NameSilo

Internet Explorer 7

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
"Microsoft-Watch claims to have some information on the next version of IE7. According to their sources, IE7 will include: IDN support, transparent PNG support, simplified printing from inside of IE7, and news feed support."

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/

Great news, looks like my IDN investments will suddenly mature. PM me if you want any single character Chinese domain names!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
not only you noe...
i encourage my friends to use FF and their not at all webmasters and so on

•••
I have a couple of sex.com idn's I've been saving.

Cool =).

Fem

•••
sergio965 said:
IE PWNS FF...

<snip>

And yea...I'm pretty sure Microsoft will buy Mozilla........:P

If IE the superior product, then why does Microsoft have to buy the inferior FF? Also, Mozilla is opensource, so I don't see how Microsoft can really buy it up. Sure, they can buy the Mozilla Foundation, but can't everyone just decide to setup a different opensource group, using all the mozilla code to jumpstart the project?

•••
i dont think microsoft will ever buy up open source projects.
itd tarnish their reputation

•••
Great! Time to try to sell some of my IDN names.

•••
websoft said:
i dont think microsoft will ever buy up open source projects.
itd tarnish their reputation
Good point.

thebush said:
Firefox and Opera and other browsers are used by people who do webhosting, and design and know a lot about that stuff. Internet Explorer and Netscape for example, are used by regular internet users ( schools, libraries, people at home just doing research and stuff, all my friends). Firefox is better, but FireFox is only used by people like us in my opinon.
Yea, Firefox seems to only interest the "tech geeks". The computer tech at my old campus replaced IE with Firefox on every computer since it can be alot safer without too much limitations.

Personally, I love how easy it is to make custom extensions.

•••
yea thats very true. the safetry point is very important. FF has a huge supporters who respond to bugs and etc very quickly, at least faster than IE

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
it doesn't have tabs though does it?
I hope iExplorer has tabs...

What I want in a browser is a mixture of loads of browsers:

- A mail client [built in] like opera
- Tabs, and the speed of firefox
- 1 instance ONLY of the browser... like opera again. (so you don't have numerous browsers open)
- All plug-ins like iexplorer... opera and firefox aren't really supported much
- etc...

I will have to get iExplorer 7 though, its a kind of feeling in my stomache... I will have to try it out, no matter how hard I resist! :lol:

•••
IE7 has incomplete CSS support and no tabbed browsing. Fanboys claiming there's tabs must prove me that there are, if they want to make a case.

sooty said:
And Firefox already has IDN Support (I know they have temporarily taken it out).

No, they didn't. It was a false alarm.

sergio965 said:
it'll be using some kind of anti-phishing security thing...

Which won't either work, is incomplete, causes even more issues, remains as a pointless buzzword or simply can't be configured.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will buy Mozilla

Haha. Clearly you don't seem to have a clue who owns Mozilla and how it's run. Sorry, but just won't happen. Mozilla is a community initiative. :)

•••
Rasbelin said:
IE7 has incomplete CSS support

Indeed.

Also, how do you know IE7 won't have tabs?

Last edited:
•••
I'm sticking with FireFox :)

•••
Rowan W said:
When and where did they say that?

They never finished implementing CSS2, and there's a fat chance they'll finish it off. CSS3 hasn't even been finished yet, so how do you know IE7 will have complete CSS3 support?

I said incomplete, not complete. CSS3 isn't supported in IE7 and CSS2 won't be fully supported, like in MSIE 6. However they may improve the support somewhat.

The Register said:
Finally, the software giant is still unsure about the extent to which it will embrace CSS2, although IE 7.0 is likely to feature some additional support for the W3C standard.

Also, how do you know IE7 won't have tabs?

They haven't anywhere officially cofirmed tabs. It's just an assumption based on some info leaks here and there, which at least The Register has featured. So I would certainly not take that as a yes to tabs.

•••
Rasbelin said:
I said incomplete, not complete.
haha, woops. :red:

•••
lol..this is funny. its like arguing if Hot Wheels are better than Match Box.

Again, as stated before you cant say FF or what not is better than IE or safer or anything because of spyware or viri, etc.

Until they begin writing scripts to exploit it.. you wont know. That should begin very soon though seeing as almost 10% (per polls) are usin something other than IE.

Dont kid yourself into a sense of superiority. It will be the Wall Street backed and motivated that will be left standing when all is said and done.

•••
LeeRyder said:
Again, as stated before you cant say FF or what not is better than IE or safer or anything because of spyware or viri, etc.

Until they begin writing scripts to exploit it.. you wont know. That should begin very soon though seeing as almost 10% (per polls) are usin something other than IE.
A very good point.

Here is what I've been told by some hard core programmers and code junkies I know.

The thing is - FireFox (and the other alternative browsers) simply have not been popular enough to garner the attention of most hackers, spyware authors (etc.) and that is the biggest reason people *think* it's safer. Since the number of users is miniscule compared to IE, there are naturally going to be less reported problems. A lot less.

For the moment, the other browsers might be safer, but many people will tell you it's not because they are engineered that much better. It's simply because nobody really cared about them enough to dissect them yet, and focus their attention on them. Before long, and as their popularity grows, there will be more security holes found, and the so called "safer" browsers will be picked apart just like their predecessors.
I guess time will tell. :!:

Last edited:
•••
I think that it is stupid that it will only come out with Windows XP SP2!
They will not get anywhere with doing that.

•••
GJ Online said:
I think that it is stupid that it will only come out with Windows XP SP2!
They will not get anywhere with doing that.
really?

thats sooo harsh. I don't have sp2 and I never want it! :o

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back