Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

NameSilo
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not sure if he owed you money... but had he not have to pay another millionaire first... you may have been whole by now.

All I am pointing out is that "carrying debt or credit" between businesses is common practice and it should have been last on the list so the little guy got paid first.

Considering Adam has done interviews where he has said he's a multi-millionaire and has a portfolio of domains worth over $200,000,000 dollars, how is him having to pay another millionaire $xx,xxx that he is owed have anything to do with him not having enough money in the bank to pay back those who are looking for a smaller amount of $xxx-$xxxx to be refunded. It's all chump change to Adam.

At 26:30 (or 11 minutes and 9 seconds into the convo)....
Interviewer: You made boatloads of money and I think you had said you were worth $200 million
Adam: My portfolio was evaluated at that awhile ago but it's worth more now.

https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/better-know-a-millionaire-with-adam-dicker/
-July 2015

•••
I paid him $3,000 fourteen months ago for a site that he was confident would produce $1500 to $2000 monthly within a few months of his build completion. A completion that he said would take 3 to 4 weeks,

This is not over promising. This shouts scam to me.

•••
As far as I know, no one got paid.
Nope, just more delays. I've been talking with many leaders in the domain industry and although they haven't spoken out publicly, they have expressed to me their anger at such shameful behavior.

•••
I was not paid anything this week, nor did I have any contact with Adam, nor did he respond to my Skype inquiry. I am very disappointed, but not terribly surprised. Had it been resolved, I would have refrained from stirring the waters, but I can no longer lie to myself that this will ever be settled in a professional way.

I paid him $3,000 fourteen months ago for a site that he was confident would produce $1500 to $2000 monthly within a few months of his build completion. A completion that he said would take 3 to 4 weeks, but is still not near completion over a year later. I chased him over and over and over and, when finally getting him on Skype, he would be apologetic, usually telling me that his employees weren't performing, that he was restructuring (and bigger than the last time) and that he would *now* focus on my project. Only, of course, that literally *nothing* would be done weeks later and the cycle would repeat.

I can tell you that I was afraid to say anything ... Adam was "bigger than life" in the domaining world. I thought often of going to Michael Cyger (whose interviews I always thought were very well done and he seemed like a genuine guy) or a couple others, but was concerned that: (a) perhaps they were all in a big scam together and I'd be ignored or shunned; (b) perhaps they weren't in it, but as such good friends (as it seemed), they would never believe me and I'd be ignored or shunned; (c) word would get to Adam and that would absolutely close the door on getting the work done or my money back. Or, of course, option (d) which was that I was the problem -- after all, if he was so popular and in the limelight and winning awards for "domain development", he must be delivering for everyone else.

When he called for "partners" in his new businesses, I was already too concerned about him and didn't volunteer. Even so, he personally invited me to be a partner on one of our "what's going on" calls. I basically ignored the suggestion. However, he still put me on the list of people that were "in the circle". I participated mildly in some of the startup conversations, but avoided getting pulled in deeper. I wanted to reach out to a couple people that were "all in" to see if they knew about what seemed to be going on, but I was afraid that they were so tied to Adam as a savior that they would report my "attitude" to Adam and I'd be "out of his good graces" -- never get my site nor my money.

In spite of that, I did FB message Rick W tentatively to see how the "partnership" was working. I wanted to tell him of my experience as a client, but I was feeling him out an inch at a time. I asked if Adam had given him a contract so it was understood what he would get out of the partnership. His response was defensive -- no contract, but it was "all too early", "looked like it was going to be MUCH bigger returns than originally thought, so had to re-think the structure" (paraphrased), and "why did I even ask such a question"? I brushed that off with an explanation of just wanting to understand how the partnership worked, and ended the conversation. I didn't look like he would have believed anything I'd told him about Adam, anyway, and it appears that he has recently doubled-down on his relationship with Adam, damaging his own reputation in the process.

I was a classic sucker, thinking the king was altruistic, showing an interest (and doing a favor) for me, the lowly peasant. I excitedly told so many people about how great Adam was and how lucky I was to be one of the "small group" that Adam was mentoring. I told them that my super-site would be up in several weeks (how embarrassing when they still ask about how it's going), while telling my wife that the $3K we had managed to save towards a career change was in good hands. I have to say that she has been much better about this than she should be (I am blessed!), but I am ashamed for falling for all of Adam's fake reputation, lies, deception, broken promises, false humility and insincere niceness. I often think of the heart-string video he did telling us about how proud his father was of his natural business abilities -- that was a stroke of genius, showing a very human, vulnerable Adam -- one that I don't believe really exists.

