IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

NameSilo
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One last thing, Adam Dicker paid Frank back in less than 3 hours after he started making noise.

Why?

Because he knows Frank has the means to make his life a living hell. There are remedies to you folks that lost money.

You need to group up and get a Canadian Lawyer and go from there.

Until then the posts will keep coming.

;)

•••
There are still companies that offer simple WP sites for ridiculous prices, and should be punished...

There are still domainers that offer Internet domain names for ridiculous prices, and should be punished...

•••
Not to be a party pooper but does anyone else realise this forum is not closed, all comments can be seen in search pages, and the man being spoken about has A FAMILY..
Shouldn't this post be made a bit more private? Or does no one here seem to care about the feelings of kids? ..................... Think of the children please.

Respectfully, keep in mind that there are folks who dished out hard earned money to Adam and received nothing. They also wasted countless hours trying to get that money back. You've read their comments, no?

So he took money from people, if they had children then it was money to hopefully enrich those folks' children's lives....

So why is it Adam's children you're concerned with? Might be a good learning experience for them.

Its like CC Sabathia said the other day when he checked himself into rehab before the playoffs even began

At the time, Sabathia defended his lifestyle and said the most difficult part of the situation was explaining the headlines to his 12-year-old son.

“That’s the toughest part: ‘Dad had a bad night. Made a bad decision. Sometimes these things happen,’ ” Sabathia said.

via: http://nypost.com/2015/10/05/cc-sabathia-enters-alcohol-rehab-on-eve-of-postseason/

Perhaps Adam should have a similar discussion with his children explaining how he screwed people out of earning money for THEIR family/children...

•••
Respectfully, keep in mind that .....

I was actually writing a similar post .. thanks for posting this. Mine would have been in broken english :)

•••
•••
So, while Shane contemplates preponing his Part#2, enjoy this. I am off for now.

•••
sad thread.

Thread is great. I can honestly say I found both shane's threads quite enlightening being relatively new to this business.

The only sad thing is about Adam as I'm not sure he deserves all this. I don't know the man but 'criminal' could be a bit harsh imo.

•••
Thread is great. I can honestly say I found both shane's threads quite enlightening being relatively new to this business.

The only sad thing is about Adam as I'm not sure he deserves all this. I don't know the man but 'criminal' could be a bit harsh imo.

some of the info is good and interesting. Character assassination is not regardless of what someone might have done.

That is not cool. You can report the facts without resorting to that.

So it's sad to read about a formerly successful domainer being in debt and possibly unable to repay it; possibly ripping others off and then sad to see the information reported in a "let's feed him to the lions" style.

Last edited:
•••
sad thread.

It IS a sad thread. Things like this do not have to happen.

People should not get screwed out of their hard earned money, in an effort to try to hire people who know more / who are better than them at something they're not. Then have to waste countless hours chasing down the "expert", only to get static in return.

And then it ends up on a public forum because it didnt just happen to one person, it happened to a lot of people and somehow, some of them got together and found someone to be a mouthpiece for them. Could it have been handled in a bit more polished manner? Sure. Either way, it was going to go public at some point. The pressure was obviously building.

I am surprised a local news outlet didnt show up at Shane's door - they love this stuff.... you know the roofing contractor that wanted $2500 to start your new roof $10,000 next Monday - but never shows up.

So, yes, it is sad. But we're humans and for some reason we sometimes do these things to each other.

•••
One last thing, Adam Dicker paid Frank back in less than 3 hours after he started making noise.

Why?

Because he knows Frank has the means to make his life a living hell. There are remedies to you folks that lost money.

You need to group up and get a Canadian Lawyer and go from there.

If it was me, I'd take the easier route and accept his invitation to contact him right now. He's doing damage control so I doubt he's going to want people coming back here to tell the world that they contacted him only to be jerked around some more. I have no idea how many people out there are unhappy with him, but there's a chance that he might be handing out checks to try to quiet this story down. If that turns out to be the case, I'd want to position myself at the front of the line before the money runs out. In my opinion a refund is better than a pound of flesh but I guess each person has to decide that for themselves.

•••
It IS a sad thread. Things like this do not have to happen.

People should not get screwed out of their hard earned money, in an effort to try to hire people who know more / who are better than them at something they're not. Then have to waste countless hours chasing down the "expert", only to get static in return.

And then it ends up on a public forum because it didnt just happen to one person, it happened to a lot of people and somehow, some of them got together and found someone to be a mouthpiece for them. Could it have been handled in a bit more polished manner? Sure. Either way, it was going to go public at some point. The pressure was obviously building.

I am surprised a local news outlet didnt show up at Shane's door - they love this stuff.... you know the roofing contractor that wanted $2500 to start your new roof $10,000 next Monday - but never shows up.

So, yes, it is sad. But we're humans and for some reason we sometimes do these things to each other.

Got picked up by DNW but got dropped by Domaining.

