Dynadot

.IO Slow Nameserver Changes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
On Friday (Oct-12-2018) at 12PM I changed a .io domain from ns1.undeveloped.com / ns2.undeveloped.com → ns1.bodis.com / ns2.bodis.com

The registrar is godaddy. The change was confirmed in my Domain Control Center and I received the confirmation email shortly after I made the change.

As of right now (Sunday Oct-14-2018 at 8:30AM) that domain name still goes to ns1.undeveloped.com / ns2.undeveloped.com even though a 3rd party DNS tool (https://www.ultratools.com/tools/dnsLookup) shows it is definitely updated to ns1.bodis.com / ns2.bodis.com

I've never seen this happen before. I've changed this domain's nameservers at godaddy many times in the past and the change is almost instant. I realize it sometimes takes up to 24 hours but its going on 44 hours now.

For kicks I tried to change another .io domain I own from and to the same nameservers, respectfully, 24 hours ago. I am experiencing the same no-change in nameservers with the 3rd party DNS tool showing the change is in fact there.

Anyone else experience this very slow change in nameservers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hey, thanks for those sites! I checked (T+50 hours now) and the first url you posted yields all green checkmarks with the IP address for ns1.bodis.com (199.59.242.151). The second URL shows all green checkmarks except the very first one "Holtsville NY, United States Opendns" and the IP address for all those green checkmarks is the same as the other one showed (199.59.242.151) which is correct. However, visit the domain name and it goes to the undeveloped.com for-sale lander instead of the bodis parked page.

•••
I just tried a PING and a TRACERT for the domain name which I changed the nameservers 53 hours ago. The IP address that shows up in brackets [199.59.242.151] is correct for ns1.bodis.com so it somehow "sees" that, I dont think this looks correct...

It doesnt seem like I will ever get to bodis because there is no longer a response after hop 10. I am wondering if this is an issue with undeveloped and not with .IO or GoDaddy?

upload_2018-10-14_15-40-2.png

•••
This issue is only with your ISP DNS cache...

Use OpenDNS...
Set for your internet connection or on your router:

And restart your computer...

+ you may check and refresh any domain via https://cachecheck.opendns.com

Last edited:
•••
And recheck your Bodis settings per this domain...
Looks that Autoredirect to Custom URL is ENABLED.
That's why it forwards to Undeveloped.

Last edited:
•••
This issue is only with your ISP DNS cache...

Use OpenDNS...
Set for your internet connection or on your router:

And restart your computer...

+ you may check and refresh any domain via https://cachecheck.opendns.com

I will change and try again, however why would this be happening with a friend's computer and his cell phone too? He's 1000+ miles from me (different ISP and different cellular service).

My cell phone also shows the old nameserver when using LTE (not my WIFI).

update: I need to wait until my children stop watching something on Netflix or there will be hell to pay. :) But I will definitely try this!

•••
And recheck your Bodis settings per this domain...
Looks that Autoredirect to Custom URL is ENABLED.
That's why it forwards to Undeveloped.

OMG... Wait, hold on. I will check that right now and if so then a big DUH to me!

UPDATE: You are 100% correct! I had forwarding turned on for both domains and I totally forgot that! Great eye Jurgen! THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back