If you want to see a $3K site (which he said would be more like a $5K site due to the discount that DN College folks and I, in particular, were receiving), check out SurvivalHandbook (dot) com.

Whenever I am so tempted again, I'll just review my Skype transcripts and audio recordings of his broken promises on our calls and I won't override my know-better policies of "get a contract", "pay only for a milestone at a time" and "seek legal counsel no later than the second failed promise that isn't made right".

--GR
Very well said and my experience too.

•••
Considering Adam has done interviews where he has said he's a multi-millionaire and has a portfolio of domains worth over $200,000,000 dollars, how is him having to pay another millionaire $xx,xxx that he is owed have anything to do with him not having enough money in the bank to pay back those who are looking for a smaller amount of $xxx-$xxxx to be refunded. It's all chump change to Adam.

I wonder is it possible that he is not the real owner of all these domains and/or money?
What is the word for that people?

•••

Rather than [USER=963507]@PugDomains
who always have something new to fire up this thread, and not to mention umask077 who just loves to disagree with everyone, and obviously not like few others who just don't want to solve things rather than stretching them long.

[/USER]

I'll like your posts when you have anything constructive to say. All you do is cry for your buddy Adam, without facing the facts... Look at Pug for example, every comment he makes is beneficial to all of us and backed up by facts. You sound more ridiculous with every new comment you post...

Last edited:
•••
GermanRaven told us he was told by Adam Dicker that his nichewebsites.com build of survivalhandbook.com would earn Raven $1500 to $2000 per month in monetisation.

Makes my blood boil that this guy is charging people 2-5k for stuff like this.... This is a $200 job TOPS!

Free Theme with very little customization...

$20 logo...

$2/per articles...

That is a HUGE sum for a Wordpress installation - and it is installation, not design or development. The key thing to add to that is the special sauce in the recipe - the insider knowledge of Adam Dicker on how to make a fortune from monetisation, since he was telling everyone the huge sums he was earning from affiliate sites and promising them the same while flattering their domains. People were willing to pay him for that - did no one question his figures? Were metrics presented or verfied? A simple blogpost somewhere (as in this thread) just going through his figures and comparing and questioning them could have cracked this open years ago, without even accusing anyone of anything.

Actually a few years before the Madoff scandal a statistics bod published a paper showing Madoff's numbers were too consistent to be real. He was ignored, threatened, even had to have bodyguards. But he was right.

So why were the other domain gods up there on the podium with Dicker not questioning his figures? Nobody likes telling on others or maybe they hoped they were real? No, it's probably worse - maybe they reckoned they were inflated but that was doing them all good by helping to encourage the belief that good domains inherently bring traffic, which adds to their value and saleability. Why would anyone rock the boat?

I think a lot of us would benefit from a clearer separation between domains and monetisation.

Last edited:
•••
I think I did misread that. And it was the end of the day when I get cranky. My apologies. Across the board this is awful and I don't think he is going to pay many people from this point. I hope I am wrong.

Its all good, and I don't think he is going to pay many people either, and yet I still hope I am wrong.

•••
I was not paid anything this week, nor did I have any contact with Adam, nor did he respond to my Skype inquiry. I am very disappointed, but not terribly surprised. Had it been resolved, I would have refrained from stirring the waters, but I can no longer lie to myself that this will ever be settled in a professional way.

I paid him $3,000 fourteen months ago for a site that he was confident would produce $1500 to $2000 monthly within a few months of his build completion. A completion that he said would take 3 to 4 weeks, but is still not near completion over a year later. I chased him over and over and over and, when finally getting him on Skype, he would be apologetic, usually telling me that his employees weren't performing, that he was restructuring (and bigger than the last time) and that he would *now* focus on my project. Only, of course, that literally *nothing* would be done weeks later and the cycle would repeat.

