Dynadot

Interview With The Experts Series - So Far So Good!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just wanted to say a big thank you for the support we've received for the Interview With The Expert Series!

Read Our Post Here

Did you ask the "experts" why they kept their collective mouths shut about the ethically-challenged allegations and admissions of AD? If fact, to the contrary, I heard wonderful words about AD from the "experts."

If you think your on to something "cutting edge" with your Interview With The Expert Series, then you'd better wake up and address real issues.

In fact, you state, "You can then check out our 2nd interview with Shane Bellone, a guy who isn’t afraid to speak his mind. To be frank, he doesn’t give a F*** what you think about him. He is in the domain business to make money. Plain and simple." Gee, that sure is a cutting edge attitude. After all, it's dog-eat-dog out there, right? Mr. Bellone is such a player that he had to set up a "gofundme" page in case he had to pay a lawyer: https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-109 Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, and would be happy to contribute to his cause, but don't you start spewing BS about what an "expert" he is considering his current situation. You guys better wake up, or you'll feel the coming backlash of those of us who are sick of getting screwed and lied to by the "experts."

•••
Hey @HeyNow . Doesn't sound like your a fan of our website or what we're doing...

Did you ask the "experts" why they kept their collective mouths shut about the ethically-challenged allegations and admissions of AD? If fact, to the contrary, I heard wonderful words about AD from the "experts."

Yeah, I saw the thread regarding that situation. I assume your referring to the expert "Shane". I'm pretty sure I posted that interview BEFORE the Adam issue came up. My point is, I'm asking people questions who have knowledge in an industry and are answering them honestly (hopefully) to help others starting out. Actually, their answers help us as well.

If you think your on to something "cutting edge" with your Interview With The Expert Series, then you'd better wake up and address real issues.

Well, some people seem to like the idea and are getting value from the interviews. Yeah, I agree it sucks shady things happen in the industry. It happens in every industry. If I ever find out someone was involved with something unethical knowingly and we interviewed them, I'll pull it down because I don't support any slimy stuff.. Maybe you could start a blog and just attack or call our people who suck? I am not even being a smarta**, I am being serious. It could be a good idea...

Gee, that sure is a cutting edge attitude. After all, it's dog-eat-dog out there, right? Mr. Bellone is such a player that he had to set up a "gofundme" page in case he had to pay a lawyer:

Again, I am not going to get on this issue because it's an ongoing matter. Regarding the Dog-Eat-Dog statement...you wouldn't agree? EVERY business has some type of Dog Eat Dog attitude. Everyone wants to make a profit. The problem occurs when they want to make a profit by scamming other people (lying, not providing your end of a bargain etc.). That sucks and is unacceptable. Having a competitive attitude is expected though, at least for the top players in an industry.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, and would be happy to contribute to his cause, but don't you start spewing BS about what an "expert" he is considering his current situation.

I asked him 10 common questions I had and I see others had as well; he gave good answers. I posted the answers for the public too see to help them with their pursuits when it comes to domaining. I'm taking personally stuff aside, as long as HE PERSONALLY didn't scam anyone, his advice from years of doing this could help others. Right?

You guys better wake up, or you'll feel the coming backlash of those of us who are sick of getting screwed and lied to by the "experts."

Remember....We make videos in our car. We talk about things that we see come up in the forum/online and give our take on it. We post question and answer sessions with people who have been involved with domaining a lot longer than us to try to learn from them personally and share that with others who may want to read it. Heck, we also made a vid about "getting over your ex girlfriend" if ya haven't seen it yet!

The thing is though, I get your point. I don't like unethical scammers, cheaters and all that as well. It sucks. If need be we will address certain things and remove people from our site if anything comes up of wrong doings.

Why would we get any backlash? Of course, I expect to have critics and all. That's normal. But you're making it seem like what we are doing is 100% crap, which I can't agree. Did you even see the other 3 Interviews? Well, I thought they were good. Some others did too...

•••
Hey @HeyNow .
Why would we get any backlash?

Because it appears you're going down the same road as other domain industry journals and blogs. That is, highlighting the wonderful achievements of those who would, IMHO, climb over a group of old ladies to be the first one out of the burning airplane. Those who would, IMHO, prefer to cheat at auctions by keeping outside bidders (buyers) in the dark about the fact that auction platform employees may be bidding against them, driving up prices. Those who consider the domain auction business akin to shearing clueless sheep who wander too close to the fence.

There's already enough of that going on. Hey! I've got an idea. Why don't you plan your next interview with an internet law enforcement professional, like a fraud cop, or District Attorney, thereby doing all of us a favor.
Why not interview a criminal defense attorney who can enlighten the content thieves and copyright infringers and auction cheats about what to expect after they are arrested and charged. Lots of us out here would appreciate that.

•••
Because it appears you're going down the same road as other domain industry journals and blogs. That is, highlighting the wonderful achievements of those who would, IMHO, climb over a group of old ladies to be the first one out of the burning airplane. Those who would, IMHO, prefer to cheat at auctions by keeping outside bidders (buyers) in the dark about the fact that auction platform employees may be bidding against them, driving up prices. Those who consider the domain auction business akin to shearing clueless sheep who wander too close to the fence.

There's already enough of that going on. Hey! I've got an idea. Why don't you plan your next interview with an internet law enforcement professional, like a fraud cop, or District Attorney, thereby doing all of us a favor.
Why not interview a criminal defense attorney who can enlighten the content thieves and copyright infringers and auction cheats about what to expect after they are arrested and charged. Lots of us out here would appreciate that.

Your idea makes sense. I would love to ask a few questions to someone that has the authority to answer them in regards to dealing with scammers/criminals who defraud people. I'm all for that. Any ideas of who I could get in touch with?

Not a bad idea at all. Shoot me over a PM if you could recommend anyone!

-Omar

•••
Your idea makes sense. I would love to ask a few questions to someone that has the authority to answer them in regards to dealing with scammers/criminals who defraud people. I'm all for that. Any ideas of who I could get in touch with?

Not a bad idea at all. Shoot me over a PM if you could recommend anyone!

-Omar

No PM needed. Just get a hold of your local District Attorney (prosecutor) or Internet Crimes detective. They'll steer you in the right direction.

As far as defense attorneys go, don't bother with the usual crop of domain attorneys who regularly represent cybersquatters and typosquatters in WIPO and UDRP disputes. Go interview a criminal defense attorney who specializes in fraud. First, if I were you, I'd find out who Bernie Madoff's lawyer was, then approach his firm for an interview. If you're rejected, then try others who specialize in the same field: FRAUD AND COPYRIGHT/CONTENT THEFT!

And let me add that if you take that direction now, then a few years down the road YOU'LL more than likely be asked to participate as "guest speaker" at conferences, YOU'LL be the one asked to sit on panels for Q & A sessions, instead of the ethically-challenged, glad-handing, auction-cheating, possibly law-breaking a-holes that have been filling some of those positions up thru now.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back