pulled the videos if this hadn't gone public? If I remember right, didn't Michael say in his conversation with Adam that he wasn't going to mention this to others because of his being friends with Adam? That he was going to tell others Adam was too busy to carry on as a Sherpa, instead of the actual reasons? Or did I read that wrong in the conversation posted previously? (I took a quick look for the conversation transcript, but couldn't find it. Was it removed?)

If it hadn't been for Shane (Bellone) starting this thread, I wouldn't have yet known about this. Thanks, Shane. (Maybe you should start your own Sherpa show. I'll sign up - to watch.) :)

•••
I'm wondering if Michael would've pulled the videos if this hadn't gone public?

We have no idea how much he knew, remember that you are asking this with the benefit of 88 pages of discussion and direct accounts from 18 victims on namepros, plus extensive discussion on the comments section of two blogs, and having seen Adam Dicker fail to rectify his wrongs after 13 calendar days. It is highly likely that the extent of this issue was not known to Cyger when he made the decision to drop him from Domain Sherpa.

The answer to your question is probably "no", because if it hadn't of gone public he'd wouldn't have realised the full extent of the problems. Just like everybody else. I suspect even Shane didn't know how big this would get, or anticipate the outcomes.

Last edited:
•••
Just thought of regging AdamDickerSucks.com.... Damn... That domain is already registered by him...

Well..he know what he's up to....he deserves that domain anyway... ;)

•••
AdamDicker.sucks is available at 200$ per year, even Adam Dicker domains are a rip off.

•••
By the way, since "Adam" is not here anymore, is this where we're all supposed to fight with each other to keep the audience entertained? ;);)

I'm sure he is reading the posts.

Adam Dicker was last seen: Yesterday at 11:57 AM

•••
WPM,

You are a perfect example of someone that doesn't know what they are doing. You say you have 1,000 domains and have been domain investing for 10 years and you don't have enough names in a portfolio that big to drum up $10,000 or more? You need Adam Dicker to help you?

Domain Investing has been EZPZ if you paid attention to the market of domains. You could have essentially purchased anything 6 letters or numbers and under and made tens of thousands of dollars if you have been investing that long. You almost couldn't get it wrong. I completely screwed up from 2007 to 2009 and still managed to turn $1000 into six figures....in my spare time. And it was EZPZ.

That's where so many people make a mistake. Who cares how many domains you have. The importance is the quality. And if you can't liquidate half your portfolio for some amount of money then your portfolio needs addressing. A broker only maximizes your sale price. You shouldn't need one to help you sell it.

Synopsis: WPM you're doing it wrong and you actually do need to watch some of DomainSherpa's interviews. Some is BS but there is a lot of good data and info there.

Shane, when are you setting up EZPZ Domain College, because I'll be glad to sign up right away?

•••
I'm wondering if Michael would've pulled the videos if this hadn't gone public? If I remember right, didn't Michael say in his conversation with Adam that he wasn't going to mention this to others because of his being friends with Adam? That he was going to tell others Adam was too busy to carry on as a Sherpa, instead of the actual reasons? Or did I read that wrong in the conversation posted previously? (I took a quick look for the conversation transcript, but couldn't find it. Was it removed?)

If it hadn't been for Shane (Bellone) starting this thread, I wouldn't have yet known about this. Thanks, Shane. (Maybe you should start your own Sherpa show. I'll sign up - to watch.) :)

Let's not forget that six days prior to Shane writing the blog & posting on NamePros about Adam running a shady business, Michael & Adam were both at the Domain Conference in Fort Lauderdale on September 29th where panel members including Michael gave the "Developer Of The Year" award to Adam.

How long prior to that conference did Michael know about Adam's dirty dealings? Why didn't Michael step up and bring to light the accusations of others against Adam to the conference panel?

Business as usual...welcome to the dog & pony show.
https://i.imgur.com/hYY6FhS.jpg

•••
•••
Let's not forget that six days prior to Shane writing the blog & posting on NamePros about Adam running a shady business, Michael & Adam were both at the Domain Conference in Fort Lauderdale on September 29th where panel members including Michael gave the "Developer Of The Year" award to Adam.

