IT.COM

Internet.bs Review - No Domain No Refund, Horrible Customer Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It's been a full 3 days since I paid for a domain with Internet.bs. The domain is NOT registered and I have No Refund. Here is what happened.

I first tried to register and pay with the domain using PayPal. There was some issue with Emancipation Media the company they use as a reseller for PayPal payments. (Internet.bs had their PayPal account shutdown.) Typically the form should just take you to page with an option to pay with PayPal. I kept trying to use it but it kept taking me to a login page for Emancipation Media. I have no idea why.

After retrying it finally took me to an invoice page and I tried to click on PayPal to pay. For some reason it wouldn't load. I was pretty annoyed but just decided to use my debit card to pay. After a ton of annoying screens and confusing menus I finally had success.

I got to a page on Internet.BS where it had my invoice and it said the transaction had processed for the domain. I thought, "Finally!" but...

I checked my Interent.bs account and didn't see the domain was registered or in the account. I checked my bank statement and it showed a charge from "InternetBS". I checked my invoices in my account and there is no record of the transaction.

Since my bank statement shows I've been charged by Internet.bs, I don't understand what the deal is. I guess it's more convenient for them to take your money, not provide you with a service, and not offer a refund or solution, and play games with customers.

I requested one of 2 things from InternetBS.
  1. The domain
  2. A Refund
Pretty simple ask. They refuse to provide either.

I was informed yesterday that the billing department was going to contact me asap and that my ticket was put on "High" priority. From where this is not the case. I have had no contact from Internet.bs staff since yesterday about resolving this issue.

What's frustrating is the domain I want could have been registered by another registrar in the time it's taken them to work this out.

Centralnic and Ben Crawford, the CEO, has wrecked Internet.bs. Don't care about customers or the fact you give them money. As we've seen from the fact they are shutting down the sub-domain business.

http://www.internetnews.me/2016/04/29/centralnic-sunsetting-several-sld-extensions/
http://www.sibername.com/blog/qc-com-will-sunsetted-along-ar-gb-hu-kr-no-se-uy-com/

Seem more focused on the registry business and they do not care about registrar customers at Internet.bs. Probably hate business from the US too.

Moral of the story, AVOID Internet.B#$#@T and take your business to another registrar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Issues has been resolved. They finally registered and placed the domain in my account.

•••
SHOCKINGLY BAD REGISTRAR, LET THIS SERVE AS A WARNING

As many of you know... I've been a domainer for around 12 years now. I've used pretty much every registrar at some point, and have done over 5,000 domain transfers in that time.

And I've NEVER had such a bad experience as I have now had with InternetBS.

InternetBS many years ago was an excellent registrar, offering low pricing and a decent domain management console.

HORRIBLE NEW EXPERIENCES:
1. I discovered that they are no longer the low cost provider... a TLD priced at $45 renewal elsewhere, which used to be around the same with InternetBS, was silently increased to over $100 this year.

2. I tried to transfer out 4 of my domains to 3 different registrars... InternetBS said for days that they saw no attempts to transfer. Very unlikely given that I've done thousands of transfers and this was three well known registrars who know what they are doing.

3. After significantly complaining on live chat several days in a row, they finally released 3 of my 4 domains.

4. Now comes the crazy part

• The fourth domain was bouncing at the new registrar due to an incorrect auth code. Even though I got the auth code directly from their back end.
  • I tried changing the auth code on the back end.... and trying again. And again... and again. I even used simple text for the auth code to make sure there were no issues. It still didn't work.
  • I started to get nervous because the domain was starting to get close to expiry and the "support" wasn't being at all helpful in fixing their technical glitch.
  • Eventually the domain expired and support told me that I had to pay $26.33 if I wanted to transfer the domain out.
They are currently holding my domain hostage, even though I started the transfer prior to the domain expiring and it was THEIR faulty system and bad technical support that caused the domain to expire.

They have refused to allow the domain to transfer, or to cover the cost of reinstatement.

Additionally their chat support is non-helpful, and they have frequently "escalated" to their mysterious "Level2" support team. - The biggest problem with that... is that you never hear back from them unless you kick up a fuss... and even then it takes several days to get an unhelpful uncaring response.

TRUST ME FOLKS, IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR DOMAINS.... GET AWAY FROM INTERNETBS AS QUICK AS YOU CAN

ps: Did I mention that I've spent over $10,000 with them over the years and they still didn't care enough to help sort out this situation. Unacceptable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back