Domain Empire

opinion International Sales Question

Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
I have sold many domains and used all types of payments and deal structures. But I have a deal now with a Chinese buyer for a fair amount of money. He speaks no English. I have never done a deal in China before and have some concerns. First, would you insist on Wire Transfer? Does Escrow.com handle International transactions? Any special risks to be aware of when dealing with China for a sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Escrow.com does international sales and using them will make sure the money is good before you move the domain. I think if you hang on to your domain until escrow gives you the OK you'll be alright. I would be hesitant to move a name for any decent amount of money without using a third party such as escrow or of course the company I work at :)

•••
Agreed, the only way I would do without an escrow service was a wire transfer done first, then release the domain. Few buyers would be willing to do that.

•••
hi, im from china
if the buyer doesnt speaks english
id advice you use dn.com
it's a china-based dn escrow service
they are targeting deals like yours
good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back