IT.COM

.tv Interesting sale of a Top .TV name on eBay...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.Mike

Made in the U.K.VIP Member
Impact
I thought everybody would be interested in watching this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HORROR-TV_W0QQitemZ5833111549QQcategoryZ3767QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sadly to say its not mine, but I am sure it will set a nice bench mark for other top names. He makes some interesting claims that he has had two cable companies interested in it (which wouldn't surprise me to be honest) and by auctioning it he is putting the two against each other (plus whoever else wants in, although it is a private auction).

This one could potentially go through the roof - it has started well!

Go .TV !!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
JeffM2 said:
That is BS.. you should have recorded teh call... verisign should stop the monopoly :P

VeriSign stop anything it has a monopoly on? Now that is funny :lol: :bah: :hehe: :yell:

•••
maximum said:
VeriSign stop anything it has a monopoly on? Now that is funny :lol: :bah: :hehe: :yell:
you misread what i said. i meant someone should break it up

•••
Jeff,

You're 100% right. But I don't see that happening till either ICANN (who seems to love them) or the US Department of Commerce (who seems to think of them as their way to keep control of the net) decide that Verisign is bad for us all. In my lifetime (I'm in young 30's)? :td:

•••
That is BS.. you should have recorded teh call... verisign should stop the monopoly :P
Stop what monopoly the dot tv ext is their ext to run They did the deal with the island of Tuvalu. Verisign has always been Interested in Development and end users purchasing domains they could care less abou the domainer as I have said this is not a domainer extension.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back