NameSilo

video Investor Portfolio Review #1 - The Domain Vlog

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Josh R

Josh.coTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Love things like these.. i just would like to have more time to watch more videos :)

•••
Thanks for reviewing my portfolio, really appreciate the feedback :xf.grin:

•••
Thanks for reviewing my portfolio, really appreciate the feedback :xf.grin:

Congratulations. Nice to see a "thinker" in action. That is you, when registering domains. Hope they sell for as much as possible.

•••
Thanks for sharing. Really learned something

•••
@slader23 - Sovex.com just sold for $1,300 on NJ - good comparable for you on resell value of QEDEX.

•••
Thanks for the video! I enjoyed it, and also learned some new things. (y)

If you don't mind, I have a question regarding -ex domain names (which you discussed in the vlog). On average, how much less value does a 6L-domain that ends with -ex have compared to a 5L counterpart?

•••
Hi @DrJacoby -

Interesting question and one that I can't necessarily answer. For example, I'd rather own iForex.com than Dofex.com which can be purchased for $399 on Sedo right now.

Most of the time a CVCVC pattern holds fairly strong which is why I'd prefer 5L most of the time.

However, if they are both brandable and easily pronounceable names, I wouldn't be too concerned about whether it was 5L or 6L.

•••
Hi @DrJacoby -

Interesting question and one that I can't necessarily answer. For example, I'd rather own iForex.com than Dofex.com which can be purchased for $399 on Sedo right now.

Most of the time a CVCVC pattern holds fairly strong which is why I'd prefer 5L most of the time.

However, if they are both brandable and easily pronounceable names, I wouldn't be too concerned about whether it was 5L or 6L.
Thanks for your answer!

I was curious, because I bought a "6L-ex domain" a few hours ago at auction for $12 (+ renewal). If I have to drop it a couple of years down the road, I'm going to blame your Vlog. :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back