IT.COM

.io .io Thread and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Days ago has expired SW . IO .
Amazing LL domain, domain was not showed on park.io in the expired list.
I've try to backorder it wth dynadot, but has failed.
DAMN!!!! I've lost a 5 figures domain (sw = software and with .io extension is perfect)!!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Got Stool.io, Stool.co.uk was a decent sale, your thoughts guys??

•••
ecloud.jpg

Electronic/Eco/Enterprise/Electric/Embedded/Encrypted/Ethereum/Entertainment/Energy/

Vape eCommerce site.​

•••
•••
•••
Is the popularity of .io decreasing?

I can see that many decent or even good names are dropping.

•••
Is the popularity of .io decreasing?

I can see that many decent or even good names are dropping.

the good names that are dropping they are picked up again before you can say "decreasing" :)

imo io is increasing in popularity.

too bad its 35$ to reg and renew. I guess some people just opt out after first year. even on pretty good names.

but if you're fast enough on them "good names" you can get lucky like I was when I picked up ken..io and sold a month later for 2.6k :) ....... just few months ago.

Last edited:
•••
Days ago has expired SW . IO .
Amazing LL domain, domain was not showed on park.io in the expired list.
I've try to backorder it wth dynadot, but has failed.
DAMN!!!! I've lost a 5 figures domain (sw = software and with .io extension is perfect)!!

thanks for this info
I should catchup on abbreviations. so this is why I got uniregistry broker email recently saying there is buyer for shortest possible word starting with SW... and my SW.AL was top of the list lengthwise I guess.

that never worked out though but stil worth noting.. for anyne with sw names.. like sw.io etc.. :)

•••
the good names that are dropping they are picked up again before you can say "decreasing" :)

too bad its 35$ to reg and renew. I guess some people just opt out after first year. even on pretty good names.

but if you're fast enough on them "good names" you can get lucky like I was when I picked up ken.io and sold a month later for 2.6k :) ....... just few months ago.

Thanks! I'll try to get one or two more than.

I agree on the high renewals.

•••

^agree, it's an expensive extension to maintain as an investor, thus the turnover. Also believe that a portion of drops are techy types that had an app or dev idea and never followed through so they don't renew either.

•••
I have only owned two .io and both were sold within a year. Ok, not with a huge profit, but that was more up to my own capability and patience.

•••
I got 7
And just agreed to sell them in bulk...don't know whether they are worth anything or not

> > Lunchbox dot io
> > Artifax dot io
> > Bkc dot io
> > Qwik dot io
> > Cihan dot io
> > Wooden dot io
> > Kibana dot io

•••
•••
just missed out Valley.io today......Best of luck to the new owner.

•••
Is Namecheap ($32.88) cheapest both for registering and renewals?

Last edited:
•••
Technically, Moniker is slightly cheaper for new regs at $31.99, mine are there because I detest the nCheap UI that much. Will transfer to nCheap at renewal time though, since Moniker renew is $35.99

•••
Is Namecheap ($32.88) cheapest both for registering and renewals?
Yes with free privacy ....according to domcomp.....My all .io domains are at NC.

•••
•••
Its a nice name.....for Silicon Valley startups......btw which is the best back order site for .io apart from nic.io?

•••
This was a grandfathered backorder so you would have had to pay months ago with zero refund if the owner had renewed
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6269289/

ah ok
so this is why often times you click on expireddomains to buy recently dropped io and its already gone.. thought I wasn't fast enough.. well sometimes I aren't..

so how again do you know on expireddomains.net if its a grandpa or not? I guess its not marked in any way.. and shows up as any other dropped io..... I gues you just gotta click and see if available?

•••
•••
I like .io domains you reg for $32.88 and sell for $xxx to $xxxx within 6 months...but NOTE: domain shud be tech related,if u want good return.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back