How long prior to that conference did Michael know about Adam's dirty dealings? Why didn't Michael step up and bring to light the accusations of others against Adam to the conference panel?

Business as usual...welcome to the dog & pony show.
https://i.imgur.com/hYY6FhS.jpg

Dicker "retired" from DomainSherpa around 12 Aug 2015
http://domaingang.com/domain-news/retired-adam-dicker-leaves-the-domainsherpa-show/

The published conversation between Michael Cyger and Adam Dicker in which Cyger refers to the numerous complaints received about Dicker's business activities was at least a week before that, probably longer. So at the latest in July 2015 Cyger knew of the problems. Presumably the whole time nichewebsites continued making sales and chargeback deadlines were passing.

As said before, a single factual blogpost - even an anonymous one - about Dicker's numbers and claims could have cracked this open years ago and saved a lot of money and heartbreak.

It could have been titled Is Dicker Dyslexic? and humorously looked at the hard-to-reconcile figures Dicker presented - claiming businesses existed years before the domains were registered, inflated DNF membership figures, claimed number of conference appearances, claimed number of clients, optimistic or unverified traffic or monetisation figures - all of which have been actually documented in this thread and amount to maybe an hour's work on the internet to find. One or two mistakes by Dicker might be forgivable, but documenting a long list of false claims would be impossible to ignore.

So why did no one tell us? Why did no one ask questions?

And what mechanism does Facebook have for reporting fraudulent solicitations?

Last edited:
•••
Who are the others there?
Howard Neu and his son Ray. They are the founders of The Domain Conference. Howard was Rick Schwartz partner in the TRAFFIC conferences before Rick retired.

•••

Everything would have remained under the carpet if Shane Bellone hadn't brought all this to light.

•••
•••
To the victims, I think the strategy now seems to be to wait in the slight hope that Dicker will go back to repaying you. I think it's the wrong way to go. How many more broken promises will it take? Time is on Dicker's side not yours. As someone else suggested, file claims for chargebacks with your bank and/or paypal if you're still within the time parameters.

For everyone past the chargeback deadline, it's time to report this to law enforcement. If you are in the US, report this to the FBI internet crime center. As many victims are spread out over several states and with the perp residing in another country, the FBI, being a federal agency and connected to other countries' law enforcement agencies, have the best resources to investigate him and hopefully freeze his assets. They also being a federal agency need time to do this. Get the ball rolling now. He's already moved many of his domains to Uniregistrar which is offshore. I believe this is why he owed Schilling the 5-figure debt. He has friends in Europe that he can possibly move some assets to if necessary.

Assuming his debts to victims are into the 6-figures, selling Rams.com and DCG.com would cover everyone. So he has the ability to repay but I guarantee you he won't unless absolutely forced to. He's been given more than enough time to live up to his word. Stop relying on an internet forum. Real Shane, Fake Shane, Part 2, etc will only push him into hiding. Publicly outing him has only worked to a small extent. It's like using a fly swatter on an elephant. You should know who you are up against by now. Your destiny is in your own hands.

Last edited:
•••
I don't get it - all the reference to the mysterious Part II? So, it now appears he didn't follow up like he said he would. Surprise, surprise. Those that lost money or got shoddy product from him, 'probably won't' get their money back? Well if you wait months and years and several hundred unanswered emails later you can be pretty sure you will never see a refund or satisfaction. It obvious - the guy is avoiding you and in all likeliehood will continue to do the same until Hell feezes over.... Isn't there a Better Business Bureau in Canada? One should at the very least lodge a complaint - if it is fraud contact the local police.....

So where is part 2 and what are you waiting for? Godot?

•••
You made a point of ticking down the hours and minutes - result of promised time coming to an ending - appears to be nada - ergo - follow through and publish part 2.

•••
You made a point of ticking down the hours and minutes - result of promised time coming to an ending - appears to be nada - ergo - follow through and publish part 2.

lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back