Dynadot

Internet Explorer 7

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
"Microsoft-Watch claims to have some information on the next version of IE7. According to their sources, IE7 will include: IDN support, transparent PNG support, simplified printing from inside of IE7, and news feed support."

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/

Great news, looks like my IDN investments will suddenly mature. PM me if you want any single character Chinese domain names!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
as long as they have a feature to disable IDN support as well, and bring the browser up to standards..maybe then css layouts will get an even bigger boost woo :)

Regards
Brian

•••
Microsoft IE has to face a great competition from Mozilla-Firefox.

Regards

•••
I think it's the other way round. I use Firefox myself, but its still in the minority. IE as a brand is huge.

•••
Nevertheless, I'll stick with firefox

•••
And Firefox already has IDN Support (I know they have temporarily taken it out).

But for IDNs to really take off, we have been waiting for support in IE, the biggest browser.

•••
I preffer Mozilla and it's free so i wont get 7.0 even if its free or not..

•••
My point is: the majority of internet users use IE. Firefox is gaining market share but is still a minority by a big margin. Microsoft will surely use their muscle and all their advantage to convert IE6 users to IE7. I don't care about any lawsuits, court judgements or rulings, you know this will happen!

So from our point of view, this has implications for all of us, because most users will migrate to IE7.

So regardless of my or our personal preferences, we should take IE7 into account.

And that is why with the rumoured IDN support (I thought I would have to wait for Longhorn for that), I am today a very happy man, sitting on a nice bounty of IDN names.

•••
I wouldnt be suprised if ie 7 becomes a rewrite of firefox...since they dont release source who the heck would know!...

•••
sooty said:
My point is: the majority of internet users use IE. Firefox is gaining market share but is still a minority by a big margin. Microsoft will surely use their muscle and all their advantage to convert IE6 users to IE7. I don't care about any lawsuits, court judgements or rulings, you know this will happen!

So from our point of view, this has implications for all of us, because most users will migrate to IE7.

So regardless of my or our personal preferences, we should take IE7 into account.

And that is why with the rumoured IDN support (I thought I would have to wait for Longhorn for that), I am today a very happy man, sitting on a nice bounty of IDN names.

Right, there still will be the majority of internet users using IE7 (for now), but unless Microsoft adds all the features of Firefox to their own browser, Firefox will remain the more flexible and extensible browser.

•••
I'll stay with mozilla,IE will always have to many security issues. imop

•••
Bill would have to offer me some cash to part with my firefox(I love it)

•••
it doesn't have tabs though does it?

•••
I won't change to IE 7 i'll keep Netscape and firefox.
IE is too much buggy, :P

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
it doesn't have tabs though does it?

yes! FF does have tabs.

•••
surprised they dont just buy firefox

•••
Using Firefox give you more benefits than IE.

•••
Two words for Microsoft: Give up. IE will NEVER measure up to FireFox. I mean, AOL, one of the internet's least trusted companies, is developing a browser that will probably end up being better than IE. They seriously NEED to give up on Internet Explorer or actually put some effort into creating it.

•••
Its just a way to gain interest for IE.

I'm trying to be all Firefox, as IE just screwed me over WAY too many times!

True_Snake

•••
IE seems to get me alot of spyware, thats the main reason why I use FF.

•••
Zeeble said:
IE seems to get me alot of spyware, thats the main reason why I use FF.
Yea

I still prefer IE over Firefox for everyday tasks. It can be safe to freely browse if you increase the security settings. I will definetly be upgrading to 7 if it's free. Hopefully it has tabs! I personally see Firefox as more of a "hobby thing."

•••
All I have to say is that most of you are fanboys. IE PWNS FF...

IE7 will have tabbed browsing, and it'll be using some kind of anti-phishing security thing...

So...IE will beat FireFox, I don't care what you say, but you must know that it is true, if not, you really shouldn't be in these forums.

And yea...I'm pretty sure Microsoft will buy Mozilla........:P

•••
There's different browsers than IE and Firefox people.

@ sergio965, I don't see any advantages that IE has, and almost every other browser already has tabs. Nothing has even been confirmed for IE7 yet so you can't say it will have tabs anyway.

Also, one browser can't just 'beat' another browser, there will always be other browsers being used.

•••
i hate IE, their stupid popup blockers dont work at all, they dont have tabs, they dont have extensions, they dont have source code, they dont have addons, they dont have themes, they dont have a better software than Mozilla

•••
Firefox and Opera and other browsers are used by people who do webhosting, and design and know a lot about that stuff. Internet Explorer and Netscape for example, are used by regular internet users ( schools, libraries, people at home just doing research and stuff, all my friends). Firefox is better, but FireFox is only used by people like us in my opinon.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back