I can tell you that I was afraid to say anything ... Adam was "bigger than life" in the domaining world. I thought often of going to Michael Cyger (whose interviews I always thought were very well done and he seemed like a genuine guy) or a couple others, but was concerned that: (a) perhaps they were all in a big scam together and I'd be ignored or shunned; (b) perhaps they weren't in it, but as such good friends (as it seemed), they would never believe me and I'd be ignored or shunned; (c) word would get to Adam and that would absolutely close the door on getting the work done or my money back. Or, of course, option (d) which was that I was the problem -- after all, if he was so popular and in the limelight and winning awards for "domain development", he must be delivering for everyone else.

When he called for "partners" in his new businesses, I was already too concerned about him and didn't volunteer. Even so, he personally invited me to be a partner on one of our "what's going on" calls. I basically ignored the suggestion. However, he still put me on the list of people that were "in the circle". I participated mildly in some of the startup conversations, but avoided getting pulled in deeper. I wanted to reach out to a couple people that were "all in" to see if they knew about what seemed to be going on, but I was afraid that they were so tied to Adam as a savior that they would report my "attitude" to Adam and I'd be "out of his good graces" -- never get my site nor my money.

In spite of that, I did FB message Rick W tentatively to see how the "partnership" was working. I wanted to tell him of my experience as a client, but I was feeling him out an inch at a time. I asked if Adam had given him a contract so it was understood what he would get out of the partnership. His response was defensive -- no contract, but it was "all too early", "looked like it was going to be MUCH bigger returns than originally thought, so had to re-think the structure" (paraphrased), and "why did I even ask such a question"? I brushed that off with an explanation of just wanting to understand how the partnership worked, and ended the conversation. I didn't look like he would have believed anything I'd told him about Adam, anyway, and it appears that he has recently doubled-down on his relationship with Adam, damaging his own reputation in the process.

I was a classic sucker, thinking the king was altruistic, showing an interest (and doing a favor) for me, the lowly peasant. I excitedly told so many people about how great Adam was and how lucky I was to be one of the "small group" that Adam was mentoring. I told them that my super-site would be up in several weeks (how embarrassing when they still ask about how it's going), while telling my wife that the $3K we had managed to save towards a career change was in good hands. I have to say that she has been much better about this than she should be (I am blessed!), but I am ashamed for falling for all of Adam's fake reputation, lies, deception, broken promises, false humility and insincere niceness. I often think of the heart-string video he did telling us about how proud his father was of his natural business abilities -- that was a stroke of genius, showing a very human, vulnerable Adam -- one that I don't believe really exists.

If you want to see a $3K site (which he said would be more like a $5K site due to the discount that DN College folks and I, in particular, were receiving), check out SurvivalHandbook (dot) com.

Whenever I am so tempted again, I'll just review my Skype transcripts and audio recordings of his broken promises on our calls and I won't override my know-better policies of "get a contract", "pay only for a milestone at a time" and "seek legal counsel no later than the second failed promise that isn't made right".

--GR
You're not alone.

•••
@Shane Bellone

Rather than @PugDomains the case has been highlighted and is being dealt with. You can do the least by acting like matures.

I almost laughed by reading @PugDomains's and few other comments as why Adam is closing his businesses.

Hi WebInvestments (is it Rick?), you can try and make this all about me if you want, but this thread is actually about Adam Dicker owing people money. I have a couple of simple questions for you, as you seem to have been made privvy to more information then the rest of us.... why is Adam closing his businesses? And in what way are the complaints being dealt with?

I am not sure if he owed you money... but had he not have to pay another millionaire first... you may have been whole by now.

Hi, Adam Dicker confirmed himself on this thread that he has enough money to meet his liabilities, quote is below.

This is not a solvency issue

I can confirm that I am not owed money by Adam Dicker, but I may shortly be introducing another victim to this thread who has consistently been promised refunds of $$$$ over a long period of time which haven't materialised.

Last edited:
•••
If F.S.may not have needed "HIS" money so fast, perhaps the smaller players would have been compensated sooner.
But as it's a business... business is business.

All I am pointing out is that "carrying debt or credit" between businesses is common practice and it should have been last on the list so the little guy got paid first.

You are really making it very difficult for ANYONE to sympathize with you.

Ladies & gentlemen, don't you get it? He has been repeatedly trying to tell you why "Adam" is not going to pay back any of you. Listen with open ears!

•••
I've been talking with many leaders in the domain industry and although they haven't spoken out publicly, they have expressed to me their anger at such shameful behavior.

