IT.COM

.mobi iQuotes.mobi ? StockQuotes.mobi sold for $27,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just seen that StockQuotes.mobi sold for $27k. I own iQuotes.mobi.
Do you guys see any value in names that are shorter and/or similar to the premium .mobi's? I get alot of views for sale for this domain name at afternic, so I think there is interest in these types of domains. If you can't get Phones.mobi for under 15k, but someone might sell you iPhones.mobi for alot less and they would still make out prety good. What about trying to contact the new owners of StockQuotes.mobi to see if they might be interseted in iQuotes.mobi? StockQuotes.mobi can only deal with stock quotes, but iQuotes.mobi could be used for any kind of quotes. I'm just wondering everyones thoughts on this matter because I own versions of several premium .mobi's. I'm sure there are alot of domainers out there that do too.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
brindle123 said:
I just seen that StockQuotes.mobi sold for $27k. I own iQuotes.mobi.
Do you guys see any value in names that are shorter and/or similar to the premium .mobi's? I get alot of views for sale for this domain name at afternic, so I think there is interest in these types of domains. If you can't get Phones.mobi for under 15k, but someone might sell you iPhones.mobi for alot less and they would still make out prety good. What about trying to contact the new owners of StockQuotes.mobi to see if they might be interseted in iQuotes.mobi? StockQuotes.mobi can only deal with stock quotes, but iQuotes.mobi could be used for any kind of quotes. I'm just wondering everyones thoughts on this matter because I own versions of several premium .mobi's. I'm sure there are alot of domainers out there that do too.

Don't get too excited. iQuotes is a fine name but StockQuotes is much better.

•••
what's an iquote ?

stockquotes.mobi has no ambiguity, highly specific and great

for mobile ... hence for this purpose I say its a better name.

:]

•••
Yes StockQuotes.mobi is a great name(27,000). iQuotes.mobi incorperates any type of quote that is needed. iQuotes=internet quotes.
Yes it's not Stockquotes.mobi that one was reserved for the premium list. The only good short domain the related was iQuoets.mobi. I also got iStockQuotes.mobi. (Internet Stock Quotes)
Just trying to make a living here, like the rest of use.

•••
IMHO, iQuote.mobi has a tremendous potential (dev or sale).

Instead of stock quotes, it can also include life insurance quotes or any other financial instruments.

I hope you sell it for high xx,xxx undeveloped.

kev

•••
iQuotes - Instant Quotes, better. There IS reason to get excited.

Goodluck,

GH

•••
sf2010 said:

Instead of stock quotes, it can also include life insurance quotes or any other financial instruments.

kev

It's not iQuote.mobi, it's iQuotes.mobi. And yes...there is a difference. Not trying to mess with the dream, just trying to be specific.

•••
sf2010 said:

kev
Thanks for the good words. I think it's a great name. It is shorter and can incompass all quotes. Who knows, as long as I make more than reg fees I'll be happy. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
I like this name

Iquotes = International Quotes :)

•••
A lot of money for a name that is middle of the rung for quality in it's business sector. What would quote, quotes, stock, stocks, broker, brokers, tsx, opra, nasdaq or even stockquote, be worth then?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back