IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok, ask me any question and I will give you an honest answer but i will not say anything negative about a former employee or former/current client period.

Make your own assault if it will make you feel better.
I see you didn't understand what I said. I was asking Shane why would he consider being open and honest about you an assault. I also would like for you to be exposed for what else you have done to others so that you can then also decide now is the time to do right by them. This entire situation is a learning lesson for many in regards to doing business, ordering services, relationships and partnerships. I thank Shane for unveiling what others have swept under the rug. It would be nice to just put everything out here now. How much worse can it get.

The question to you is what is "part 2" that Shane said now he will not reveal.

•••
doesn't it surprise you that not one person with any clout in this industry has come forward to defend Adam?

One might consider the fact that domain conventions and/or conferences utilize him for guest-speaker and panel member, and the fact that, as far as I know, only good has been written about him at DNJournal.com, one might consider that some sort of endorsement of his character. On the other hand, it could also speak volumes about THEIR character. Know what I mean?

•••
Gee I don't know... The whole truth? An explanation? Apologies to the people you harmed?

Explain the LannyB post. Or just keep ignoring it like what Lanny said she went through doesn't matter.

You act like making some repayments is sufficient to have this be open and shut. You get this resolved in 2 days while others have dealt with this for many many months? You don't get off that easy.

This will be addressed tonight , it takes a longer post.

•••
•••
The question to you is what is "part 2" that Shane said now he will not reveal.
I don't know, Shane and I never talked about part 2.
We only spoke about resolving issues and what my plans were to do that, which is keep an eye here and resolve them.

•••
Adam, I have sent you an email regarding my access to Skype at the moment to deal with this.

•••
•••
bad business decisions
"

exactly that's what it was: a bad business decision

I have made the same mistake
its just a freaking wp-theme
not very pretty
but pretty useless

so what?

you will buy a lot of "not so well stuff"
in your future carrier,
thats for sure
even w/o the help of gurus

thats part of life
and definetely of internet marketing

•••
•••
All that matters is these folks are getting there money back. But, Adam Dicker shouldn't be welcomed back so soon. If this is something he was so interested in doing this would have been done on DAY 1. Come on people don't be blinded.... I'm sure he exhausted every option and this is a last resort thing. This wasn't his Plan A, this was Plan Z!

"Fool me once, shame on you,,, Fool me, you can't get fooled again... "

•••
Glad to see things moving in the right direction. :)

•••
My candidates would be PugDomains or SirDrago here at NP.
They are pretty neutral people and I have read their post before.

come on

did you really read it?

•••
•••
w0w...

Almost an instant replay of the Flippa thread.

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
A fact seems to be that part 2 would have been some serious evidence against Adam,

Most deserve a second chance, and if he mans up to all hes wrong-doings (ill call them that) ones like Lanny`s and i am sure there were others- and keeps hes word on how he will run things in the future- everything is fine and no part 2 needs to be revealed.

I would also like to ask Adam for he`s motives of ignoring people up on till now,? Ignoring them- not refunding them- etc etc-

•••
Almost an instant replay

tbh that thread still left a bad taste in my mouth and I would rather post a domain for sale sign on my front lawn at this point.

This thread has been a success so far and seems to be heading in the right direction...

•••
Because some people want drama and not results.

from reading the issues, i'm sure it was lot of "drama" for those asking about their dough or services, when they didn't get expected "results".

so i don't think it's time to try and flip the script in any way

every time you want to get defensive.....think of all the newbies and veteran's alike, who assisted your efforts, and what you gave them in return, until this thread was posted.

time to humble-up dude, and go with the flow, instead of trying to control it.

imo....

•••
A fact seems to be that part 2 would have been some serious evidence against Adam,

Most deserve a second chance, and if he mans up to all hes wrong-doings (ill call them that) ones like Lanny`s and i am sure there were others- and keeps hes word on how he will run things in the future- everything is fine and no part 2 needs to be revealed.

I would also like to ask Adam for he`s motives of ignoring people up on till now,? Ignoring them- not refunding them- etc etc-

There shouldn't be a Part 2 because Shane goals of this post have been reached. I think Shane just wanted to give a voice the people and get their money back.

In every other industry on planet earth people resign and are blackballed after a huge fraud of this nature is uncovered. I'm glad the guy covered his debts but come on now. He shouldn't speak at another conference again nor be an influential person in this industry any longer.

•••
What if part 2 doesn't exist and never did? Great move Shane, great move.

•••
There shouldn't be a Part 2 because Shane goals of this post have been reached. I think Shane just wanted to give a voice the people and get their money back.

In every other industry on planet earth people resign and are blackballed after a huge fraud in this nature is uncovered. I'm glad the guy covered his debts but come on now. He shouldn't speak at another conference again nor be an influential person in this industry any longer.

influential person ?

where can I vote..

or is that something that rises out of insider knowledge?
and competence?

•••

In every other industry on planet earth people resign and are blackballed after a huge fraud in this nature is uncovered. I'm glad the guy covered his debts but come on now. He shouldn't speak at another conference again nor be an influential person in this industry any longer.

I live in the here and now, and no where else- you are free to not do any business with Adam ever again- i cant say that i will not - if he changes hes business model and i feel he is trustworthy in the future, not doing business because of what happened or has been done is ridiculous.

I am in no way trying to defend Adam for what he "has done" its just not right.

•••
The future of domain conferences

GFBie.gif

•••
Hopefully, no one will ever need to know.
Just got off the phone with Adam again.

He's making an effort. Providing he follows through with his commitments there is no reason to further this assault.

He won't admit to what he's done especially the things I've yet to post about.

So there is more to protect the public from possible predator behavior - but if Dicker writes checks he gets a pass? And if enough "Pros" and others show up to support this - people should feel apathetic about it? Some still think this was just a poor business decision? Too funny.

At some point people may speculate to themselves that perhaps favors/offerings exchanged hands to keep certain things under wraps - particularly since you and Adam keep conversing by phone when one would think you're the last person he wants to talk with. Hell, yesterday it was attorneys at 20 paces.......

Dicker can call it "drama" if he wants to, that's a convenient approach given his position. But like I said earlier - I truly don't get your motivations. No offense, and you tend to not have a concern about it, but surely you recognize your credibility could be at risk as well?

In a nutshell: You opened a box half-way (again), Adam Dicker postured and then flinched, you're now swearing to keep that box closed as long as he follows through with his "commitments", people are turning to look at you now and say to themselves, hmmmmm......

But that might just be me. I do love the smell of extortion in the morning!

•••
So there is more to protect the public from possible predator behavior - but if Dicker writes checks he gets a pass? And if enough "Pros" and others show up to support this - people should feel apathetic about it? Some still think this was just a poor business decision? Too funny.

At some point people may speculate to themselves that perhaps favors/offerings exchanged hands to keep certain things under wraps - particularly since you and Adam keep conversing by phone when one would think you're the last person he wants to talk with. Hell, yesterday it was attorneys at 20 paces.......

Dicker can call it "drama" if he wants to, that's a convenient approach given his position. But like I said earlier - I truly don't get your motivations. No offense, and you tend to not have a concern about it, but surely you recognize your credibility could be at risk as well?

In a nutshell: You opened a box half-way (again), Adam Dicker postured and then flinched, you're now swearing to keep that box closed as long as he follows through with his "commitments", people are turning to look at you now and say to themselves, hmmmmm......

But that might just be me. I do love the smell of extortion in the morning!

This isn't about you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back