Then what are they hiding? (Not a personal question to you BobsRanch) I mentioned this to one particular blogger who is interested in the ethics of domaining and he said he did admit that he was too busy to fully investigate and had no one approach him about it, and further postulated that if I had an article he would be happy to post it.

I don't, but there are you folk out there that should consider this. I think the best thing to do would be to contact me first.

•••
Adam, I hope you recover from this - for the sake of your family. But you need to stop this "shill"-ing.

Even if someone accepts that F.S. asking for his money back is the reason for your current predicament, what constraints caused you to "build" these incomplete sites?? You built those sites LONG BEFORE F.S. asked for his money back - so what was the reason for the shoddy work?

I sent this to Adam via PM as a pastebin link a few days back - I have not edited even a single word:
===================
@WebInvestments, @Adam Dicker
Disclaimer: Please check my previous posts in this thread - I was only mildly interested in this thread. However, as I started reading all posts (see point 8 below), I am starting to think that either both of you are the same person, or one is acting on behalf of the other.
I know @equity78 posted saying your IP addresses are different, but considering the fact that Netherlands based proxies are not difficult to obtain, is it alright if either of you clarify some points?

1. A part of reputation management is to create multiple accounts at relevant forums so that one can defend oneself from attacks.

2. Adam, your company's name is WebCorp. You seem to like NetXXX and WebXXX names. "WebInvestments" seem to be up your alley. :)

3. @WebInvestments, you seem to be very knowledgeable about domaining in general. Reason: Please see the following posts made by you:

Well in the start most newbie domainers invest heavily without learning and observing things about domain investing. The result is that most of the time they end up buying crappy domains.

You can come up with a reasonable size of domain portfolio because only you can tell how many domains you can have, you can sell, you can renew.

The cost of running this business (when it comes to renewing hundreds of domains) is not what most domainers are happy with, lol. But I am sure if you are good with sales, you won't mind re-investing couple of hundred bucks.

By reading this thread many fellow domaines would now agree that it all depends on different factors. Like:

1. How one is taking domaining; either part time, full time, seasonal, or as a hobby.
2. Is s/he a motivated seller or more like an investor.
3. What monthly sales volume s/he achieves.
4. How much $$$ s/he earns on a monthly basis.
5. Whether there's a pan to invest further or to sell existing inventory first without buying new ones.
6. And so on...

Then again, the size of domain portfolio has more to do with what you plan on doing in the field of domaining. If you have significant capital, you can invest in buying lots of quality domains (focus on the word "quality" here), but if you want to start small (which is highly recommended if you are new to this game), then it would be O.K to buy 10-20 good domains and sell them first, and then rinse and repeat.

In the end, what matters is how much $ales you make and how much quality your domains offer to their respective market (demand wise).

Hope it helps.

4. @WebInvestments, you were the first one to launch a full-frontal attack on Shane, soon after he made his post. Exhibit:

Not sure what's the point here of mentioning this "story". Not even a single reliable source was mentioned to break facts.

Like:
- who's the "anonymous source" of this article?
- is he/she reliable enough to be trusted?
- on what facts/complains/rippoff proof or whatever did the blogger has picked such a ridiculous title and sort of insulted a senior domainer?

Although I do agree with one part in the post, that Adam normally over promise but fail to deliver the same. But he is still respectable to many and he continues to deliver valuable information to many new comers in the industry whenever he has time.

Shane, nice to see that it's your blog, but starting a blog with a post full of conspiracy and with no facts provided! You could've done better than that amigo.

Just my thoughts.

Exactly, using the word criminal was not necessary at all, and it also it shows a disrespectful attitude towards a senior most domainer who holds several domaining awards and known for his helping nature.

I'm not defending Adam either and I would love to hear what Adam has to say about it. If only Shane was responsible enough in confirming the news first from both parties (or to include any reliable sources in his post) and then publishing his blog post.

5. @WebInvestments, you have an impeccable command over English language, in spite of your IP being from Netherlands/Dutch.
(Netherlanders, just making a point here guys, don't take it seriously ;) )

6. @WebInvestments After posting in this thread, you went over and posted in other threads also. Exhibit below:

Yeah, I second that. Don't have any experience in website flipping so far, but I plan to develop at least one geo domain every month and flip it for profit. I am aiming (and confident) to sell each site I develop for a minimum of $1-2k (depending on the geo domain, niche and SEO rankings).