•••
If it was me, I'd take the easier route and accept his invitation to contact him right now. He's doing damage control so I doubt he's going to want people coming back here to tell the world that they contacted him only to be jerked around some more. I have no idea how many people out there are unhappy with him, but there's a chance that he might be handing out checks to try to quiet this story down. If that turns out to be the case, I'd want to position myself at the front of the line before the money runs out. In my opinion a refund is better than a pound of flesh but I guess each person has to decide that for themselves.

I wonder how many people are out there who are not domainers, who do not know this thread exists, that the offer to contact him was made sincerely........ Small business folks, busy with their heads down. Only Adam knows..... But yes, if people have been watching quietly, perhaps apprehensive to chime in, this is the time. The iron is hot, and they gotta thank Shane for initiating this.

Last edited:
•••
I hope you're not referring to those ™ violation names on your Flippa account as "Good".

I am referring to good domains
that term may mean different values
to different people

today you could get

899686.com

•••
I did not pick it up for my blogs.
Hahahahhaha....
Sorry Shane,,,,,no free advertising for you.

•••
Still need more evidence in my opinion.

We are hearing a lot about refused refunds, abusive communications, even seen people imply threats being made.

If that is true, then where are the screenshots, would be highly convenient if they'd all been made verbally wouldn't it? Somebody above said 20+ 'victims' so far, but not a single screenshot of a refund being refused, no links to end product (where are the crummy $1500 wordpress websites?).

•••
•••
Not to be a party pooper but does anyone else realise this forum is not closed, all comments can be seen in search pages, and the man being spoken about has A FAMILY..
Shouldn't this post be made a bit more private? Or does no one here seem to care about the feelings of kids? In a world of online bullying can you imagine how it might be for them?? Am I the only one going to mention that? From what I see this post coincides too closely with the domain conference in Florida ending and "so called" awards being handed out.
The domaining industry as a whole has a bad reputation yet when that is mentioned people go all hush hush about it with nothing further being mentioned.
Seriously ....Unless you have a valid complaint yourself It might be wise to step away from this thread is this namecallers or namepros? Think of the children please.

I have a valid complaint, about YOUR post! Family? Children? Puhleeeze!

•••
Still need more evidence in my opinion.

We are hearing a lot about refused refunds, abusive communications, even seen people imply threats being made.

If that is true, then where are the screenshots, would be highly convenient if they'd all been made verbally wouldn't it? Somebody above said 20+ 'victims' so far, but not a single screenshot of a refund being refused, no links to end product (where are the crummy $1500 wordpress websites?).

All it really takes is for Adam to state that he's helped N-number of people get their money back OR finish the work/project OR made a mutually amicable deal with them. I dont think I'd want to further this mess by posting nasty emails showing no reply..... If Adam helps them and states that he has here, I'd be satisfied that he's doing the right thing.

•••
•••
Interesting, is it the same Adam Dicker?

HAMILTON, Ont. - Following two eight month investigations, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Greater Toronto Area Federal Enforcement Section charged 23 people and eight business locations of HUWORKS.TV yesterday with conspiracy charges relating to offences under sections 9 and 10 of the Radiocommunication Act which deals with satellite piracy.

Also charged, in a separate investigation is Adam Dicker and his company Satan's Playhouse relating to the same sections of the Radiocommunication Act.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All those charged with the exception of Adam Dicker will appear at John Sopinka Court House in Hamilton on July 31, 2003 for a first appearance. Dicker will appear at the Newmarket Court House on July 16th, 2003 for a first appearance.

•••

Interesting, is it the same Adam Dicker?

HAMILTON, Ont. - Following two eight month investigations, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Greater Toronto Area Federal Enforcement Section charged 23 people and eight business locations of HUWORKS.TV yesterday with conspiracy charges relating to offences under sections 9 and 10 of the Radiocommunication Act which deals with satellite piracy.

Also charged, in a separate investigation is Adam Dicker and his company Satan's Playhouse relating to the same sections of the Radiocommunication Act.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All those charged with the exception of Adam Dicker will appear at John Sopinka Court House in Hamilton on July 31, 2003 for a first appearance. Dicker will appear at the Newmarket Court House on July 16th, 2003 for a first appearance.

I disagree here fellas, that's like 12 years old. No way he should still be judged for mistakes he made 12 years ago.

•••
I don't condone the behaviors of Adam Dicker - but if that is him in that old news article, then this is getting pretty childish.

Hold the guy accountable for any wrongs he has in current effect, but pulling up an unrelated event well in the past just to scorch someone seems almost psychotic.

•••
I don't condone the behaviors of Adam Dicker - but if that is him in that old news article, then this is getting pretty childish.

Hold the guy accountable for any wrongs he has in current effect, but pulling up an unrelated event well in the past just to scorch someone seems almost psychotic.

Proves a history of this behavior.

•••
Oh because he's the only person on this planet who knows what a good domain name is.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back