IT.COM

warning irmahurricane.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wanted to warn everyone regarding a fraudulent website.

I was searching about domains registered regarding the currently active hurricane Irma and see what websites come up.

So someone apparently registered irmahurricane.com not just only to get the traffic but also to steal money from people who honestly want to help victims.

If you visit the website there is no info about who owns it but just a few pictures of hurricanes and then a PayPal donation link at the bottom.

The PayPal email when you hit the donate button is [email protected]

The owner seems to be an Indian person with no relation whatsoever with any organizations helping victims.

Is there any way godaddy can take down the website since the domain is registered there?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Did you see @Emmy101 post? whois address is in Texas, Linkedin details are in Texas , why are you sure that the website belongs to "an Indian person with no relation whatsoever with any organizations helping victims" ?

@Emmy101 only saying there is a similar name listed on linkedin there is no guarantee that the guy on the linkedin were the real domain owner. If you search "Shiv Shinkar Madari" on google you will get approximately 297k search result

•••
@IMEZI EXCELLENT Investigator! :) thanks!

•••
Guyz.. slow down!!!!!
I am not doing any scam or trying to get money by fraudulent ways. It was just a humble attempt to help hurricane victims... don't you think if it was a scam I would not make it so easy for people like you to find my details.. . this is not forcing anyone to donate.. just for people in the close circle to help. I didn't know this would become such a big issue with people and so I have taken down the page. I donated money and food supplies for the Harvey victims and was just trying to find a way to help hurricane victims.
Please take down the posts with my personal details!!!

•••
@IMEZI EXCELLENT Investigator! :) thanks!

Guyz.. slow down!!!!!
I am not doing any scam or trying to get money by fraudulent ways. It was just a humble attempt to help hurricane victims... don't you think if it was a scam I would not make it so easy for people like you to find my details.. . this is not forcing anyone to donate.. just for people in the close circle to help. I didn't know this would become such a big issue with people and so I have taken down the page. I donated money and food supplies for the Harvey victims and was just trying to find a way to help hurricane victims.
Please take down the posts with my personal details!!!

•••
i just found that domain owner indeed the same person on https://www.linkedin.com/in/shiv-shankar-madari-83129b51

irmahurricane.com http://prntscr.com/gilgbf were registered on [email protected]
if we carefully looking on the linkedin http://prntscr.com/gilio0 we will find sapxipi.com which is registered on the very same email of [email protected] http://prntscr.com/giljr

Take down my personal details from your post or delete your post.. you can't share my details on pages or posts..!!!!!!
Guyz.. slow down!!!!!

•••
•••
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's doing a good thing..and wont be keeping the paypal funds he will surely get in his own personal Paypal account for his own profit.

He's from India and they represent some of the most trustworthy telemarketers in the world. Also he's very intelligent and honest because we can easily find him and honor him with such an honorable deed. I'm sure one of us will take the time and contact the company he's working for and let them know that they have such a giving employee and the company should also join and donate to the cause.

1-800-818-6132
Please The most trusted telemarketers ,I get scam calls once a week from india telemarketers trying to get access to my computer. All scum is the same whether from here there and everywhere ,theres good and bad all over I just laugh ,everyone here thinks their cops

Last edited:
•••
the page is still up.. the link for donations is deleted..what would you do if someone associated your name with fraud and posted your information online..I am proud of my efforts and will continue my good deeds.. just don't need to prove it to you. Don't need advertisement.. it was for close friends and family.

•••
He deleted his linkedin page too.

•••
•••
Charity fraud is the number one way to steal large sums without legal consequence.
bernie-sanders-laugh.jpg

Campaign Contributions (y)

•••
if I were him I will donate all the money that i got from all ppl! and then sell that domain for 10k, 50% for me and 50% go to donation org! I think it's win win solution! :xf.grin:

•••
Probably nothing can do here besides hit the server the site is on with a XerXes, I don't condone DoS'ing sites but this may be the exception.

•••
•••
•••
share your proof,then we believe you,or i will personally make your post viral and classified as a scam.

•••
you have 5 hours to shares proofs.
I dont like this kind of website,doesnt even show legal pages

•••
He would not have made his profile and contacts so obvious if he wanted to defraud anyone. He should well know, conviction to defraud will get him a lengthy prison sentence.

Uh he didn't realize it was public until he probably googled his own domain "Irmahurricane.com" and the link to NamePros thread appeared second on google. After noticing his info was public, he quickly purchased Privacy. But it's too late... many screen shots already taken and posted on here.

So does that looks like the actions of an innocent person? You decide cuz I am just expressing the facts.

Why is, most people here convicting him without proof of intent to deceive? Granted, accepting funds directly is not the best way to raise funds for charity. It could be, he can track the number of responses. He would not have made his profile and contacts so obvious if he wanted to defraud anyone. He should well know, conviction to defraud will get him a lengthy prison sentence.

Unrelated, but taking stock of how the laws operate in the domaining world - Domainers are a special breed indeed. When they receive unsolicited pm, emails, it's spam; but, when they send it, it's outbound marketing.

Now, some smartypants will have an opinion on my observations as well. So, fire away.

•••
Uh he didn't realize it was public until he probably googled his own domain "Irmahurricane.com" and the link to NamePros thread appeared second on google. After noticing his info was public, he quickly purchased Privacy. But it's too late... many screen shots already taken and posted on here.

So does that looks like the actions of an innocent person? You decide cuz I am just expressing the facts.

Yes, what you said could be true too. Perhaps he changed to privacy after NP members posted his info publicly. I am not defending him one bit. Sometimes things are not as simple as black and white. His background is I think, Engineering. I am sure he is net smart and web savvy to have known his info would be tracked. Maybe, its my nature to withhold judgment. Our actions have consequences too. :)

Last edited:
•••
Just wanted to warn everyone regarding a fraudulent website.

I was searching about domains registered regarding the currently active hurricane Irma and see what websites come up.

So someone apparently registered irmahurricane.com not just only to get the traffic but also to steal money from people who honestly want to help victims.

If you visit the website there is no info about who owns it but just a few pictures of hurricanes and then a PayPal donation link at the bottom.

The PayPal email when you hit the donate button is [email protected]

The owner seems to be an Indian person with no relation whatsoever with any organizations helping victims.

Is there any way godaddy can take down the website since the domain is registered there?

Love this forum, thanks for sharing.

I will block this scammer on namepros. @ShivPrasad

•••
•••
I think he 'milked' it until people began to report the site. Which he then connected it to 'CrowdRise' and (donated $100 to make himself look like a good guy)

Up until the site was flagged and changes were made (removing his own personal PayPal) god only knows how much this scam artist pocketed for himself.

Disgraceful.

•••
@ShivPrasad Congrats you just made the Top 5 on scamPros.com HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Simpson bully kid.jpg

•••
pitty on them.. good at stealing others hard earned money

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back