Of course, it requires time, hard work, and a little upfront cash investment. For one of my site I have setup this month, I was able to get it ready for less than $100 (paid for content). For its design, I have used a free WordPress theme.

Also, there's a low quality geo domain that I own and I plan to launch it as a single-page website (showcase type site) without much content on it. I will be testing how a single page site with a geo domain would perform and whether it will be of any interest for potential buyers. So practically the site will require no investment other than my domain cost. For SEO marketing, I can take care of that.

Other than website flipping, I think developing web properties for in-house is also a workable option if one has funds and time to manage things. But I know many domainers wouldn't consider going to this route as it require constant management and $$$.

Just my two cents (sorry for the huge off-topic discussion above, got excited about this it, lol)

Now, what is interesting is, if we ignore the "I don't have any experience" and all such parts, the business model
posted seems to be one which Adam likes a lot - using geodomains and building sites!

7. @WebInvestments seems to have prescience about what Adam is going to post or think!
Exhibit:

Although I do agree with one part in the post, that Adam normally over promise but fail to deliver the same.

There are parts that are true and parts that are simply untrue.

They seem to think alike, too. Exhibit:

There is definitely another side to this story.

Still, there're two sides of every picture, and my friend, we haven't seen the other one yet.

8. AFTER Adam admitted to being partially wrong, @WebInvestments still keeps posting that Shane is doing
this for publicity, and that the whole post is false. Remember, this is after Adam himself posting that
some parts of the post are true. And after @WebInvestments himself posted that he agrees with part of the post.

This act reminds me of a SEO blog post about how to increase link popularity (site popularity that is) I read
somewhere a couple of years ago. Basically it's about creating a controversial blog post about
a famous celebrity (of the industry), and yes, the idea was to make it a fake/false one. And once the post
hits the scene, a lot of discussion was expected to be started, resulting in increased site popularity
(for the guy who wrote the controversial post).

Keep in mind, @WebInvestments is very intelligent as evidenced by his previous posts. But this is not
something such a person would post.
By the way, this is what made me notice this whole thing. I just glanced at the above post from @WebInvestments a few days back. But something about that made me uncomfortable. The post, taken by itself, meant lesser reasoning abilities on the part of the poster. However, from his other posts, it is clear he is a very intelligent man. The above post just did not make sense. Unless he was deliberately trying to divert from the real issue.

9. Posts #5036293, 5036365, 5037689 and many other posts from @WebInvestments are reputation management ABC
- attacking the attacker, and bringing in multiple points to consider so that people of average intelligence will get confused.

Exhibits:

It's nothing what someone would call "Information". But yes, it does has a feeling of you creating a "hype" to promote your blog and attract readership.

Just saying as none of the allegations were proved there.

You still don't get it my friend? His gain is traffic from this forum, to his blog. Remember "site popularity".

PS: Would appreciate if you PM me any further questions regarding this (SEO), so that you, I and others can keep the thread on topic.

Thanks,

Shane need some serious professional help (and I say that with respect) as his attitude problem is increasing everyday.
You can judge this from his comments here, short and less than 10 words with no value or information at all.
He doesn't bother himself to even reply in details for the topic he actually started.
It seems like he enjoys giving people a topic to argue about, and stay center of attention.

(There are many more such posts, I have included only three)

10. @WebInvestments seems to post almost what Adam would have posted.
For victims, I am still waiting to see few with solid case that is.

11. @WebInvestments seems to know what Adam is going to do:
Mostly because Adam is a professional businessman and has no time for gossiping around in a thread that has nothing factual, so far.

I believe he is fully aware of the situation (here) and is preparing for something to shut the craps out of those who have flamed this fire without any fuel.

What if Adam has already started to resolve things on his own while we continue arguing and guessing things here?
I see it is already happening and Adam has started to pay his dues.

12. The following post made by @WebInvestments is exactly how a person who overpromises and walks on the thin edge of the legal boundary (being careful not to tip over to the illegal side) would think about his customers.
(There is even a tinge of contempt for the "greedy and lazy" folks)

[...] I bet the buyers were
also a bit greedy and uneducated about what they should do before they hire/join anyone's
service/company. Ever heard of 'everything that glitters is not gold'.
[...]
use your mind, research skills and internet people. Penalty of greed and laziness should be there for such.lol.

