Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Intersting DMOZ Article

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

scribby

VIP Member
Impact
11
Here

Have a read tell us what ya think?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Interesting but not surprising. I've stopped submitting to Dmoz because I think they're way over their heads.
 
0
•••
tolkein said:
Interesting but not surprising. I've stopped submitting to Dmoz because I think they're way over their heads.

I stopped ages ago, I have never had a site added but I have subbmitted every month for 2 years.. so yeah I think this article is true :)
 
0
•••
scribby, that may have been your problem because if you keep submitting your site every month they'll never let you in.
 
0
•••
well every month is just a bit overboard lmao, it would be every 3 months, for the last like 2 years. but its still stupid, I dont think I will ever be in there because of what this article shows, and if you go through to dmoz directory most of the sites in one area are by the editor....
 
0
•••
IMO, the only way to get listed would be to actually become an editor yourself. I've submitted numerous sites, several times, all of high quality. None have ever been listed, and I have NEVER even had an answer from the editors.
 
0
•••
100% Agree. It's run by kids who register as editors just to promote their site on the category their are editors, and to prevent others to get in.

More Fun here:
http://www.corruptdmozeditor.com/
 
0
•••
I've tried to become an editor several times, but have yet to be accepted. I've pretty much given up now, sick of being rejected.
 
0
•••
Great read.

That explains why they won't accept my sites :(
 
0
•••
Yah, I completely gave up on dmoz after a couple of months of first submitting sites.
 
0
•••
I'm still submitting my sites to DMOZ but it seems to be taking a really long time to get listed.
 
0
•••
I'm an editor but i had to applied twice the first time i was rejected, the second time i made sure the form i filled in was 100% correct spelling punctuation, etc. a few day's later i got accepted...

The reason i decided to become an editor was because i couldn't get my site listed (waited 2 years) & to also improve the section, whilst checking the editors dashboard i saw sites submitted in 2000/2001 still waiting to be reviewed now there are two reasons for this:

1) Editors may not be interested in that category & don't check it.
2) Current editors have no sense of urgency to list competition.

Also i should add i submitted one of my sites to a category that i don't edit & it did get approved within a day or two (Amazing) it really does depend on the category, Editors...
 
0
•••
Im reading it right now.
 
0
•••
photoshopfreak said:
I'm an editor but i had to applied twice the first time i was rejected, the second time i made sure the form i filled in was 100% correct spelling punctuation, etc. a few day's later i got accepted...

The reason i decided to become an editor was because i couldn't get my site listed (waited 2 years) & to also improve the section, whilst checking the editors dashboard i saw sites submitted in 2000/2001 still waiting to be reviewed now there are two reasons for this:

1) Editors may not be interested in that category & don't check it.
2) Current editors have no sense of urgency to list competition.

Also i should add i submitted one of my sites to a category that i don't edit & it did get approved within a day or two (Amazing) it really does depend on the category, Editors...

What category do you manage? just so if anyone here has a site that fits in that category then they know they at least have more of a chance of getting on there because your a good editor...

also just quickly ask, when you decline a website being added do you do a reson? or do you just leave the reson blank..

because evertime im rejected there is no reson, its just simply rejected.. even though it has 100% spelling & grammer!
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back