13. @WebInvestments seems to write about a situation which he knows firsthand. Notice the post quoted below.
Especially the part where he says, "not all, many", which implies accurate knowledge of the situation.

And I bet many victims (not all, many) aren't sharing their complete agreement about the services they were promised.

14. @WebInvestments seems to know the exact arrangement which Adam had with his managers. Wow!!

Managers were like business partners initially and income was based on profit sharing, not fixed salary. But later on, it changed.

Oh by the way, anyone who posted about or taunted Adam's kids or family - shame on you. If you have a problem with him, take it up with him. Not with his kids. Or his family.
=======END OF PASTE=========

It was an unlisted paste, which meant any view counter increment was from Adam.
Namepros showed Adam moved to "Conversations" (last activity). Immediately afterwards, the view counter incremented.
Which meant he read it.

WebInvestments stopped posting the next day. Instead, a new account appeared. "WPM" - Web Portfolio Management.

The next day, Adam sent a PM saying he will read it, and then within 2 minutes, he replied, saying he has read it and that he is not WebInvestments.

Here was my reply:
=======START OF PM=====
1. You read my pastebin yesterday. Pastebin shows the number of views, you see.

2. If it was wrong, you would have replied immediately. You did not.

3. You said "I will check it now" and sent the next message within two minutes. It is not possible to read that long message within 2 minutes.

4. Today, WebInvestments stopped posting. Instead, a new account appeared: WPM. "Web Portfolio Management". "Web xxx" again? Seriously??

Anyway, thanks for the PM. Now I am 100% sure. Yesterday I was only 90% sure because I considered the possibility of you
going to bed or being distracted before you could reply.
======END OF PM===========

I just don't want to post private conversations here as far as possible, but any moderator/admin can easily verify this - feel free to check my Inbox.

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.

•••
I have three hopes:
  1. Those that are owed money get it
  2. Dicker gets the therapy/counseling he needs to change his ways
  3. We don't have future victims of Dicker or anyone else in the industry
I can't do much about #1 and #2 but for the sake of number three I'm posting an overview of Dicker's career. All the red flags and warning signs were there but somehow, as a community and industry, we missed it. I hope it doesn't happen again.

1986 – Graduates from 4 yrs at York University

1989 – “Runs a large computer store” Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

1994 – Starts a dial up ISP business. Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

1996 —Buys his first domain. Source: DN Journal profile

Feb 2001 – Exec VP of High Impact Sites Inc. with “over 25 designers, developers and programmers spread out all around the world..” Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page and DN Journal profile

Jan 2003 – Starts the company Digital Intelligence Inc. which becomes "a force in the industry with over 25 full time web designers, web developers and web programmers spread out all around the world.” Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

June 2003 – Charged by Toronto Police with the illegal sale and distribution of American satellite TV as “owner of Satan's Playhouse, a chain of three satellite television stores". Source: SatelliteToday.com and the NY Times

Spring 2003 – Buys DNF. Source: DN Journal profile

June 2006 – Leaves High Impact Web Sites and becomes Exec VP of iREIT Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

Jan 2007 – Starts TheArtOfTheName.com Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

March 2007 – Becomes President of his company Domain Consulting Group Ltd. Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

July 2007 – Leaves iREIT and is hired by Go Daddy as VP of TDNAM. (Side note: He was a long distance employee living in Toronto, Canada while GDs headquarters were in Arizona.) Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

June 2008 – News outlets report that Dicker has been bidding against Go Daddy auction clients while simultaneously running the TDNAM department

January 2010 – Resigns from Go Daddy. Source: TLD Magazine

January 2012 – Starts NicheWebsites.com “A web design company that can create a profitable website for $399 in just 3 business days.” Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

May 2012 – Dicker publishes press release announcing his site RemoveMugshots.com as a vendor for Mugshots.com. An industry dubbed by Wired.com as the “mug-shot racket” in 2011. That same month he appears on Domain Sherpa to discuss his reputation repair business including mugshot removal and claims his reputation repair websites are generating $150,000 in monthly revenues. Source: Adam Dicker promo video, Wired.com, NPR,

Dec 2012NPR reports a class action suit is filed against several Mugshot removal websites. However Adam’s website is NOT one of them. Source: NPR

Fall 2013 – Major Credit card companies and PayPal refuse to process payments for mugshot removal websites. Source: ABC News

August 2015 – According to the Wayback Machine, RemoveMugshots.com was still live and functional as recently as Aug of this year

There is a pattern that we failed to see until now. I hope that now it is permanently broken and that the victims get restitution, Dicker gets help and the industry gets the lesson and moves on. Peace!

Last edited:
•••
PQR, I don't believe that WebInvestments is Adam himself, I have a hunch that it is his business partner Rick who is Dutch and runs a large community for Dutch domainers. The one who is friends with frank-germany (the other shill, who has gone quiet).

Last edited:
•••
Wpm :
Screenshot (34).png

Last edited:
•••
PQR, I don't believe that WebInvestments is Adam himself, I have a hunch that it is his business partner Rick who is Dutch and runs a large community for Dutch domainers. The one who is friends with frank-germany (the other shill, who has gone quiet).

From my original post: " I am starting to think that either both of you are the same person, or one is acting on behalf of the other."
Never said they are the same, but the text is exactly the same as what Adam would have posted.

And about Dutch, you are right, as with any nationality. Hence my comment specifically to Netherlanders to not take it seriously ;)

•••
Jan 2007 – Starts TheArtOfTheName.com Source: Dicker’s LinkedIn page

This is a bold face lie.

lufLwjq.png

Another lie of his from his linkedin page..

S8LfLz9.png

Last edited:
•••
@Adam Dicker Seriously , Just refund everyone. What was the point in chiming in,halfway, and having people message you directly at your Email address,if its going to be counterproductive and result in wasted time? Take 5 seconds from SeoBrokers.ca,Gather previous invoices from those that have requested,and Refund. We get it,You're avoiding all the claims,starting a new life/persona. Alot of people looked up to you,opened their wallets and waited patiently for results. Correct it.

•••
This is a bold face lie.

lufLwjq.png

Dicker was/is very enthusiastic in his self promotion and public image. After hearing the stories of the people who were deceived as customers and business partners it's not surprising that some aspects of his self promotion are also misleading and deceptive in nature.

•••
Alot of people looked up to you,opened their wallets and waited patiently for results. Correct it.
It seems 'quite' clear by now, if that was to happen, ..it would have.

•••
@Adam Dicker Seriously , Just refund everyone.

It is time people realised that this simply isn't going to happen now. Victims need to pursue other options like chargebacks from their bank or paypal disputes if they have time, or legal avenues for justice if they are motivated enough.

They also need to be very careful though. I was somehow born fearless, but others don't have that mentality and this may dissuade some from going down this route...

https://web.archive.org/web/20040213020440/http://www.satansplayhouse.cx/fraud.php

Somebody made me aware of that by PM and suggested I share. That is a list of names and addresses of people who issued a chargeback against one of Adam Dicker's former businesses, published on the internet.

Last edited:
•••
I am ashamed for falling for all of Adam's fake reputation, lies, deception, broken promises, false humility and insincere niceness.

My experience was the same as GermanRaven's. Adam promised he could generate thousands per month based on his unique skills and expertise. Through his many appearances on DomainSherpa.com and on his Facebook group, he stated that he was making several thousands per month using his unique skills and expertise and that he could do the same for others. Ultimately, my experience as his customer was that he has zero skills and no demonstrable expertise in building any websites to generate income for customers. Like GermanRaven, I too am ashamed for falling for Adam's fraudulent activities. Then again, almost everyone in this so-called "domaining industry" fell for this snake oil salesman.

•••
Did any of the bigger guys face similar issues with him?

Frank Schilling's issue was resolved after a blog posting. This we know.

•••
It is time people realised that this simply isn't going to happen now. Victims need to pursue other options like chargebacks from their bank or paypal disputes if they have time, or legal avenues for justice if they are motivated enough.

They also need to be very careful though. I was somehow born fearless, but others don't have that mentality and this may dissuade some from going down this route...

https://web.archive.org/web/20040213020440/http://www.satansplayhouse.cx/fraud.php

Somebody made me aware of that by PM and suggested I share. That is a list of names and addresses of people who issued a chargeback against one of Adam Dicker's former businesses, published on the internet.

I got the same message and I will say the same I told him... data protection laws can be a joke in the US, but not in Europe. If he's thinking of publishing personal data of any european citizen, he better think twice because he can end up in court.

•••
Back